Reviews for Withdrawing
Spoiler alert chapter 3 . 11/5/2014
I dont have words for this. But I really loved this one!
Everything. Was. Perfect. I love how you described the professor's serious-calm-"angry" tone. (I think that's what i liked the most...?)
And when he said that he was disappointed, it broke my heart! I almost could feel in Luke's place. I had to stop reading. Don't missunderstand me, is not that i disliked that but it didn't make me happy either. I was just... well... really surprised! The professor saying that to Luke was something new to me.
(Isn't weird when you love some characters but at the same time you want to see them desesperate, sad and broken?)
asdhfsd. Sorry for my shitty review. English is not my first lenguage
Children of Light chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
Loved the story!
Finvarra Faerie chapter 3 . 12/14/2013
Beautiful story.
little-luke chapter 3 . 5/8/2013
This story is so touching :')
I just can't help but love it 3
I really like the way that you had shown
the relationship between Luka and Layton in such an
realistic way and ... I actually nearly cried in the
second chapter :') It's so awesome x3
Nikki Altava chapter 3 . 8/10/2012
Three words: best story ever.

I've read this like 20 times now. A-MAZ-ING
Eggy-Monster chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
A wonderful story. I feel like I say that a lot to you.

This was just beautiful and I have to say, I cried. That was just so...beautiful and disgusting and awesome at the same time!

Beautiful because it was an anguish story and it ended happy and was so wonderfully written.

Disgusting not because of anything you wrote, but because it was about drugs and they just gross me out. Nothing about you.

Awesome because...well, just read it. It was so heart-wrenchingly good and I felt weird because I would go and re-read it during free-time in computer class at school and kids would ask me if I was an addict. But it was worth it, and I got another girl to read it and she said it was amazing.

So you should feel pretty proud of yourself right about now. :)

Please continue to write PL stories! I think you're the best PL author on the site!

Eggy-Monster chapter 2 . 6/13/2012
Oh my god! I love this story so much, it's unhealthy! This is very good! Ah, opium. My next guess. Sort-of...no, not really *insert troll face*

Poor Luke! Oh, my favorite part!

With a scream that should never have come from a masculine throat, Luke threw the box and the needle to the ground. He saw the opium spray across the floor and heard the sound of shattering as the syringe broke to pieces, and he didn't care. Both hands clenched into fists and slammed into the rug that covered the hardwood floor; he dropped his head until his forehead was pressed against the floor, feeling his eyes burn with tears and he just wanted it to stop—

That was just...amazing and almost...well, painful. I hurt when I read that. It was so well described. Beautiful, no better word for it.

Eggy-Monster chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Wow, this is powerful. Is he...(pardon my French) tripping on acid? Because if so *grabs Luke and hugs him tightly*

Please stop, my Lukie-poo! Nasty drugs cause nasty things! Or...maybe it's heroin? I'm not sure, there's too many drugs out there man. Too many...

This, however, is like a drug, because I can't stop reading, even though it's past midnight! Talk about dangerous! :)

OMG gotta go finish it!

E person chapter 3 . 2/12/2012
There are no words to describe how beautiful and wonderful this story is. I was so frightened for Luke but I'm so glad that he beat the addiction in the end. Good job for doing research before you wrote this; it added to the realness of the story. You did a great job with the Professor too; everything was in-character with him. I was feeling so many different emotions while reading the story and I think that this is the main goal of stories so props to you for making it happen. Please, keep on writing Professor Layton stories because all of yours are amazingly wonderful... I hope to see a new one soon :)

~E Person
RandomReader chapter 3 . 9/9/2011
Bloody brilliant.

How did the professor know it was opium, anyway?
Eleanor Harkness-Jones chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
And here I was thinking Luke had a brain under his cap.
APLunch chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I've been reading your stories for sometime now (and I've reread your more humorous ones several times), and now that I've finally played Unwound Future, I've decided to read your more serious fics...and I have to say this one is one of my favorites. Part 2 is absolutely beautiful and I must say that it made my eyes tear up a bit (I swore to my brother it was allergies...).

My only comment in the lines of constructive criticism (if you can call it that, because the direction that you took it in was great) is that I think it would have been interesting to discover that the Professor had had an opium addiction in high school, or something to that effect.

Anyway, it's just a thought. I really loved this fic, and I'm looking forward to reading more. :)
Mad Clown Disease chapter 3 . 11/16/2010
This is absolutely amazing.

You don't know what the withdrawal you chose to write about was like - and you wrote it anyway, and did a wonderful job doing so. Very convincing. This was an emotional, involved piece, and I found my own heart racing like crazy as I read this. I really like the personalities of the characters, too.

I only have one little question/concern: why Opium? I hardly ever hear anything about that drug so maybe you picked it for its originality (and trying to avoid pot for stereotypical reasons, perhaps) though personally, I'd have preferred Heroin or Meth as those two would probably strike better chords within the readers. Reading about a Heroin addiction is like a trip on its own, and I know at least I personally could relate to reading about a Meth problem. Those two are more common so it'd hit readers' hearts stronger (unless you avoided them for that specific reason?) - either way I think those two would have presented a stronger physical case.

However, I did find the initial moment Luke tried it out to be very convincing. So perhaps my concern doesn't mean much, in the end.

Either way, fantastic work.
1Thunderfire chapter 2 . 11/8/2010
Oh, gods, I found that one really emotional. Thank goodness the Professor is so understanding.
1Thunderfire chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
And that is why you should not take drugs, Luke. You idiot.