Reviews for Small Talk
Lisa Santos chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
I have re read this story often and actually loved it immediately the first time I read it. It is a beautiful characterization of the young family of Spock and their wonderful and "fraughtful" interactions which creates the beautiful situations, banters and serious exchanges. I continue being a faithful fan Pat and will read anything and everything you write on ST TOS particularly this family. More power and good luck Pat.
srmacrina chapter 11 . 4/28/2014
Accepting the challenge about reviewing completed stories, I re-read this one, having not really remembered how delightful it was. As always, Sarek, Amanda and Spock are fleshed out without ever betraying who they are in TOS. This is a short, amusing story that deals well with some current issues in their lives and beautifully portends others in the Foley Star Trek world.

Very good story!
Chaero chapter 11 . 4/25/2014
Small Talk is one of my favorites. I've reread it several times and know that I will read it again. It' a sweet story. Love young Spock and how determined he is where his mother is concerned.
Dee chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
I loved this story. It is clear who is the one in charge of parenting! And the asides are wonderful. An excellent insight into a relationship between a father who thinks everything will be fine (but still has concerns about his woman not being around), a child who is aware that this is a possible first step into losing a beloved parent (how easily a child's mind moves quickly and not always clearly), and a mother who just needs a tiny bit of breathing space and also wants to keep up her skills in something other than raising a small, very creative Vulcan. I particularly liked the kitchen bit - Sarek was so clearly unaware of what could have happened, while Amanda was aware of all the possibilities.
Madeleine chapter 11 . 4/21/2014
Small Talk is a gret story. We see some of the misstiff Spock gets into as a kid. I loved that although Amanda realized Sarek wasn't too happy with her going, she had no real idea how hard Sarek took it. I guess Vulcans don't have the idea of taking a vacation from everything.

I also like your little afterward of coming back from Earh and finding Amanda won the Nobel because the original winner cheated. I know this is fantasy but I always thought Nobel's were given once the theory was more or less proven after years of other people testing and proving the idea. But this is your world and you can do want you want.

I like the humor in this this story. When you go back to writing and posting it would be nice to have another humoristic one after the seriousness of Home is the Salior.
weekaa1313 chapter 11 . 9/1/2013
what a massive-superb-brillyant story you'd done 'dear...
marvelous..
claps...bows...

/hugegracias4sharing/
Linvalay chapter 11 . 8/24/2013
\i rally did love this! And i know i've been commenting on all your stories but this is how i get when i come across an author that i really enjoy.
Linvalay chapter 5 . 8/24/2013
i really enjoy this! And i''m glad its complete :D
PageTurner5000 chapter 11 . 7/10/2013
Just read this since it was referenced in the lArest installment of Sailor. Absolutely love this and now truly have some pity on Spock's parents. I will say the author note at the end gives me hope that this family will have some closure in Sailor.
ladybrit chapter 11 . 6/22/2013
Just read this and loved it. I really enjoyed seeing Vulcan life through Amanda's eyes. Great writing. Thankyou.
H
kyoko12989 chapter 11 . 9/1/2012
I loved the mischievous Spock in this. Good job. :)
illrain666 chapter 11 . 8/16/2011
that was lovely. i completely enjoy all your star trek fics because you're excellent at characterization. thank you for sharing your talent with us readers.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/12/2011
thank you for this story.
spockett chapter 5 . 3/18/2011
"If even half of what we suspect is true," Sarek said, reaching to cut off the linkage. "He will be a fortunate child to reach the age of eight."

Oh this is priceless - I can just see spock trying to hide everything - I love your writting and stories
LettieM chapter 11 . 3/6/2011
Thank you for another excellent story. You've highlighted beautifully the fact that Sarek and Amanda, for all their love of and commitment to each other, are beings of two different species and two different cultures. Their struggles over how to deal with their brilliant hybrid child highlight those differences and how they sometimes struggle to understand each other. Outstanding work, as always. I loved this story