Reviews for Shelter From the Storm
Ruby chapter 1 . 5/8
Excellent. Thank you.
You are very talented. This one-shot is beautifully bleak; thank you for writing a piece so in tune with human emotions. I hope you’re well.
amsev chapter 1 . 3/28/2019
Ouch. Poor Snape.
Melissa chapter 1 . 7/16/2017
*shakes head* I'm about to cry.
villafoo chapter 1 . 2/9/2017
Thank you for this story..Wish there was another chapter :(
zemanoru chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
thank you, but also how dare you. i'm in serious need of some sort of alternate ending.
RosieShak11 chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
Wow. Your writing is so poignant. I guess we're assuming the child is his - why didn't he help her care for it?
Thark Singhe chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Very sad, but well-written. Sort of Snape in a nutshell: tattered, worn, broken, lost, cold.
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Oh! That was so- sad, I guess. And lovely, and tattered, and forlorn, and painful. But good. I like where you left it. It fascilitates my imaginary ending in which she shows up, baby on her hip (his of course, from that night), and simply refuses to leave, wearing him down into domestic scholarly bliss.
dorothy chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
It's odd how different peoples' associations are. Before I read the other reviewers' comments it never even occured to me that the baby might be Snape's.

I assumed that Hermione had had an other man's child, which symbolized for Snape that she was irrevocably lost to him / had definitely moved on with her life.

The idea that Snape is so totally broken and bare of all hope, that he doesn't even dare to stay near his own child was beyond me. Although in hindsight it fits into this story of yours. There never was any hope in this Snape to begin with.

Beautifully written, if a little too dark for my taste.
Addy.is.not.a.Laddy chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Thank you.
duj chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
"He had been a different man, haunted and hunted..."

He couldn't have stayed with her even if she'd wanted him to. She'd have had to go on the run with him. I wonder what she regrets most now: that she saved him, that she slept with him, or that she sent him away alone. I wonder what she's told her child. Surely not the truth that could even now land her in Azkaban - because even if he was subsequently cleared, she was breaking the law at the time. That she was raped or tricked, perhaps, that Snape was Polyjuiced or armed? Or that it was a one-night stand with a stranger, whose identity she didn't bother to find out?
LiteratusAO3 chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Beautiful and poignant.

It was very well written - soft and delicate - and a real delight to read. This is a truly lovely one-shot. Well done on a wonderful story.
Arnith87 chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Oh dear, it seems to me she participated. If there is to be blame, she should own her responsibility in it. Or maybe that was why she kicked him out. Poor Severus, poor Hermione. War destroys lives in more ways than one.

Thanks for sharing!
sylvanawood chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
How very sad that they couldn't talk to each other.