Reviews for To Understand
TheDarkKunoichi chapter 11 . 5/28
Sithspit! Dammit! This is the most frikkin emotional thing I've ever read in my whole sithy life! Damn... I've always been a big fan of Obi-Wan, and it frikkin HURT me to see him so miserable, to imagine the things he endured... to imagine how he must've felt since Qui-Gon (btw, he's a big son of a bitch. Sorry for the language...) up to Mustafar. Damn damn damn! I swear, if I was Obi-Wan's padawan I will make him frikkin proud of me. Not like what Anakin did, damn him. Shucks, I'm still crying over here! I hope Anakin confronts him about Qui-Gon. But I guess it wouldn't really suit things... Anyway, I'm really glad I read this story. It just made me realize Anakin and Palpatine's a real bastard. I normally like Qui-Gon, but damn he can be abusive...

I really like this a lot! Thanks and I guess I'll read more of your stories now.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/11/2014
I love your story so much!
Many people only sympathise with Anakin but I feel that obi wan suffered just as much, if not more.
I hope you continue to write awesome stories like this :)
Fives32 chapter 11 . 7/16/2014
Sooooo...Just sweeping the brutal genocide under the 'ole rug eh?
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 11 . 12/25/2013
Well, I think that there were a few things in this that went a bit far...Qui-gon was cold, distant and healing from a bad decision he made, but I read the Jedi Apprentice books, and between those and what we saw in the movie, he never struck me as downright abusive. I like what you did with the clone wars, very nicely done. Having Mace yell and the Jedi know about Anakin's 'involvement' with Padme seemed a bit much though. Having them suspect something like that was going on I can see, but having them outright know and not doing anything about it...after a few times of Obi-wan begging, I can't see them accepting it.

Love the idea though. I'd like to see a tad bit slower pace and a little more description of the scenes and people around him, but otherwise I liked the idea. :)
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 3 . 12/25/2013
That...is a very good question...interesting idea...*must go think on this*...
Book girl fan chapter 8 . 6/23/2013
Personally, I don't think that Obi-Wan would beg and plead on his knees for anything less than someone else's life, and maybe not even then. He is The Negotiator for a reason. I think more likely he would argue with the Jedi Council for hours, and agree to do more dangerous missions, give up free time, whatever, a long as they keep Anakin in the order. He wouldn't beg, he'd too dignified for that.
SpellSword166 chapter 11 . 3/17/2013
Wow... fourth time in so many days that I have read this, and I still love it :) It's so realistically portrayed, the way Anakin slowly comes to his senses... the emotion is really great as well! I cried several times ;D Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 11 . 2/25/2013
Wow, I loved this great story. This is actually the second time I read it. It was so powerful, moving, awe inspiring, etc that I needed to read it again. To give me time to allow my thoughts, feelings and emotions to become clear. This story is both heartwarming and heart aching, I love how Anakin finally understands what makes Obi Wan who and what he is. Anakin realizes that everything Obi Wan did was to try help him and done out of love. He finally grows up and matures enough to take responsibility for his own actions and to recognize who truly is his family and friends.

The spelling and grammar mistakes didn't really affect the flow of the story. My biggest problem was the tears and tissues, I must have used a whole box. Thank goodness this story was only 11 chapters long, lol. Well if you look at it in a positive light at least the story was very cathartic and the ending was beautiful. I loved 4 year old Luke, what can you expect when Anakin's the father, and son of an Anakin was priceless. You captured all of the characters personalities very well. Even if I don't want to believe Qui Gon (my favourite Jedi) would ever hit Obi Wan. I know it was needed for the story, but the Qui Gon scenes were the most heartbreaking for me. I would have loved to seen Anakin witness Qui Gon's death and seen how he felt knowing Qui Gon's last words were about him and not about Obi Wan. Thank you for your wonderful story.
jack-damian chapter 11 . 12/31/2012
actually nearly cried at some points in this, so emotional. amazing writer. only one problem: YOU DIDNT SAY WHAT THE SEQUEL WAS CALLED! no! shall search manually i suppose and there'll be a review at the end of that too
Sara M chapter 11 . 12/28/2012
this whole story was awesome, I loved every chapter!
bryneesI chapter 11 . 11/27/2012
looovee itttt
obik16 chapter 10 . 8/21/2012
Wait- didnt obiwan get stabbed in the stomach? Anyway great story! Love it!
MyselfOfficial chapter 11 . 7/6/2012
I reviewed this story/chapter already, but I just realized that I wasn't signed in. Sorry about that. Anyhow, again wonderful story! Thank you for writing and sharing :)

-PenAndInk
Guest chapter 11 . 7/6/2012
Such a great story! Thank you for taking the time to write and finish it! I loved it!

-PenaAndInk
thorn chapter 11 . 6/5/2012
ok, so i've spent the day reading heckishly horrible fan fics, so this story is a blessing. I have finally read a good story. Yay! Mission accomplished. I'm gonna read your otheer stories. Bye and Thank you for the good read!

Peace Out!