Reviews for Anxiety
MikariStar chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Very IC I can picture this happening
Katie chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Good short story! I really enjoyed it!
Etherweil chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
LOL "Ill beat you over the head with a halo telling you 'I told you so over and over..." ah this was a great oneshot! Very enjoyable read. You really captured both Jake and Chance's personalities very well, and I just love that. I love all of your work and I was excited to see that you posted this. Awesome job on this.

~Ether
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Oh man, FINALLY! You don't know how many takes of romance and other messes I have to wade through to find something like this. I love it!

First, let me tell you I really, really like the summary. "A restless Jake lets stress take over as he tries to correct the mistakes he's afraid to make." The little echo between 'restless' and 'stress' and the rhythm continuing with 'correct' - and then the little double-take with the timeline 'tries to correct the mistakes he's afraid to make' - ah. A mini work of art all in itself, poignant as anything.

I like the little bit of dialogue leading in, especially the altitude interspersed with the yelling, and finally the allcaps "PULL UP!" Great tension-filled lead-in. Not too crazy about "their owner" but in fairness, can't see how else you would have phrased it, so... Oh, and, 's-u-b-c-o-n-s-c-i-o-u-s'.

I like the paragraph divisions. I like the way yous tart the second para. with "Again" - dialogue always makes things more immediate - and then the next one 'Pacing'. In one word, you tell us the nightmares are recurring, and then propel us into action with the next.

Of course, the minute you made Chance wake up, I melted. Am such a sucker for their friendship - and so rare to see it well depicted, and Chance not made out to be an idiot, either!

Very cool division here. I love it. "What in the world...," he muttered, half annoyed as he made his way downstairs/"...are you up to at this time of night?"

Jake was clearly sleepwalking, Chance mused. Or something. It'd almost looked like the smaller kat was in a hypnotic state of sorts.

I love seeing Jake's state through Chance's PoV, his slow realization that something isn't quite right.

"Jake." He clapped [a] hand on his shoulder loudly, half startling Jake back into reality. "Wakey-wakey, Sure Shot."

Protective!Chance. *melts*

"Huh?" Jake rubbed at his eyes, now realizing who was talking to him. "Hey, buddy."

"Kinda late to be gettin' your gears started up. Don't you leave that for when there's actual sunlight?"

I like the dialogue. Chance's 'voice' rings very true. The gears, the 'actual sunlight' (which Chance brings back into the dark corner Jake's painted himself into) really express the brash, larger-than-life personality. And of course, the solicitude carefully wrapped up in a light tone. M-m-m.

Jake managed a chuckle. [Love the 'managed a chuckle'.] "Just needed to fix a few things."

"Like what, dare I ask?" [Would Chance say 'dare I ask'? Hmm...]

The smaller kat was quiet for what seemed an eternity, then finally said, "Everything."

Oh, beautiful. Just lovely. The 'smaller', the quietness, the eternity and then... 'finally'... the admission. Love it.

The transition to the kitchen scene is great (and I LOVE the scene-setting, emotion-expressing 'a can of milk against his forehead'!) and I like their dialogue. The little hesitations, the unfinished sentences, especially jake's "but then..." "the thing is.. if we go down...if I'm responsible..." It really conveys his state of mind. And Chance's firmness in the face of that just warms my heart. He's Jake's rock in this, and I love the scene to pieces.

And of course, my favourite line of all time: "The day we go down because of something YOU did, I promise I'll beat you over the head with a halo while saying, 'I told you so' over and over as we both float up towards the Pearly Gates. But until THAT day comes, the only thing I'll be sure of is that I can count on you, mistakes and all."

All of Chance's earthiness, all his humor (and what an image! "...beat you over the head with a halo while saying, 'I told you so' over and over as we both float up towards the Pearly Gates" WAH HA HA!) and the implicit promise that they'll be together even *then* - the way he makes light of it, yet shows his trust - oh gosh, I can't begin to tell you how many levels that line works on.

And the klaxon - just the right touch of humour. Oh, please write more friendshippy stuff. You've made my day.
Crying Blue Rose 366 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
aw that's sweet~

I love that episode! It sucks that they stopped showing new episode 'fluff-like fic made my day -
Cody Furlong chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Very nice story Sage, I can see Jake being just like that at times.
ulyferal chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Sweet story! I loved it! I've got the same thing going as you. Whenever a little thing pops in my head, I just have to put it down no matter how lame or silly it might sound to me when I finish. But you know, sometimes we come up with little gems like this. So keep on writing what pops in your head and so will I. Keep up the great work!