Reviews for No More Forgiveness
dld51 chapter 38 . 11/7/2018
This was a good story. To see Gohan's pain from his POV or how Goku's decisions affected his family and friends.
DragonCrusader chapter 38 . 9/13/2018
This was an amazing read, and as bittersweet (?) Of an ending it is I do feel that it is appropriate. Well done.
pr0dz chapter 38 . 9/11/2018
Can't lie, I remember seeing this story before you redux'd it. The ending seems to be different from the original but I forget easily. I understand the point of the story since Goku literally had no excuse for the 7 years. He was only responsible for Raditz to come and the Androids to surface. Other than that, it's just anything Toriyama would write out to continue the series as it is.
Cp125 chapter 35 . 9/10/2018
great chapter. damn Gohan has been through hell
Cp125 chapter 33 . 9/10/2018
i now understood what you meant at the beginning of the ch. great misdirectuon, it was a rollercoaster ride
Cp125 chapter 32 . 9/10/2018
great chapter. i felt that you tackled these themes in the most realistic way, making the reader feel like they can relate.
KiSwordsman chapter 38 . 9/6/2018
Thank you I did indeed enjoy it and it's going on my favorites. I have long maintained this attitude in regard to Goku. I get tired of people constantly making excuses for this person. When even the author himself has expressed that Goku is extremely selfish.

People, At least from my experience in the states are so warped by funimation's portrayal of him that they legit think he is anime Superman which is very much not the case. And no one ever called him out on any of it.

I very much appreciate his take on things.
Very much appreciate this take on things.
Child Of Dreamz chapter 38 . 8/27/2018
Thank you for writing this and I really enjoyed reading it. I am glad that you didn't let them reconcile at the end because Gohan has a lot of reasons to no longer trust Goku. I am glad to have found this story :D
Child Of Dreamz chapter 35 . 8/27/2018
THANK YOU! I have been saying this for years about Goku! He used to be my favorite character in the show. Then when I saw how he treated Gohan, how he only cared about fighting, and how his selfishness was always putting people in danger I grew to despise him! Dragon Ball Super is the ULTIMATE example of this!
Is it any wonder that Gohan became my favorite character followed by Piccolo? I happen to be the type of person who says Piccolo is a better father than Goku ever was... I even like Vegeta more then I like Goku now and I hated him in the beginning! I wish Akira would have stuck with making Gohan the main character after the Cell Saga instead of shoving him aside for his self-centered father!
On a happier note, I really do like your story. It is well thought out and I am glad that you are showing just how different Gohan is from his own father. I also like how you have pointed out as to why Gohan would never have spoken about these things, about how everyone just ignores Goku's stupid behaviors despite him putting them in danger, and being realistic on just how much everything Goku has done would affect Gohan yet Goten would not be affected as he wasn't involved.
Leela's Back chapter 38 . 8/20/2018
So , all Gohan had to do was beat his daddy's ass and he would be fine? Eh...
EmiyaShirou525 chapter 1 . 8/15/2018
After reading this fic for a while, I have to say... This is a masterpiece.

And I guess this explains the reason why Goku is such a beloved character... Being honest, I prefer Funimation Goku, because he at least have some morale and ethics, rather than the original, who pretty much only cares about fighting.

Original Goku can do whatever he wants, and there'll be no consequences. The Dragon Balls will be there to patch things up, his family and friends will always wait for him, and he'll be able to train as much as he wants.

Toriyama said that he wanted to portray Goku as a selfish, self-centered man who mostly cared about fighting... But, I don't really think Goku is evil, perhaps malicious, but the way a child is.

He's pretty much a child in the body of an adult. He thinks he can do whatever thing he wants, he doesn't want to have responsibilities, and is pretty much driven by his inner impulses.

He was alone for years before Bulma found him, and as such, he never knew/learned basic things about society... This is what I like about fics like this, because they show characters like Goku their mistakes hoping they'll learn from them.

People love him in real life because they envy his freedom, his power, his charisma and the way he gets things very easily, living a simplier world than our own, even with all the gods/aliens/androids/demons and so on.

I guess that in the very end of this story, maybe at Goku's death bed, Gohan will be there to finally forgive him for the things he did. I truly understand Gohan and his actions as well.

He was depressed, with almost no one for support (except for Piccolo), and everyone was praising Goku. While he was happy, training and fighting in the otherworld for years, his son was suffering, his wife was suffering... It was really unfair...

In conclusion, I think this fic can help people who are like Goku to change their ways before it's too late... Because, the way how society works it's pretty much like this...

They act like that until their old family and friends slowly start backing away, until they eventually leave... And after realizing they're pretty much alone, they'll find their mistakes, but it'll be too late...

Good luck on your new projects!
Guest chapter 38 . 8/15/2018
While I loved how this story began, I was slowly starting to lose my interest in it as things progressed. The meaningless drama and perhaps the ending are my largest peeves.
For one stamina or not, Gohan would not have the ability to match Goku after his father constantly trained on end. This was a bad ending for me. I believed that Gohan would lose and perhaps finally try to forgive his father... but he would never forget. And Goku seeing how far Gohan had come would then decide to devote more of his time to his family.
Oh well; it was a nice read, for a while at least.
Guest chapter 38 . 8/15/2018
While the story was well written, for the most part, i found the ending disappointing. Gohan's is left a spiteful, angry shell of a character who doesnt even seem to undersrand his own motivations...

Good prose and nice pacing cannot cover the terribly shallow end.
SailorSnowflack chapter 38 . 8/14/2018
(Round of Applause)
The story was great before and it's still great now. It was alsome to read this again!
I look forward to more stories you may have in the future. _
mle-austin chapter 38 . 8/14/2018
Thank you for writing this story. It is amazing and I am glad that someone has put this type of relationship and its problems out there.
I hope you keep writing as this was great to read. Well done!
946 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »