Reviews for Of Dreams That Are
discb chapter 12 . 12/27/2012
Well done you amazing motherfucker, best 6 hours I've spent on this site.
Nemrut chapter 12 . 10/29/2011
As always with your writing it was excellent. The characters were true to their originals and the way you have made the world grittier and more "real" worked magnificently. Loved the dialog, especially of Vandal. The story was great as well, although, I do feel that the shift from end of all creation by the hand of freaking C'thulu to Terry Pratchett-esque inter-dimensional tourist race was a bit off, but then again, silly things like that are part of the Teen Titans, so I am not begrudging you for that.

Whew, took me quite some time until I got around reading this story, even though I wanted to read it months ago.

Loved the way you blended the C'thuly mythology with the Teen Titans world.

Although, maybe one point of critique would be that the rest of the Titans had more guest roles than being actual protagonists. Somehow, despite their involvement in the second half of the story, it felt as if they weren't present all that much.

However, I immensely enjoyed this story and thank you for writing it.

Happy Halloween Tomas. Hope you write something with the Teen Titans again. By the way, have you checked out the new DC animated series called "Young Justice"? I like it way less than I do "Teen Titans" simply for the fact its cast is less interesting and more annoying but it is written by the same guy who made Gargoyles, Spectacular Spiderman and W.I.T.C.H. season 2 (about which, by the way, I would sacrifice many, many humans to our overlord C'thulu for you to write a story about that, W.I.T.C.H. I mean) so, it must be good. And I am told vandal Savage is one of the lead villains.

Take care
elizemail chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
I had to laugh at myself and my terrible lack of DC knowledge as I read through the entire Vandal Savage Wikipedia page. It was very informative and I am glad to have read it before continuing this story :P It was interesting to see what he looked like after reading the first chapter since I had pictured him younger based on the glimpses of what I interpreted to be an eager carefree nature. Looking at the images of him, I would have suspected him to be a bit more 'stuffy'. Of course what would I know about him?

As per usual, your imagery is highly appreciated for its sophisticated and appropriate delivery. I can really enjoy a story in which I don't feel as if I'm drowning in the details of the landscape for a whole page for the sake of setting a mood that could be accomplished in a paragraph in lieu of progressing the actual plot. These images were well developed without being too wordy simply to be wordy.

As a side note, after reading his mini biography, I wonder if Savage would be interested in producing an heir/immortal cannibal snack with Raven in the near fanfiction future ;P
guardyanangel chapter 12 . 3/29/2010
I loved this story when I first read it, way back when when I didn't have a FF account, and now, reading it again, especially after reading Sandman, I love it even more. This story restored my faith in multi-chapter fics. Great job!
Silver-Creasent-MOON1995 chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
yay story time!
fanpiremari chapter 12 . 6/21/2009
Wow! This was beyond amazing! By far the best ff I've read. There was so much happening in here that it's insanity to think one person could write all of this. I absolutely loved it! There are not enough words (okay, so there probably is, but I'm in the dramatic, exaggerating zone right now) to describe how well-written, thought out, complex, and completely brilliant this was. The descriptions, the words, the story line in general...I cannot praise you enough on your skills. After reading even the smallest part, I feel like I am a beyond horrible writer with an awful vocabulary. Although, you have greatly inspired me to brush up (A LOT!) on my vocab. Heh...

I loved Kultuq and Raven! After reading some of the other reviews, I've gotten the impression that Kultuq is from something else? His reactions to certain things (mainly pertaining to Raven) actually made me physically do things, such as literally chuckling or laughing out loud, crying (well, more like on the brink of tears), and feel for him.

C'thulu (sp? I'm reviewing on my iPod so I'm afraid to go back and check, I don't want to lose what I have. You'd think I'd remember it after how many times it was said) is the creepiest thing ever! I was terrified for everyone as I was reading.

I think it's great how you had threat after threat to the Titans or humans/aliens as a whole. There was never a dull moment! I don't know how you thought of a lot of the things, but I sure am glad you did, because it resulted in a fantastic story.

You are a great writer with amazing skills and I wouldn't be surprised if you became a best-selling author. Although, I really wouldn't know it was you because I only know you as your pen name.

I completely love your story, am jealous of your writing abilities, and LOVE your story...hm, did I mention this already?

Okay then...great job! :)
Red Cat Lotty chapter 12 . 6/13/2009
I red the whole story in two days - couldn't stop myself. Without doubt this is the best story I have read about Teen Titans, probably one of the greatest I've read on whole .

The language you used was absolutely astounding, creating a reality I fell in love with on the spot. Even though it was slightly AU, with some things customized to fit the story - I didn't mind it at all (and I'm a very touchy person about little details, mind you). Also, as someone who was not born with English as my first language, I appreciate even more the meticulous way all was put together. And I bid you many thanks for restoring my believe that there are people in this world who actually consider what they write and how they write it, not ignoring grammar rules.

I noticed that there were many hints here about things related to the original series (that were accurate for a change), cultural details and many tiny things I probably missed in my hasty reading. I absolutely loved the combination of Teen Titans, Savage and C'thulhu, which I would never consider to put together but you managed this spectacularly.

The story itself, the way it unfolded - also marvelous. Maybe - just maybe - the last two chapters were giving off a slight impression of... I don't, some kind of feeling of constrain but it's probably just me. But the flow of events was breathtaking and marvelous.

What didn't I like? There was something, I know, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. and I wish that there was some kind of after-story, some glimpse of what will happen next... Maybe you would like to take that upon yourself to write a sequel? That would be lovely. I know, I know - sequels always ruin something. But I simply can't stop my self from pleading for it.

I wish you many more fabulous stories like this one! All the best!
Z.Brite chapter 12 . 4/14/2009
wow, this story was really really, well really awsome! i had to read it at least 2 times! it original, well written, it catches your attention and it was just plain incredible!
CraneLee chapter 12 . 4/8/2009
An amazing story, that I had to read beginning to end, even though it took me several days

YOU are an awesome writer

I don't know where you got this idea, but it is great and indepth, well thought out, the transition from one thing to another is amazing, it had several different things going on and still had a beginning, middle, and end for everything thought

I realize I'm rambling now, but you have no idea how long I've waited to find a Fanfiction this good

I hope for a sequel or such in the future

Keep on writing, you rule

And p.s. I love this couple, it's creative, and I would have never thought of them, but that's why it's so cool
angel of darkness blue chapter 12 . 3/23/2009
I have to say that was a great story i can't wait for the next story whoop whoop.
Sigma1 chapter 12 . 3/18/2009
What do I like about this story?

Certainly the crossover. Let me tell you, never saw that coming! Yet it worked. You kept true to Kultaq's character, incorporating both his bad and his good into a character I could care about.

The flow of the story itself was outstanding. The gradual rise in tension to a peak of near insanity; the fluid mix of the characters, moving from one PoV to another. The incorporation of gray characters and dark characters, the confusion of good and bad...all well done.

And the plot! Unique is putting it lightly. Your backstory for Raven was very different yet believable. And the use of mythology, of imagination, of canon...it all mixed together so well.

And you didn't take the easy way out of pretty much anything. The characters had to fight for every last inch of their triumph.

So, thank you, for all the biting-my-nails, edge of my seat entertainment I gained from this story. Thank you for a high point in the day when your story alert popped up in my inbox. It was quite a ride, and worth every minute.

P.S. I really have to stop favoriting stories when I mean to leave a review...I'm still stuck in the old-school habit of clicking there!
raspberrykleenex chapter 11 . 3/18/2009
I recieved an email about a 13th chapter, but you deleted it before I was able to read it! You cruel person! That is all.
Sigma1 chapter 13 . 3/18/2009
...the fuck?

Seriously, of all the idiotic epilogues to add onto an excellent story, that was the single most idiotic.

I liked your story. It was unique. It was well-crafted. But this piece of drivel pretending to be a parody? Not even a glint of amusement. Next time, just stick to the classic author's note.
raspberrykleenex chapter 12 . 3/17/2009
I'm so glad that you ended this story with closure, or it would have eaten me alive. I must tell you though, I have printed out each chapter and made it into a little book with the help of my neigborhood kinkos. I couldn't stand the thought of forgetting that this story existed, and I knew that a bunch of papers would have found their way to the garbage sooner or later by mistake. But no, now it is sitting up in my bookshelf, so that when the feeling strikes me, I will have it onhand. Uhm, if you dont like that...come take it from me? ha. Or just tell me and I'll most likely comply.
spikemyangel chapter 12 . 3/14/2009
The end? Yeah, I got the feeling once they found Raven that it would be the end. The only way to keep things going would be to bring about more horrible creatures to wreak havoc...but it's still sad to see The End written.

Brilliant chapter (as always)! I was listening to Led Zeppelin's "since I’ve been loving you" as I read about Vandal and his jumping off cliffs angst, the music fit.

I loved The Dreaming, you have the most amazing ideas, I can't imagine where they come from. The Lord Dream was pretty awesome; I loved how he viewed C’thulhu back when his dream 1st appeared. It was totally different from the undefeatable monster I’m used to thinking of it as.

The Titans getting Raven back was beautiful. I am so happy Robin was with her when she woke up. I don't know if it's the birds of a feather thing, but I’ve always loved those two.

Yay Kultuq! All you need is love _. I am happy beyond words that he saved her and got his happily ever after with the girl he loves.

And now I have to go back to reading fics that all think inside of the box for the most part. I doubt I’ll ever find another Vandal Savage/Raven fic – best crack pairing ever...goes well with the most remarkable fic I’ve read in a long while.