Reviews for 09 Girl Talk
Stormbringer951 chapter 4 . 12/22/2009
No comment on the last part of this particular story, except that we finally see the Succubus effect undeniably in action, and the mechanics of it are a bit better explained.
Stormbringer951 chapter 3 . 12/22/2009
You know, I'm detecting a lot of cyberpunk in this particular story; technology doesn't make things better, no matter what the transhumanists say.

Absolutely, improved tech only means that more countries participate in a game of "throw the A bomb" or mass-manufacture explosive ammunition, while anti-grav technology would just mean that the "road tax" will include things like hovercars slamming into people's bedrooms.

A chilling and scary look at what happens when humans suddenly got hold of a lot of tech that they don't know how to use properly. Are you going to handle that at the end of the story, or will all the proscribed tech be destroyed / used up in the skirmishes between Genactives and IO?
Stormbringer951 chapter 2 . 12/10/2009
And Kat's big secret is out! Or not so big a secret.

I like this story, it's a very *big picture* sort of story. I like the description of International Operations as it started out, as an admittedly not-so-nice government operation that got even worse. I'd have to quote a few lines from this:

"How much money and … whatever … does it take to shoulder a modern city police department out of your way, so you can commit any crime you like?"

At some point, IO turned from a cynical but worthwhile (at least from the American point of view) organisation into the New World Order. Creepy stuff, partly because it is possible to believe that it could happen; everybody's got the seeds of that paranoia - that everything's being controlled behind the backs of the public.

I also liked the description of just how complicated the democratic process is, it's very fitting (at least to the point of view of a cynical Brit, who sees a LOT of this in his own Govt).

A very interesting chapter.
Stormbringer951 chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
A "road trip" type story - I thought you were going to do a similar one for the boys too. Huh. Anyway, onto my impressions.

A nice chapter, a lot of exposition and motive-finding as well as character interaction. Nothing really jumped out at me in this chapter, but it's nice and solid.
Whyt Wulf chapter 4 . 7/17/2009
Uh-oh, is it the red lingerie? Just kidding, I can't imagine anyone wearing lingerie in public, especially someone who's capable of looking ten at times.

New World Order, dangerous foes, cops everywhere, even heartbreak! This 'family' just can't catch a break, can they?
Tezza1502 chapter 4 . 5/7/2009
A very interesting idea about the nature of not only the Genesis effect on humans, but the real world in general. And a nice bit of bonding between two women attracted to the same man.

Poor Caitlin. She never really had any luck with men. Ever! Here's hoping that you have some better luck planned for her.

T