Reviews for When Reality Hits
TombVine chapter 45 . 6/1/2014
PLEASE CONTINUE THIS AMAZING STORY ;-; FEELS
Westiegal chapter 45 . 8/11/2013
FANTASTIC story, loved it.
I need more chapter 45 . 6/12/2013
Where's the rest?
Artemis024 chapter 45 . 11/30/2012
This story is amazing! I hope you come back to it and update again!
Mythical E chapter 45 . 1/31/2012
I whole-heartedly agreed with dupreewith2es's review on this story. However, I relate much better to Sam, who's one of Dean's main supports throughout this story. I have an uncle who's been sober for a decade now, bless him for it, and he's a veteran from the Vietnam Era so I can only imagine the things he's done and seen. That scene you wrote about Dr. Morgan's time during the war gave me a chilling feeling and I couldn't help but think of my uncle. To live on from something like that for the Doc. (shudders) ...I'm proud of uncle for it too. This story hit close to my heart for me and I thank you for writing this story. It's one of the very few I've read that goes into the emotional and mental stability of the main characters at this point in the series, without turning it into some kind of twisted romantic thing at some point. (Not to offend anyone who likes those types of stories, as I say, to each their own) I'll be looking out for this story. Hopefully you'll give it an ending someday but life comes first. 'til next time.

- M.E.
HPSmallCharm29 chapter 45 . 11/18/2011
i love this story! i hope you get the time to update in the future!
melitta4ever chapter 31 . 9/15/2011
*softly cries*
melitta4ever chapter 10 . 9/14/2011
wow... you analyzed Dean like... wow...

i am amazed how well organized and realistic (in a world that demons and angels and returning back from hell is real)this is.
Mistress Sorcha chapter 45 . 6/14/2011
*squee*

You posted! YAYSERS!

Love this story so much and love that you are able to work on it again! I can't wait for more sweetie! Awesome chappie!

Witchy
dupreewith2es chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Even though I'm posting this review on the first chapter I have read almost the entirety of the story (so far).

I've been reading fan fiction for over a decade, some not worth the time and some so mind-blowingly amazing that they could be published. Hell, I've been around so long I remember when Cassandra Clare was still a fanfic author and didn't have her own series of novels at bookstores. I'm saying this because I want you and other readers to truly understand what it means when I say that this is the first story I have ever reviewed.

I'm an alcoholic and currently in recovery. Saying that these past 2 years have been dark is an understatement and my current 3 months sober have been a struggle. Outside of rehab and the rooms it's extremely difficult to find anything that offers comfort and, at times, even leaving my house can feel like a trigger. Of course there are websites, blogs, articles, speakers, etc. but they can only help so much if you do not have an emotional investment in the person; this is where I find the genius in this story. I know Dean. I've known him for almost 6 years. I know that his favorite food is pie. I've watched him dragged to hell and rescued. Even though I've only watched sporadically since season 4 I can still turn on my tv on Friday night and instantly care about the welfare of him, Sam, Bobby, and Castiel. And if I care so much about these characters who don't even exist (hell I even care about the actors) then I damn sure can care about myself. As if you hadn't been awesome enough, you've also portrayed Dean in such a way that mirrors my own actions, thoughts, and feelings (those horrible feelings that alcohol could take away). While reading I sometimes feel like I'm reading a story of my life, both failings and triumphs, the same way I've "heard" my story before in recovery programs. I can read one of Dean's sessions with and be able to reflect upon my own journey without that dreaded "stinking thinking" that addicts suffer from. And I've found true comfort in that.

You've provided the insight that only someone in recovery or the mental health profession would be able to have. I would implore anyone who reads fanfic and is either in recovery or knows someone who has experienced problems with addiction to read this.

For this story, for your time and effort, I can only express my sincere gratitude. I keep coming back and I hope Dean does too.
GreenMartini chapter 44 . 5/22/2011
*gasp* You updated! Yay! :) Haha sorry, I'm so excited right now it's a little scary. I have to say this was a really good chapter (to be honest I can't remember where we are in the story line, so I'm going to go back to chapter one and reread the whole thing, but still). I can really see this happening, John getting drunk randomly and just ranting his poor little hurt heart out. Great update!

Hope to get another chapter soon!

~Green
cesh10 chapter 10 . 11/9/2010
a shrink for hunters, brilliant idea
cesh10 chapter 6 . 11/9/2010
very nice again. some PTSD perhaps? I'd like to see more of that, and having one of them develop schizophrenia would certainly be interesting, It could make you doubt if the show is "real" or a delusion
cesh10 chapter 4 . 11/9/2010
holy shit. I know it's rude but i don't know what else to say. That's amazing!I love what you did with the hallucinations. The best part though is you're NOT glamorizing alcohol. It's my SPN pet peeve. I look forward to reading the rest. Thanks, and may you be prolific!
The Grinning Psychopath chapter 11 . 10/1/2010
oh, how i wonder, how Chuck would write all this up, heh, heh, oh so, so good. great story, please continue.