Reviews for The Parting of the Ways
Yami Dragoness of Dark chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Kicking ass in a dress. Yuri, you've gone up on my awesome scale. You for writing this hysterical, sad, smile inducing, thought inducing story :D
Silverchild of the winds chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
I wonder how dense Flynn is not to know the difference between leading and commanding. yuri can lead but not Command, and Flynn seems to be the only commander who actually can lead, yet his life seems to be lonlier thant Yuri's.

the interaction between the waitresses was great. Loved how Marcia didn't like being used to punish someone but gave in due to practicality, she was an OC I liked, because she didn't take over or just fade to the sides.

"Yuri stared at the Knights' uniform.

He should want to put it on. It was all he had to wear, besides this goddamn dress.

If even that wasn't enough to make him want to wear it, his choice was pretty clear."

that was a wonderfully written decision proccess. it only took a few seconds, but I could see Yuri in his dress, dreading the ordeal of getting back into his armor, finally deciding that if he'd take wearing a dress over a knight's uniform, being in the knights wasn't right for him.

If flynn could have seen that I think he'd have understood. Of coursem just up and leaving things like that wouldn't feel right to him but the friends care about each other enough to respect each other's decisions about life styles. All in all you did a wonderful job describing the first time Yuri ever went vigilante, and even managed to shy it withou going all angsty. It was more thatn just the dress, it was the way Flyn could tell that Yuri was enjoying himself for the first time in months.
AmaterasuOkami chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
lol, I love it! Yuri in a dress
Rydia Asuka chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
That was..fantastic. Brilliant, even. I love how everything flowed together, using 'evidence' from the game and...yeah. I loved it. Great job!
Minnoe chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
oh man. Priceless. I loved the plot, and your execution was flawless. Great job!
Syeroix chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
God. This was several things rolled into one. It was Hilarious with all the grace Yuri had kicking ass in a dress, it was about going against adversity and finding a new way, it was sad with the torture of women, romantic with the kiss, and flippantly well written.

Good Yuri's past/Yuri cross-dressing story and I do so love the equations in you head.

I give you my applause.

Much love.
Alavaria chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
A fun read. Thanks! :)
Aerosophical chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Great story, possibly the best thing I've ever read. The descriptions were detailed, and even though I'm not really a fan of yaoi/shounen-ai, I wasn't bothered by it. It kind of added to it.

I can really see all of this happening before ToV so even though it's fake it feels like it gave me a little backstory on it P

Slightly off-topic though, since they're making a ToV movie based on the events when Yuri was a knight, that'd be very interesting if it's something remotely like this o.o

If you don't mind me asking, how did Flynn figure out to stop him anyhow? I guess I didn't pay very much attention if that happened in the game...
OldFanficAccount chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Wow, this was really enjoyable. I loved this little piece of backstory you've invented; the writing was clear and funny, and the characterizations were spot on. It was also fairly hilarious, and had me giggling at moments. :)
sonoci chapter 1 . 5/20/2009
Wow, I'm not even a fan of FlynnxYuri and I loved this. xDD

I officially love Ceile. Dressing Yuri up? Priceless. xD Don't get me wrong, I don't like to see Yuri suffer, it's just too hilarious.

The perfect way to win any argument: A kiss. Works every time.

You captured Flynn and Yuri's personalities perfectly. If I didn't know better, I could swear this to have happened in the game (besides the kiss, because Namco just wouldn't do that)
noperfect917 chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
I am looking foward to how this continues
Kataru chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
this story is so cute. please do write more...
Reviewer chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
Oh, I loved it! The characters were spot on and the story was entertaining and amusing, but still held onto the themes of the actual game.

Awesome.
frostneko chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
That was entertaining! I could see it happening, besides the alleyway...Well done.
Mathais chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
I thought that this was masterful. I thought it summed up the relationship between Yuri and Flynn well. I thought the ending was a little sad.

But the detail that struck me the most? For some reason, it wasn't the interaction with Flynn. It was that long strap of leather, which represented everything that Yuri left the Knights for, which he uses as he walks his own path. And it's such a detail like that which gives a story that little thrill up my spine and makes me want to speak for it.