Reviews for Slipping Through the Cracks
cutelildevil818 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
this was a really touching story

so full of emotion for me.

i had a growing pit in my stomach as it progressed

but it was excellent writing

magnificent job :)
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Oh, John. *sighs* That man is so frustrating. I never know whether I want to hug him or deck him!

Really nice take on young Sam. The description of his worn-out boots was heart-breaking. And John's discovery of them at the end was a lovely way of illustrating his parental screw-up.

Beautiful tale. Loved it.

Cheers, Sculls
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Very nice. ANd I don't even watch the show. Poor Sammy, and I loved the ending, that you didn't absolve his Dad.
Lanna-Lamma chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I loved this story. It was quietly sad with no anvil moments. I noticed a lot of limp Sam contains 5 rapes, a 10 broken bones, and a missing finger in one story and not only is this unrealistic, but it desensitizes too. I swear themoment in the end with the cardboard in the shoe was more than enough. It undid me.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Can't believe I nearly missed this story and only caught it by flicking through as I got no alert :(

Awesome and totally believable; John and Dean immersed in various hunts and oblivious to what is going on with their youngest. Typical that every time Sam tried to talk to their dad he was either busy or the phone rang and Sam never got a chance to say anything, so he suffered in silence and never got the new boots and coat he so desperately needed. Even the weekend at Pastor Jim's was over too quick.

Could so imagine Sam scraping the snow from his neighbours paths, earning enough to go on the field trip, which he ended up not enjoying because of the cold and feeling ill. And then when he arrived home feeling awful the house was empty and there was a note instead of his brother and dad.

Could imagine Dean's panic arriving back from the hunt to find his brother really sick and then seizing. Nice though that both older Winchesters stayed at the hospital until Sam had recovered enough to go home. Perfect ending John going back to their ramshackle home, noticing for the first time the broken window in his youngests room and then finding his inadequate clothes and falling apart boots, and realising his neglect.

Awesome fic again hon, loved it.
Ms Hobgoblin chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
A powerful insight to Sam's younger years. A nice change to reading about him always having to make a stand and demand attention.

I think you captured the characters perfectly in this story, and I hoe you will write some more soon.

Hob x
bree1387 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
That was a very poignant way to end the story. Brought a tear to my eye. I loved it (as with everything you write).
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
The sad part is I don't think John truly learned his lesson.

Dean, however, rediscovered his primary mission in life - take care of Sam, even if it killed him. Oh, yeah. It did, didn't it? For a while, at least. But something like this would help explain why he was so desperate to save Sam, no matter what.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Aw that was a heart breaking end to a fab story! Poor Sam cold, with no winter clothes or boots and he never complained once, it breaks my heart!

I'm always a fan of hurt Sam and worried Dean and this fic was a perfect example of all that I enjoy! I loved Dean's reaction when he found Sam and also John at the end when he sees his sons boots, that was a great ending!

Take care, Madebyme.x
heartfallen chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Awesome story
fireball1012 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
loved it can't wait for more please update soon
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Oh this was so sad and so wonderful. I absolutely loved it. Poor Sammy, cold, no really winter clothes and he doesn't complain once. Just tries to make the best of it. He is just so sweet, I just wanted to hug him and buy him all the boots and clothes he needs to stay warm and dry. I felt bad for John in the end. He realized it was all his fault. Great story. Hugs, Vonnie
astalder27 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
i love it! you did an amazing job with this, there can never be enough neglected!Sam stories :)
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
God that was just so heartbreaking. But so good. As usual, you knocked it out of the park.
friendly chapter 1 . 1/27/2009