Reviews for Closer to Home
AnimeFan101 chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Nice chapter. I like your comments on the identifying a point in space, but would like to add that a third line (in the case of the two lines that are nonparallel and nonintersecting) could create a "bound" within which would be the target 'gate, given the immensity of space.

Alternatively, the points are really points - six vetices of a polyhedron, limiting the spacial area in which the 'gate is trying to connect.

Either way, sweet chapter! And it's on to Abydos next, no? Will be interesting to see how you'll have scripted the lives of the Abydons (Abydonians?) when they didn't meet the Earth group as in SG canon.
SFBKludge chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Very Nice. I was amazed to see a SC XO.

Nice bit using Vanessa after having her pulled from the wreckage. I doubt any of the other bridge bunnies made it. (Officially none of them did.) The three defectors pretty much gave up after their girlfriends died. They lingered on for awhile but eventually gave up during Dana's childhood. Could one of them still be around, since Vanessa is alive?

I will look forward to more on this intriguing story.

But cant you just imagine the face of the poor Jaffa that has to deal with a VHT for the very first time?
King Hawke chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
very creative idea. it's hard work to combine the Robotech and Stargate universe, but you managed to do it somehow. good job
JovianJeff chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
A very enjoyable read. I liked how the two shows were combined in a seamless manner. Daniel, Rodney and Jeannie fit into this particular setting with the Southern Cross. Both the discovery of the gate and its activation were priceless scenes and I liked how Stargate Command was set up within this setting. Hoping to see some hovertanks go through the gate in future installments (they can fit through right?). In any case, looking forward to future chapters. Thank you for writing this.
kamikage86 chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
NICE I hope this also means you will be updating your other Robotech stories I love those too.
110 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8