Reviews for Fire Escape
Lexical Item chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Personally, I did think you got Rorschach's voice. Though mostly it just seems to involve the dropping the articles. I liked the references to other heroes and the suggestion that they'd handle it differently and most likely better. It was nice to bring out the contrast between hero types. The line at the end about the kid’s ultimate fate was also good. It was an appropriate note to end the story on and gave the piece a sense of completion.

It's just a suggestion about tone, but constructively, I would have expected a little more disgust worked in somewhere. It doesn't matter where or what it would pertain to, but Rorschach's balance between bitterness and disgust was weighted a little too heavily toward bitterness in this fic. Still, this was a nice insight into one of Rorschach's (mis)adventures.
Hekateras chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Short but oh so good. You got it down perfectly - the voice, the thought processes and the sort of hazy pain-clouded association. Amazing work.
Love's Labour's Won chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Lovely, lovely. _

Have good mastery of Rorschachian speech.
synethesiac chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
A beautiful insight into the workings of such a complex man. I enjoyed every word; you did a fantastic job!
suburbantimewaster chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Just read your one-shot and I absolutely love it. You've not only managed to capture Rorschach's character, but you handled his method of speech very well.
autumnrose45 chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Rorschach is spot on! I particularly love how he tries and fails with his little "Hrum". His speech is incredibly difficult to grasp and you have managed it perfectly, hats off to you, not many people can!
Shorthand chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
I think it might be safe to say that this is one of the best characterizations of Rorschach out there. It's amazing how you fit so much character and emotion into such a short one-shot. Loved the contrast between Rorschach and the child, and Rorschach's thoughts on innocence. Nicely done!
carnageincminor chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
This is gorgeous. Concise but captures exactly what Rorschach is. Depressing too, with that last paragraph.
jokergirl4ever chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
New Wonder chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Short. Simple. Stunning. Absolutely beautiful.

Rorschach needs a good hug.

*probably the one brave enough to do it will end up with broken limbs*
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 3/9/2009

Okay, Blot-Boy, you stay RIGHT there.

I'm getting the first aid kit.
Waylon Jenkins chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
I liked it. Keep doing it.
the rebel angel chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
I liked it! You nailed Rorschach's speech patterns.
Electric Muse chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
That was AMAZING. So well done, really stuck to his character and the way he speaks, and the way he thinks.

So added to favorites. That short little thing is a masterpiece.
Ms. Pagliacci chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Hey, I really enjoyed this. Thanks for postin'! March 6th can't come soon enough for me!