Reviews for A Hundred By A Hundred
lydiamartins chapter 10 . 3/29/2014
This is definitely one of my favorite drabbles in the collection, because it shows a lot about the character of Pansy - she's not a weak girl, not like the rest of the girls that Draco probably encountered in Slytherin, and she wasn't just about to fall in love so easily, she wasn't so desperate, and it's shown really well.
lydiamartins chapter 9 . 3/29/2014
to keep running, until his goal is accomplished. Parvati and Lavender's friendship is a wonderful thing that is probably skimmed over in a lot of the HP fics that I've read, and so is the sibling bond between Parvati and Padma, and I like how as Parvati and Padma grew apart, Lavender became closer to her as well, and the last line is written very well.
lydiamartins chapter 8 . 3/29/2014
I have no idea who Dirk is, but I'm guessing that he's Ted's father, or somebody close to him, related to him, probably? The whole concept of living for somebody else, even though he's so weak and the blood is all over him, is a bit cliche, I feel, but it makes sense throughout here, and I like how determined Dirk is, to never give up.
lydiamartins chapter 7 . 3/29/2014
I especially liked this one, because there was a nice balance between the amount of dialogue and the amount of descriptions, and I think that I prefer an equal amount of telling and showing rather than just simply descriptions or simply dialogue. I've never thought about how Fleur was going to deal with childbirth (I'm guessing that this is Victoire?), but you've done a great job with the concept.
lydiamartins chapter 6 . 3/29/2014
I definitely couldn't imagine most of the characters in Harry Potter killing anybody, and even though Charlie was killing a Death Eater, it still must have been terrifying, but then again, the logistics around it made sense; the Weasley family is really close to one another, and I like how you show that through all of these subtle implications.
lydiamartins chapter 5 . 3/29/2014
(From the previous chapter)
I think that Prewett is somehow related to the Weasley family, and I like all of the subtle mentions of a complicated relationship that I wish you could have explored, but it's okay because this is only 100 word drabbles, so.
(this chapter)
Aberforth wasn't really a major character, but I like how you were able to use the prompt of hugs throughout here; at first, it seemed so lighthearted and happy, as though a hug could fix anything, but he has nobody left to hug that he cares about at the end.
lydiamartins chapter 4 . 3/29/2014
I'm not quite sure who the character of Dorcas is; it seemed a little out of character to me, but I especially liked the last line, because it seems as though it could relate to a lot of relationships. I like how simple everything was at first, and Dorcas seems like the time of girl who could fall in love so quickly and so deeply, but knows that it's not meant to be.
lydiamartins chapter 3 . 3/29/2014
Lily seems like one of the characters who would have all sorts of dreams - ones that were fanciful, others that were more realistic; I like how it seems everything is safe and ordinary for them right now, but how there's the foreshadowing, but they're still living with the fact that life isn't safe and ordinary, just not yet, but they can dream of a better time.
lydiamartins chapter 2 . 3/29/2014
I think that these are all 100 word drabbles? If so, it's wonderful how you're able to take an entire character that was in 7 books and sum them up in certain moments; Petunia's struggle to know that she should love Harry, because he's her flesh and blood, but then the struggle, because he reminds her too much of her sisters, is spot-on.
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Wonderful job with this - I like how at first, Sirius is talking about how the Muggle street is devastated, and then how he relates that to himself, and how he's so mad at himself, more than anybody else is made at him, and now he knows the foreshadowing, he knows that he deserves all the pain that is yet to come, and how he places the blame upon himself is spot-on characterization of Sirius.
FamousNoOne chapter 47 . 9/16/2012
These were so good!
MBP chapter 47 . 7/17/2011
Oof... true enough that Moody messing up would lead to those injuries it was always so easy to overlook. But that's your talent - you catch the details other people don't. Loved this.
MBP chapter 46 . 7/17/2011
How did I never review this heartbreaking chapter? Yes, it broke my heart in 100 words. :( I want him to be able to memorize him forever, too...
cimba chapter 21 . 3/1/2011