Reviews for Trainspotting
SilverCat64 chapter 15 . 2/3
What can I say about this story other than how much I love it and how brilliant the plot is. I mean Gemma and phil were awesome characters and Minerva as Mina. Her reunion with Ro aka Bird woman. This storys just fantastic! I don't know how you manage to blend sadness, bitterness and happiness into on story but you do. Gemma's attachment to Minerva was sweet. (Endlessskies64)
Guest chapter 15 . 5/3/2016
I love this so much it's so good this is my Fitch time rereadibg it and I just can't get enough ahhhhhh it's so good
DarthVandola chapter 15 . 6/23/2012
This entirely story was flawless. I don't think I could point out something I didn't like. Ever. The angst, romance, mischief and mystery are all tied together so beautifully. Nothing is perfect, but this is sure damn close. I absolutely loved this from start to finished. Love, love, love.

DarthVandola chapter 6 . 6/23/2012
Oh the cold, dead-weight irony at the end! Love it! This chapter was very much needed after last... so terrible and tragic! I love it all.

DarthVandola chapter 4 . 6/23/2012
I don't cry easily, so I'm rather upset at myself for not crying when Min says that Poppy died... Oh god! You horrible person! How could you do that? (I'm a hypocrite, sue me lol) Flawless angst. Flawless. So wonderful.

DarthVandola chapter 3 . 6/23/2012
Merlin's beard. I love this. The angst is so pure; it's wonderfully written, heart wrenching and just all out fabulous. I love it to bits! And Rola wasn't on here! :( Must. Keep. Reading! Oh, and Spin84 sent me here, she says hello! :D

Mari chapter 14 . 10/11/2011
Great story!
Masho chapter 14 . 6/25/2011
I jumped to the end to see if they'd won, felt ashamed for being such a pathetic fragile baby, and slinked away from your story.

all the best though.
Masho chapter 5 . 6/25/2011
Ewwwwwwww. But clearly review-worthy, :P
anonymouth chapter 15 . 11/19/2010
I must admit, I felt a bit anti-climactic at first, but then I read this chapter, and it all sort of sunk in. I like it. Because real life, real wars, battles, relationship, they don't just end and everybody lives happily ever after, or they move on and forget. It's hard and painful and sometimes neverending, and you capture that perfectly, at the same time leaving just the right amount of hope behind. It's beautiful.
Swallow B chapter 14 . 11/8/2010
It was a good ending to a good story. Personally, I am not too in favour of 'sappy happy' endings, this suits me. It left me feeling sad for Phil, can you imagine? But Gemma is right and shouldn't pay attention to me. Perhaps Phil will learn her lesson... You created an interesting and plausible new universe, a world of possibilities, allowing our imaginations to pick up from here - which I see you have done. So on to the next chapter.
Swallow B chapter 5 . 10/29/2010
I always say I won't review a story until I get to the end, but I do, when I get to such a good chapter as this. This was a fantastic insight into Minerva, a perfect portrait of her. Very thorough and very IC. Perfectly in place, too. I had been enjoying the story as one enjoys good stories : eager to see what would happen next, but the lack of 'action' in this chapter didn't bother me at all. This was better.

Your little note about fan fiction writing being like sonnet writing stayed in my mind, for some reason. Having to 'work' (is this work?) within certain limits allows us, maybe even forces us to push forward in other directions.

(Did I ever tell you you are a great writer?)
JUJUChick16 chapter 15 . 1/7/2010
I have always loved it when Rolanda and Minerva are put together, SO CUTE! So sweet and...I'm getting tears. In other words I love it!
Amanda Pearson chapter 15 . 1/5/2010
What a wonderful little addition; I love that it's written ABOUT Minerva and having a relationship with her but from Hooch's point of view. You've really gotten inside her head, from the way she looks at Minerva with adoration:

/Ro loved seeing her like this, the day's tension temporarily smoothed from her face, her passion-tousled dark hair spilling over her pale skin./

to the way she refers to Harry and Hermione:

/Potter and Kingsley and the Granger girl/

it's all perfect. As is everything you write. And this line of Minerva's:

/But you'll never catch a McGonagall diluting perfectly good spirits with fruit juice./

and this one:

/It's called magic, Mr Shacklebolt. Or have you forgotten that I'm a witch?/

had me grinning from ear to ear. You DO write Minerva with such insight.

Well done, Kelly.
tigertales chapter 15 . 1/5/2010
Just wanted to drop a note to thank you for such a beautifully crafted tale. While strictly a MM/HG fan, I've found this work extremely well done and wouldn't mind seeing this Ro & this Minerva in more adventures together. Perhaps a story where they finally triumph over the darkness? Again thank you for sharing.