Reviews for The Storyteller
lalalyds2 chapter 1 . 7/11
This was such a beautiful story! When I happened to stumble across it in a bored daze, I wasn't expecting such a lovely, if slightly heart wrenching experience!
You let Jenny be the way she was, no embellishment, but just enough magic to enchant. Twinkling and deep, her reflections on the men in her life faded from fantasy to honesty in the most dignified way.
Jenny's always wanted to be the girl who made things happen, not the girl who had things happen to her. Even though life gave her the latter, she was still the hero, and the one I wanted to pay attention to.
Thank you so much for this, it was greatly appreciated!
Many, many kudos.
Ginger-Snapp chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
So...can we talk about how fucking brilliant this piece was? I mean...oh man. Oh man. This is the kind of treasure I'm always looking for, tucked in the bowels of fanfiction in fandoms often never thought of. You are my soul mate.
Madame-Monocles chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
this is great. I love the character Jenny all though it is indeed a very sad one
Cascaper chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Whoa. O.O Wow. This is the most amazing thing I've ever read as far as Burton-film fics go. The continuing refrain: "When Jenny Hill was (age),..." The detail of setting and emotions; the perfect dialect. The way you capture the Southern small-town society, particularly the attitudes of the housewives and the children. It's a quiet, powerful story with real feeling and not a bit of cheap sentiment. Bravo. You have just won an entry on my favorites list.
wingedstranger chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
that was really, reall, REALLY good...!

i loved that movie.