Reviews for Only Human
Taipan Kiryu chapter 3 . 2/5/2009
I wasn’t familiar with the concept of Mary Sue characters until I started to read fanfiction. But as revolting they are, is thoroughly satisfactory to find original characters that are quite the opposite: strong, believable, well defined characters that stand at the same level with the canon ones.

And that is the case of Melissa Haven. You didn’t need to use so many lines to highlight her since the beginning. Her thoughts and attitudes spoke for themselves, as it happens with every well defined character. She stands easily as the perfect OC for this story.

Saved by a human… well that had to be it for Skywarp, if he would have been conscious to experience it. Although after losing his body, it wouldn’t have mattered really.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 2 . 2/5/2009
Hell must exist in a realm in which a Decepticon is helpless, and subdued to the will of what he considers inferior beings.

Pride and vanity are definitely part of the programmation of beings that have universal conquer as their primary objective. Being at these humans’ mercy must have been more than unbearable for Skywarp.

Your version of the Transformers ancient story is quite original. Indeed, “souls” is nothing that could be mass produced just like that, even being Vector Sigma. Genocide must have been an easy step for the Quintessons.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Oh my… it is you!

I wrote you a mail some months ago asking you to please finish this story, after finding it online. You were very kind replying me, and now I find it here… I can’t tell you how happy you have made me! I absolutely love your story and it will be a delight to read it again, so I hope you don’t mind if I review every chapter. It’s a great fic and it deserves it, so I’ll be pestering you during the day.

OK, first chapter:

I’m between the ones who hated the 80’s animated movie because it killed some of my favorite characters and it was a lame excuse to introduce a new line of toys, but your description of that devastating floating-in-space scene was amazing, touching and really meaningful.

I love how you caught the characters’ personalities since the beginning. Megatron’s attitude was so in character; powerful and proud leader, he always look after the survival of his troops but his own is prioritaire. He was not one to hesitate.

And what could I say about the twin Seekers that you haven’t portrayed so wonderfully? I always thought those last minutes floating side by side, waiting for deactivation to come and carrying the burden of having been betrayed by their own brethren was the ultimate torture, and now you present that same situation with such a powerful twist.

I loved how Skywarp kept being a prankster despite he was all broken and on his way to be one with the Matrix, and he would have continued until the very last moment. Peculiar attitudes appear when facing death, I guess.
Meirelle chapter 14 . 2/5/2009
Awesome story. Looking forward to more. :)
dixiegurl13 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I am in total agreement with skywarped! This story is fantastic! A well-written piece focusing on Skywarp is hard to come by these days. I love how you've interwoven Skywarp's story with the events of the movie and post-movie. I especially like how you portray Skywarp with intelligence-not book-smarts but street-smarts. Great Job! You also use his teleportation ability like it always should have been used.

It is now 3:15 in the morning and I need to go to bed after that massive 14 chapter straight read-through! Please update and finish this story-It is too good not to.
skywarped chapter 14 . 1/27/2009
Holy crap... where did this giant awesome story come from? I just spent the last two hours reading it when I probably should have been working, but it was well worth it. I've put this story on my alerts. Can't wait to read more. Thanks!
Rob Lockster chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Fantastic chapter.

This story seems very interesting so far.

I guess I'll have to keep reading.

22 | « Prev Page 1 2