Reviews for Two Points for Honesty
graceofgod chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Hey, angst is good! Angst is very, very good...

As always, you take the reader on a trip right into the darkest places in our boys' hearts and souls, with a looming sense of sorrowful resignation. Dean's weariness in this is palpable, the feeling described only as 'dammit, Sam, no' is so tired and sad - and resigned, again it fits perfectly with him in this season.

And then along comes Cas, and immediately there's the feeling that Dean almost wants him to wave a magic wand (or feather, maybe?) and make it all better, to take this weight off his shoulders. Of course, he can't, no-one can, so the touch that's meant to offer comfort and absolution, only makes him more weary, more alone and more hurt.

Fav lines -

"He looked like a seventy-year-old man trapped in a thirty-year-old 's seen every one of those seventy years - it's something I'm surprised the show hasn't picked up on, but it's turning up in a few fics out there!

"Conflicted and sad on a park bench, just like him." They are alike, aren't they? Somehow, Cas can at times feel more like Dean than any other character in the show. Both desperatee and determined to save people, both with their innate compassion buried so very deep. And both stunningly handsome...

"All Dean could do was wait to see if his brother was the goddamned antichrist." Such a typical Dean response - hide the angst and hurt and fear with that dark, twisted humour.

"He must have dozed off, weary to the threadbare soul," he spends a lot of time this series sleeping, and this is such a lovely way to describe the cause of it! He's battered and bruised, heart and soul, and the exhaustion comes across in this beautifully.

Lovely one-shot, hun, thanks!

Cal
jenilee chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Very nicely written. I always know I’m going to get that from you, that and a nice insight to what our boys are possibly thinking. This was rather heartbreaking seeing how far apart our boys have moved from one another. They really are walking the slippery slope and sometimes it’s hard to see the right from the wrong but I have hope that once the storm passes it will all be good. Wow, enough clichéd platitudes in that sentence for you? LOL
Rat chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
that would have been an awesome way to play things out.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
OHH HOLY GOD!

this was AMZING hun

omg...this was absoloutley incredable!

ooh gogodd...wow!

*thud*

wow!

omg it was written amazingly well!

i really do wonder what it was exactly Sam was up to- Ruby said he had to tone up...but he said he was okay with the phschic thing, hmm..

LOL

i loved this soo much in fact i wouldnt mind a little more

LOL! cheeky i know

but homestly love amazing fic!

xx
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Dude! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought Cas should have shown up at the end of this episode! Given, in my mind it happened in the bar, but still- excellent episode tag, I love the bluntness of Dean&Sam's confrontation. Great job!
annie200 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
This was very well-written and spot-on for everyone's worst nightmare after last week's episode! I really felt for Dean in this.

"All Dean could do was wait to see if his brother was the goddamned antichrist." Sounded just like Dean's own thoughts!
Psychee chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
I orginally read this on another site and really enjoyed it. It made me think about why the angels waited 4 months/40 years before pulling Dean out of Hell. One, so he had first hand experience as to what could happen to everyone if all the Seals were broken (talk about motivation) and two, so he knew he was capable of doing the unthinkable if necessary (though he may not survive it).

Talk about Sam wanting to rescue Dean from Hell, all he would have to do is stop.

I would love to see more of this story.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
I love this idea. Surely Dean isn't that dense, and is having second thoughts, too. Great explanation for it all. I almost wish it would happen this way.
badaiwind chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Kinda have the same feeling as you wrote it.

Dean must have sense something when Sam said to cut the head of snake.
Sue Pokorny chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
I'm with you. I'm gonna believe (until proven otherwise) that Dean is smart enough to know exactly what Sam is up to. He does want to believe in his brother, but has already been lied to. You could tell from the way he questioned Sam earlier when they were discussing 'the life' that his trust is, at best, tentative. He wants to protect him, but knows deep down he can't. I think you portrayed this conflict inside of Dan perfectly. Thanks!

Sue
Ciya chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
This works. Dean is unhappy with his brother's actions but he can also see Sam's side of things. Maybe SN will have a scene like this someday.
Visionairy chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Wow! That was amazingly good, and powerful. You really made me feel Dean's pain of waiting and not knowing what to do. Your ending line was perfect and the whole story was fantastic!
Zubeneschamali chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Nicely done. The end of this episode broke my heart, and you've gone and cracked it open a little wider. Which means you did a good job! Love the line about "there was always something worse in the wake of something pretty damn bad" and that this could mean Sam as much as anything else. Guess we'll find out soon enough...
bhoney chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
This was really sad. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's far from where they're heading on the show, and it was an appropriate tag for this episode. I mean, how could Dean NOT know Sam was heading off somewhere with Ruby? Sometimes (lately), I want to kick Sam.

Lots of sad but great lines: "It was an overriding feeling that very little of what Sam did or said anymore could be taken at face value." Unfortunately true.

This was a terrific description: "somewhere along the way Sam had sharpened his teeth on lies". Nice imagery.

And this was heartbreaking: “You look like you just lost your best friend.” “Yeah, I suppose you could say that,” Dean said, his throat tight. “It might be exactly what happened.” Poor Dean.

This was scary, and worrisome: "the irrational idea the something worse that would follow Lilith could be Sam almost as easily as Lucifer". Oh, I SO do not want them to go there.

Great imagery, but so heartbreaking: "He looked like a seventy-year-old man trapped in a thirty-year-old body. His eyes were pain and heartache."

Great description of Dean's soul as "threadbare".

I'm a little depressed now. But very well-written, as always!