Reviews for What the Day Demands
Michelle chapter 1 . 1/21/2002
The point I lost it and started crying was when I read "I want to find a wife...the mother of my children...Beautiful little girls to raise into charming young women...sturdy little boys that I can pass on my skills to and hope that they won't need to use them." The pathos in Okita's words is breathtakingly beautiful.

This is wonderful, down to the utterly realistic restraint both men display. Okita wants to share his dreams but dares not share his fate. Saitou is brave, but not brave enough to really contemplate his friend's impending death. I agree with another reviewer. Everyone should read this wonderful work.
Elenwing chapter 1 . 1/18/2002
I read your fic, and... what can I say, it's a really beatiful story...oh god I cry when I read it ( and I never cry with fics!) please, PLEASE write more of Okita ( I luuuuv him!), this fic is one of my favourites, is great!

When I read the part that say "Enjoy the seasons that I'll never see. Have the sons that I'll never raise. Visit my grave. Remember me" I cried so much that I couldn't read... please write more!
EntreNous chapter 1 . 1/6/2002
People are insane not to read and review this fic. Sure, I'm biased since I practically forced Meriko to write this, but really...

"I heard that in the winter, snow and frost cover the trees and banks, and thin sheets of ice constantly grow and break off along the edges of the river. It looks like glass and silk and rice paper so thin that you can see the veins in the pages."

Only a practical genius could turn a phrase like that. This truly is a beautiful fic and one of my favorites, and not just because I love Saitou. Ok, well maybe just a little... XD
mikim chapter 1 . 12/17/2001
Oh, my God! i had my heard broken with your story!it brought tears to my eyes! it's a wonderful piece, you have an incredible talent... And, i bow before you and your talent with words because, this my friends is what people call a masterpiece!
Yugami chapter 1 . 12/12/2001
Thank you for this story! It was really beautiful.
miriya v chapter 1 . 12/10/2001
Beautiful! *grin* Wow! Great Shinsengumi piece...I'm in love. You've done such a great job with them, characterization and everything! _ Many kudos to you...
trinchardin chapter 1 . 12/6/2001
just thought i'd drop a line to tell u dat this is a great one-shot fic on saitou and okita. more please? _
Pretty Little Me chapter 1 . 12/5/2001
Oh! You made me cry! This is a great story, beautifully written. I'm always happy to read an Okita fic, especially one so good. -
eri chapter 1 . 12/4/2001
I'm a happy girl when I read good fics! You write so picturesquely; some of the descriptions are lovely. The two Shinsengumi captains are appropriately restrained, and it is this that makes their emotions more poignant.
hineko chapter 1 . 12/4/2001
wow, i haven't read a fic like this one for awhile. okita fics are few and far between, and the last good one i saw was similar to this but it used battousai. i really enjoyed all the insight in this fic. maybe you could write a companion to it? ;D
aka Arashi chapter 1 . 12/4/2001
Wow... that was beautiful. Well written, introspective, and dealing with an issue that I've never seen immortalized in fanfiction. *grin* Saitou and Okita are two amazing characters from Rurouni Kenshin in the fact that they were real people and had real issues to deal with. What did Saitou think about Okita's illness? Now I feel that I have a better idea! Thanks for writing this. Fantastic.
41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3