Reviews for Small Talk
tanseynz chapter 8 . 11/13
Sarek is an idiot! Wtg Spock - throwing a tantrum is the best thing he could have done, and at least I bet he felt better afterwards, even if Sarek didn't.
tanseynz chapter 5 . 11/13
Sarek really is gormless, and so is Amanda for sheltering him from what Spock can really do when he sets his mind to it! Three utterly stubborn people in one family...
tanseynz chapter 4 . 11/13
Spock's choices of what Amanda needed on her five day trip had me laughing until I got hiccups! Ingenious little Vulcan.
sarafine-ecleips chapter 11 . 7/7
So much contention! So much drama! Oh geez, Enterprise's reactions if they ever found out.
Very good. Thanks for finishing this story.
Renewed Fan chapter 11 . 4/3
You are such a skilled, imaginative writer. I love your writing style, but the depth of your character development is fascinating. As a renewed fan, and avid reader, I thank you.
Maaliem chapter 11 . 4/2
Bravo Pat. I just re read this story and totally enjoyed it. Lots of highs, lows and serious insight to,the powerful personalities of these three. Well done
Lisa Santos chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
I have re read this story often and actually loved it immediately the first time I read it. It is a beautiful characterization of the young family of Spock and their wonderful and "fraughtful" interactions which creates the beautiful situations, banters and serious exchanges. I continue being a faithful fan Pat and will read anything and everything you write on ST TOS particularly this family. More power and good luck Pat.
srmacrina chapter 11 . 4/28/2014
Accepting the challenge about reviewing completed stories, I re-read this one, having not really remembered how delightful it was. As always, Sarek, Amanda and Spock are fleshed out without ever betraying who they are in TOS. This is a short, amusing story that deals well with some current issues in their lives and beautifully portends others in the Foley Star Trek world.

Very good story!
Chaero chapter 11 . 4/25/2014
Small Talk is one of my favorites. I've reread it several times and know that I will read it again. It' a sweet story. Love young Spock and how determined he is where his mother is concerned.
Dee chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
I loved this story. It is clear who is the one in charge of parenting! And the asides are wonderful. An excellent insight into a relationship between a father who thinks everything will be fine (but still has concerns about his woman not being around), a child who is aware that this is a possible first step into losing a beloved parent (how easily a child's mind moves quickly and not always clearly), and a mother who just needs a tiny bit of breathing space and also wants to keep up her skills in something other than raising a small, very creative Vulcan. I particularly liked the kitchen bit - Sarek was so clearly unaware of what could have happened, while Amanda was aware of all the possibilities.
Madeleine chapter 11 . 4/21/2014
Small Talk is a gret story. We see some of the misstiff Spock gets into as a kid. I loved that although Amanda realized Sarek wasn't too happy with her going, she had no real idea how hard Sarek took it. I guess Vulcans don't have the idea of taking a vacation from everything.

I also like your little afterward of coming back from Earh and finding Amanda won the Nobel because the original winner cheated. I know this is fantasy but I always thought Nobel's were given once the theory was more or less proven after years of other people testing and proving the idea. But this is your world and you can do want you want.

I like the humor in this this story. When you go back to writing and posting it would be nice to have another humoristic one after the seriousness of Home is the Salior.
weekaa1313 chapter 11 . 9/1/2013
what a massive-superb-brillyant story you'd done 'dear...

Linvalay chapter 11 . 8/24/2013
\i rally did love this! And i know i've been commenting on all your stories but this is how i get when i come across an author that i really enjoy.
Linvalay chapter 5 . 8/24/2013