Reviews for Reversal of Fortunes
Nysk chapter 3 . 6/20/2009
Awesome turn of events.

Well played out by the two schemers and I have high hopes of seeing how it plays out.

I think the two should consider the idea that, after seeing how attention starved Nodoka is, to meet her as themselves and try to worm their way into their mother-n-laws heart without letting Ranma and company know.

I truly look forward to more of this.
Vilkath chapter 3 . 6/20/2009
Still not that great of an impression of Ranma yet in this fic, seems take all worst qualities and exagerate them. I can only hope he's not the easy to knock out, stupid idiot in future chapters.

As for chapter length, it's not bad and it is genearly a rather personal thing for authors. Major issue I usualy feel is shorter chapters, specialy ones 2k words or less often run into the problem of 'rushing things', pushing events past vague and fast as possible to get things done in such short chapters.

Longer chapters have their issues to as authors take forever to update and some times give up.
rewind gone nuts chapter 3 . 6/20/2009
Well, this is pretty well written, and if this format means this will update more often, I'm all for it.

I was a little surprised that Shampoo didn't offer Ukyo some Instant Nanniichuan (it's generally accepted that she still has some left over from that farce of a date attempt) to heighten the disguise... or were you planning on a scene in the next chapter where Ukyo, struggling to keep up the masquerade after having been allowed to be frank about her gender for so long, silently wishes that she had accepted the offer instead of allowing her gut reaction of being freaked out by the prospect to take over? I'm pretty sure someone of your skill could make a pretty funny sequence out of it.

Anyway, a nice chapter, intriguing development and good characterization. I wonder if either (or both) of the girls might come up with the idea of piqueing Ranma's interest in what, precisely, the Tendo/Saotome arrangement consists of- he canonly has never been told anything more than "We decided we'd hitch our kids before you were born, so you are going to marry Akane- deal with it. And ignore those other girls after you too; Akane is the only one with any right to claim you as hers."
an evil fox chapter 3 . 6/20/2009
I'm enjoying this story very much so far. The only critique I have is an editorial one: you continuously used the word "chief" in the place of "chef". Other than that I didn't notice any glaring errors, but I wasn't looking too hard.

Great work, I'm looking forward to reading more.
NightmareSyndrom chapter 3 . 6/20/2009
You call this short? I'm lucky if I can get a chapter half this length
loaned chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
Cool, keep up the good work.
boilingseas chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
It's good to see you writing again. Your work is always of a very high quality.

Your characters are very true to canon, especially as Shampoo saw the jewel as an obstacle to her happiness. To her, the rules are very simple, she's following them, but not many others do. Ranma is a similar person, with his own code to adhere to. That's why I think Ukyo and Akane are both poor choices for Ranma, they are very much modern girls, with many interests and subtle rules. For Ranma and Shampoo, the rules are simple and quite clear. They are the only ones who can truly understand each other.
Tellemicus Sundance chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! That is SO like Akane to jump headfirst into something while not understanding the necessary basics of the situation and then making a fatal mistake that causes the opposite of what she wanted to happen.

And though I can fully understand why the fathers would want to use the jewel, Akane slightly caught me by surprise. I understand that she does like Ranma on some deranged level, but at the same time I can't believe that she'd actually try to use a form of mind-control on Ranma just to spite Ukyo and Shampoo...wait, maybe I can now better understand. Akane's just a vindictive bitch, that's all. I kid you not that when I read that part I actually screamed out: YOU BITCH!

However, somehow, I just knew that you were going to do the whole 'putting it on wrong' thing. Thank you for that, for Ranma's reaction to Ukyo and Shampoo's fighting was definitely a worthwhile read! And yes, I can easily imagine that Shampoo would be ecstatic to finally be hugged by Ranma, instead of doing the act herself.

Oh man, I really enjoyed this chapter. You held true to the respective characters' canon personalities, their strengths and weaknesses, and their schemes. I'd say that you captured Ukyo and Shampoo at their finest and worst in one chapter, a truly difficult deed to do for most fanfic authors on this site.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for posting the revision of an old favorite of mine. I am GREATLY looking forward to the next chapter, so please don't make us wait for too long for the update, okay? Until next time...
Vilkath chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
Interesting start for Shampoo and Ukyo, not so great for Ranma though. I mean seroiusly over inflated fanon to think Ranma would sleep through all that. Sure he's a heavy sleeper, but he's also trained to react to attacks while asleep and used to midnight abductions and attacks on Akane. I don't think he would sleep through an all out brawl, specialy one including 'not so subtle Akane'.

It's also bit disapionting how many times Ranma got knocked out in this particular chapter, he's not that bad of a fighter.. he takes akane hits all the time. I can understand the need to drive the plot but really made Ranma look rather pathetic in the exchanges to be beaten, slapped and carried around like some helpless civilian.

It's also a bit telling that no where in this chapter did Ranma's feelings taken into acount, but I suppose thats rather normal for Ranma 1/2. Still for setting up a 'real' relationship it's not so great Ukyuo and Shampoo fighting over Ranma like a piece of meat with no say.. specialy after Ukyo's thoughts about how Amazon males treated earlier.
7Sins chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
And you should be proud, this was a very nice chapter/idea, especially since non-senshi and non-tendo pairing fictions are so rare.
Wrin chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
Great so far! Keep it up!
rewind gone nuts chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
I could have sworn I reviewed this revised version when you brought it back up, so long ago. I also could have sworn that I pointed out to you that "dadao" is a Chinese greatsword and that Shampoo's blade from the very first episodes/volumes is a "dao" (broadsword). Nevertheless, a very interesting and quite wellwritten piece, the development of which I look forward to. There are far, far too many stories that bash either or both Ukyo and Shampoo, and way too many Ranma/Akanes for my liking. Whether this turns out to be Ranma/Ukyo, Ranma/Shampoo, or even a menage et trois, I look forward to seeing how you develop it.
R.T.Stephens chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
Loving it!

Seriously, you don't know how refreshing it is to read a story that captures the spirit of the Ranma series but still develops the characters in believable ways. The interactions between Ukyo and Shampoo were tense but very fun. It's very amusing how they keep getting deeper and deeper into trouble but, in that typical Takahashi way, they keep pushing on, unwilling to give up. I'm looking forward to how these two deal with each other now that they have this agreement between them.

Very nice flow to the fights and excellent that you have a good grasp on everyone's strengths and weaknesses. I know how tempting it is to write your characters kicking all types of butt however, having them struggle earns a more realistic feel to the story and makes the reader guess how the end will turn out.

Hope you stay interested! I certainly will!
Nysk chapter 2 . 6/16/2009
Good second chapter.

Nice action and flow to the story.

I look forward to seeing how the two do working together.
Deyinel chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Good start, and it promises to get even more interesting! Update soon!
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »