Reviews for Runner’s Rest
Choppin Chopsticks chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Thanks so much for writing this! I recently was rewatching this series and Ayla's ending just left me really confused and quite devastated for someone who was rooting for Jessie and Alya. This fic was short but sweet. Plausible scenario. Both were in character, writing was clean and described the scene quite nicely. One critique would be that Jessie's confession felt a little rushed since we are jumping from the rivalry we saw during the series to absolute certainty that Jessie is in love with Ayla. Other than that, I really wish you'd write more!
unrestrictedparadise chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Yay! I like your ending better. _ good job!
rosy-sunflower chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
Jesse and Ayla's personalities were absolutely perfect! I'd have rather had this ending than the real one! Good job!
SilverTurtle chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
I like your resolution a lot better than the show's baffling one. I mean, I know Sergei was her trainer and she loved him and apparently he loved her (which makes him a total creeper, yuck), but that whole story/back-story came way out of left field. I remember the tension between Ayla and Jessie, it felt like romantic tension to me so your story makes things better.

I almost miss the rivalry of Mylanndah and Lahrri (which was more than a little crazy-obsessive on Mylanndah's part) from BA Victory, their's could have been something similar if Mylanndah hadn't gone all homicidal (attempted, anyway).

I'm still trying to figure out whether Akari would be better off with Kris or Ichino (either would work, I think).

Anyway, I liked the story. Jessie and Ayla are cute together. I think one of them would turn into a total mush-ball for the other. I can just see Jessie wooing Ayla (and baby) with flowers (and toys), candy, and being generally romantic.
NeonProdigy chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
I've really been meaning to watch Battle Athletes. Now I've got more motivation to do so. Very cute story, Shane.