Reviews for Chi to Ase to Namida
Superwitch chapter 14 . 6/26/2009
Ack…I nearly cried with that one…

Love your writing: good ideas, good characterisation, emotion, narrative etc. etc.

I just LOVE the wonderfully different interpretations of good FanFic stories: as if they all made one big whole.
Superwitch chapter 8 . 6/26/2009
Wow!That was FANTASTIC! The best original interpretation I've read.
head in the cloud chapter 16 . 5/6/2009
Such a powerful story. It was so developed , and the characters well presented.

The story is developing slowly so you get the reader attached to characters, the beginning was quite happy, our favourite gang had quite bright and joyful future and then they just died, one after another, and now Cloud is left alone... Poor baby.

I know how FF7 ends, so why the hell are my eyes wet now? Anyways, you did an amazing job here. It is really appreciated.

Thank you very much for great reading.
cranberrysoup chapter 16 . 1/16/2009
Wow. A brilliant mindfrick if I've ever read one.

One touch I especially liked (though I'm sure there are millions more, but this is the most present on my mind) was the distinction in Zack's head between "Cloud" and "C"- being that they'd done horrible things to Cloud, and Cloud had suffered, but everything chemical and medical that seemed to go Hojo's way was happening to "C". It's a realistic defensive mechanism that's simultaneously ever-so-tragic to watch.

At any rate, wonderful story!
Norm120 chapter 5 . 11/26/2008
Oh Yippy! RENO is in the HOUSE *clap* Gotta love that guy. I do love it when writters of FFVII include some of the Turks such as Reno, Tseng, Ruffus, Elana...but Reno's my fav. amoungst the Turks :)
Norm120 chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
Ow...me likey the story so far:) Good Writes ;)
Racaiaeru chapter 16 . 7/5/2008
Pretty good, especially for your first story. THere were a couple of minor things I noticed, though- I'm just going to point them out really quickly.

The first thing is that I think you should have ended this on a happier note. Like, right before the Nibelheim mission. But whatever- that's only my opinion. I just think that it might have made the story end on a happier note.

Another thing is the issue with Hojo and Cloud. You had this whole thing in the beginning between them, but nothing really ever came of it. We {the readers} never got to find out what role Cloud's father played in the forming of SOLDIER, and we never got to know why Hojo hated him.

Sorry for the criticism, I just wanted to kindly inform. Anyway, great story, keep on writing!
JapAngela chapter 16 . 5/12/2008
I've spent the past few days reading through this, and I have to say... I've fallen in love. :) I'll be checking up on these other fics you've written in this series (Scenic Route and All You Can Know, I believe, so... yeah... Can't guarantee another review from me though, since I'm absentminded about these things and copy/paste fanfics to read in my off time XD) since you've definitely caught my interest.

This isn't the average "Cloud falls in love with Sephiroth and they go have a gay marriage some where 8D" story that I've come across in my fic hunts... it's something much deeper, more detailed, and has a lot of game references (and sweet things like Mako science and the like, creative~!) that make everything seem believable. But it's also what I hate about fanfics like this (I've read a couple, like that long ass "A long, hard road" I read before, a wonderfully wonderful awesome story) ... it has me confusing with what happened in the game and what happened in the fanfiction I've read. Or maybe my mind's just messed up and likes to confuse things on purpose, just to fack with me. :)

The thing I liked best was the detail on the Sephiroth vs Cloud scene in that Mako reactor... just watching that part in the anime gives me chills that make me cover my eyes and get all squeamish-like, and reading your version did the same to me. Ah I have no idea why, but I like that freaked-out feeling I get after watching animated/real life gore and things. I'm a weird one, yes.

I have to admit, though, reading through the parts when Cloud and Zack were... being tested on... started an itch in me to watch Last Order and play through FFVII again. Thank you for reviving my love for this series!

But anyways, this was an awesome fic and I don't have anymore words to express that I loved it! Good luck with your future writing (even though I know you won't need luck, your writing is beautiful from what I've read so far), and have a great time writing!
Sear chapter 16 . 1/7/2008
I feel kinnda bad for not reviewing earlier since this is the third or fourth time I read this story. (stalker? me? ...noo, surely not) I'm actually very surprised you don't have more reviews than you do as this is easily one of the best S/C(/Z) stories around.

Needless to say I really like this (and AYCK). I love the plot, and your take on the characters - especially Cloud, since you don't portray him as lacking a spine and a will of his own, the way he's written all too often. I adore the way you deviate from the "canon is holy"-take on the plot, too - it's all inte the little details, like Cloud's father being a scientist in the SOLDIER project and Cloud's early maturity. The scene when Cloud's charging that Comet Materia is just awesome - as are many other scenes..

Mostly I adore this because it is *fun* to read, right up till the heartbreak at the end - then it's just heartbreak-y... You actually made me cry the first time I read it.
spopococ chapter 16 . 11/23/2007
XD

SQUE!

I absolutely loved this story. You were ingenious at threading everything in with the story, and having Cloud out on mission in Wutai was a very good idea.

I also loved how the relationships between all the characters were woven so well.

You certainly have a talent for writing, and such an eye for taste. also great to see people who know as much about the game as they do about the movie. A lot of people tend to forget the game story line in a lot of their stories, myself included. lol.

but this was brilliant! :D

very well done.

XD

xoxo
Snake of Medusa chapter 14 . 10/15/2007
NO! *sob!* Damn f*ckin' Jenova, may you and your hell-spawn lover Hojo FREEZE in hell! Gr!

Wonderfully written! Can't wait to read more! _
Snake of Medusa chapter 13 . 10/15/2007
Yay! Sephy didn't go crazy! _ Will Cloud and Co meet Vincent in the Shinra Mansion? I hope so! *gle!*
0005 chapter 16 . 8/2/2007
Awesome story! I look foreward to the sequel _
usetherighthand chapter 16 . 7/17/2007
Oh man, I had forgotten how sadly this ended. D:

Zack. ;

Again, this is a terrific fic.

I just love all the little gems of humor in it.

(Domestic Sephy, Cloud and Galen's carnivorous rats, Cloud calling Hojo 'old bug-stick' and Zack's witty reply about Bug-be-Gone.. Galen's take on Cloud's 'stunning verbal skills' still makes me laugh years after first reading it.. XD)

I just loved how the story flowed, how easily you can take the readers from one emotion to another- worry when Cloud heads over to Wutai, relief when he comes back (relatively) unscathed, pride when Cloud announces he's graduating, relief and joy when Cloud's mother okays his engagement to Sephiroth, then a feeling of impending doom when they head up to the reactor, finishing with heartbreak when Zack dies.

(Man, I did not like how I wrote that, but what the heck.)

I think I burned out my inspiration for a good review (homg, I'm so bad at writing I need inspiration to write a review?) so I'll just stop here before I manage to make a complete and utter fool of myself.

... actually, I think I already did.

~~Julia
Fallen-Yuki chapter 16 . 5/10/2007
I loved it ] But alas, you have not gotten rid of me yet ;p I'm gonna go read the other parts D
417 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »