Reviews for Existence Qualified
icemenace chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
I can see these thoughts running through the mind of that John Sheppard.

McKay is McKay no matter what universe he's in and this one did know the right buttons to push to get the response he wanted.

Good work. Sorry it took so long to RandR.
Silfrvarg chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
I love the ending of this story, one of my favorite vegas tags :)
Moonloony chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
OK, third time is a charm to get this review to go thru!

Thank you so much for writing this tag to Vegas. I saw the episode only once (my dvr deleted it after a day!) but your story brought it right back to life for me.

I loved both this fic and 'As It Is'. McKay without snark and Sheppard not in his usual happy-go-lucky characterization is both bitter-sweet and very interesting. Loved how McKay thought he played Sheppard, and Sheppard knew he was being played.

I was heartened by the thought that Louisa was waiting for John, so to speak. I am a shipper at heart, but could never see John and Teyla, nor any of those Kirk-esque chick-i-poos falling in love. This unknown Louisa will do just fine for me. :)

Thank you again! (*crossing fingers and hitting submit*)
Frisco chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
*sob* This has such a haunting quality - completely in tune with the episode itself. I love how he's unsure of what McKay actually meant/intended, knows he was played, and is still willing to do the right thing.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Thank you for writing this piece and the one from McKay's POV-my take might be slightly different from yours, but yours is highly plausible. And as tempting as the fix-it AUs are, I don't think they fit the AU of the episode.

Also, if you'll permit a moment of musical overanalysis: Running off to Mexico to hide is a Jimmy Buffett move. I agree with you that that's what he was doing-shades of "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"-but a Cash fan isn't meant for a Buffett world. Deep down, Vegas!Shep is still the man in black-stuck in Folsom Prison, maybe, but willing to stand for what he knows is right even at a cost. (Not to knock Buffett, just comparing the ethics espoused in each man's music.)

Anyway, great job, and thanks for sharing.