Reviews for Crystal Cerberus: A Self Insert
Lady Larka chapter 22 . 7/30/2013
cool followin you... I LOVE VINCENT X OC PAIRING PROMISE TO PUT THEM TOGETHER!
Memory25 chapter 22 . 5/23/2013
Oh man... I'm so sad now. I only know FFVII though, so insertion into another game would probably put a stop to my curiosity. Not to sure if I'd understand all the other references...

And I'm so sad that we never got to Advent Children or anything with Sephiroth, and I never did understand the dreams with Crystal and Sephiroth. Those were weird.
TheSecondOtherGuy chapter 22 . 1/1/2013
O_O I love continued stories THANK YOU TTTT
NexarkXIII chapter 22 . 11/4/2011
must read sequal! I absolutelypositively100% loved this story!
kenegi chapter 22 . 7/6/2011
One word... Cool.
AnnAisu chapter 22 . 5/15/2011
This...was really good. The beginning was a little rocky, but your writing steadily improved and the end finished with aplomb! By now, your writing is really good! A little much personal stuff...but that's okay, 'cause I know I would too. Congrats on escaping from being dragged into the Mary Sue syndrome! Yeah...you started off as baggage, but by the end, you were protecting butt and taking names! Lol...does that work? Very nice. Well, I'm heading over to check for the next fic of yours once I finish reviewing, so...sayonora!
KHandFF7fanforever chapter 22 . 12/19/2010
Let me just say...HOLY SHIVA THIS STORY IS GOOD! i just could not stop from reading it, it was soo good. tory was assume! And i do hope she'll be able to see darik angain...maybe? well still, love it!
heavenslilagl420 chapter 22 . 8/18/2010
omg this has got to be one of my fav ff7 stories. you did a very good job with the plot line. i hope to see something in your next stories bout the return to Gaia, Keep up the good work!
EsaWolf chapter 2 . 5/31/2010
I love your story so far. Ii seems very interesting.

p.s. I noticed there were exactly 100 reviews. I had to mess it up!
sherril chapter 17 . 4/29/2010
I don't really know what to say except that you're amazing.

I can't quite put it into words, but you are doing things here that are simply amazing. You see, you're playing with clichees here. I don't know how much of it was intentional, but it's just getting more brilliant with every chapter. Usually, when I see a fic by a thirteen-year-old and it's their first fic and a self insert at that, I don't have very high expectations. But you somehow managed to turn that whole business upside down.

You take one bit of the self insert clichee and twist it around until it's either funny or totally awesome. Being an Ancient? Well, that's pretty Sue-ish. But being thrown into the game by an evil company against your will is far less Sue-ish.

And the topics you are writing about beside the actual story are so stunningly mature...

The ethical dilemma of killing... it is such an important topic. In every war, in every society with criminals, people should ask themselves if it is right to kill others even if they have done horrible things. How often do people think about this while playing video games? In a society like ours, the heroes of video games would be considered murderers because thay have no right to take justice into their own hands.

The contrasts you're presenting here are so stunningly amazing... especially in this chapter which lead me to write this review. One second you write a character that's fangirling about Nero, only to make the realization a few moments later hit even harder; that despite his sexy accent and no matter how much you want to hug him and make him feel better, he is still a murderer and would kill you without a second thought. It may not seem much to realize that, but look around... so many girls fangirling about enemies and rationalizing their behaviour, never once acknowledgeing that these guys are actually killers...

You're showing a degree of awareness and thoughtfulness that's way beyond the usual thirteen-year-old and I'm really looking forward to reading your more recent fics.

After I finish reading this one, of course. Needless to say, I liked this chapter the most so far. Might have also something to do with Nero. (I never said fangirling was bad, did I?)

I hope you understand what I'm trying to tell you, I sometimes suck at putting my thoughts into words and it's even more complicated in English.
sherril chapter 16 . 4/29/2010
Time for comic relief... nice. :)

Just to be plunged into cold water right afterwards. I've never really thought about the battle with Azul, but it really seems that somebody would get hurt... Fighting Azul alone seems like a suicide mission, though.

Maybe Emily has told Derik that he would be alright. I've been theorizing about a kind of stable timeloop thing. The story of Dirge has long been written and is known to both Tory and Derik. So far nothing in the main storyline has changed, despite Tory trying to change things (saving Shalua). So what if the storyline can't change, no matter what they do? It could mean that the one who fights Azul won't die, but it could also mean that only Vincent can defeat Azul. So if the people behind Gemini know that the story can't change, they could tell Derik that he would be alright...

But maybe that's just too weird.
sherril chapter 15 . 4/29/2010
The fight with Rosso could have been longer. It seems like they defeated her in just a few moments, which doesn't seem right. She's a Tsviet, a skilled fighter, it just seems unlikely that she would go down in such a short time.

I'm also wondering why you let her die by being shot, and not by killing herself like in the game. Is there any deeper reason to it?

I can imagine that it has to do with Tory's ethical dilemma. Most people would feel pity for people like Rosso and wouldn't feel good about killing her, despite a sense of necessity. Which makes me wonder... don't they have any kind of prisons? I find the concept of killing criminals objectionable, even more so when said criminals have backstories like the Tviets. It's really no wonder that Tory feels so bad about killing. Our understanding of moral just doesn't mix well with video game moral.

And I found it highly interesting that Hunter gave the materia to Tory. So he actually seems to care whether or not his "subjects" die (or I'm just over-interpreting again).
sherril chapter 14 . 4/29/2010
It is somehow strange and unsettling that Adam and therefore probably all people behind Gemini know about Crystal. I don't know if it is important, but until now Crystal seemed more like an imaginary (or maybe even real) friend. If Adam knows about her she can't be imaginary... besides, the comment itself is very cryptic and Adam seems to know more about Crystal.

Concerning the meeting... This part seems a bit strange to me.

[...] "Of course."

Okay, so I flinched and squeaked [...]

The … probably mean that you left out the scene with the earth and the universe and Omega and stuff. I think it might have been a good idea to mention it, because now there is a kind of gap in the flow of the story. It's just a bit confusing.
sherril chapter 13 . 4/29/2010
I think of all the action chapters so far I like this one the most. It has a certain kind of "flow" to it.

What I liked most was how Tory tried to protect Shelke and Shalua. It has to be hard to be stuck in a story you know by heart and not being able to change anything. Knowing that Shalua is going to be hurt and not being able to prevent it is probably worse than not knowing at all.
sherril chapter 12 . 4/25/2010
Interesting... I get the feeling that something really important has happened in this chapter. Tory's weapon finally gets a name that somehow connects it to Vincent's weapon. A strange charm appears out of nowhere. The people behind Gemini can apparently alter physical reality in the games.

And the charm itself... I'm overflowing with theories. It's a heart, so it has something to do with Tory's feelings. It's separated in two parts, one red and one blue with a black and a white wing respectively. I'd say that Tory's feelings are torn, but this isn't a romance fic, so I don't really have an idea.