Reviews for The Fallen Birdman
ViolettBlack chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
I have just read all of your fantastic Dark Angel fanfictions and consider this one as the one I love the most.
You are a talented writer and it's a real bummer that you have stopped writing DA stories because I really would like to read more of them!
ion bond chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I like how chill and non-judgemental Bling is here, as he was in his best moments on the show. I also like the poem!
whipper chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
that was a wonderful story. among the best i've read... only wish it was longer...
Spyke Raven chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
I will always love *this* story because it could be anybody, but it's them alright and the tender, loving care shines beautifully through. I will always hate this story because it isn't any longer, but then it wouldn't be perfect and unique anymore. Thank you for it.
Dancinstar chapter 1 . 4/13/2002
I miss Bling now! He was such a good friend to Logan, and you showed that very well here. Great parallel story to the poem, too.
Lelu chapter 1 . 4/11/2002
Again I have to say lovely. You have a wonderful way with words. Please keep writing.
Star24 chapter 1 . 4/10/2002
Beautifully done - can't believe I missed this one before.

Your stories are wonderful DA gems as my friend aerie would say.
Star24 chapter 1 . 4/10/2002
Beautifully done - can't believe I missed this one before.

Your stories are wonderful DA gems.
Kasman chapter 1 . 4/6/2002
Very movingly written.
Rachel Wilder chapter 1 . 4/2/2002
Wow and I thought I wrote angst! This is a very powerful story, so much told in so few words. I'd love to see more, especially about what's going on in Bling's head. Thanks!
a fan chapter 1 . 3/30/2002
I like your use of 'the man' and 'the other man' it lets us stand back and see these men who we've gotten to know so well from a different and enlightening perspective.

Bling's gentleness in the face of Logan's grief is so true to his character. As is his no nonsense attitude toward's Logan's selfcare. Logan's sheepish response showed that he wasn't really trying to destroy himself but was suffering from another 'lapse of judgement' due to his grief.

'He remembers the long fingers, quicksilver on a keyboard, savagely kneading cream into atrophied muscles that could feel no pain. “I’ve seen you do it.” This line painfully shows just how much Logan hates his injury and what it has done to his body.

Loved the simple, more hopeful ending. It's so true to both Bling and Logan, always the survivors. Wonderfully done.
Kyre chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
Hey, I'm catching up on some of your stuff, now that I have a few minutes and I've talked to you. :) Actually I should be asleep right now, and wanted to read something good before going to bed. This definitely qualifies. I'd almost like to see it continued, but it stands alone just fine and I'm sure you've moved on. Just know that it's I like it.
gilenagile chapter 1 . 3/22/2002
This story keeps haunting me but I'm not sure why - guess that's true of most of what clings to our subconscious.

Love your imagery: the neat interior of the cupboards; the black line in the gray dust on the wheelchair seat; the long fingers "quicksilver on a keyboard, savagely kneading cream into atrophied muscles that could feel no pain."

Your characterisation is wonderful and subtle. "The only person I allowed to see my weakness was a man whose paycheck I wrote" - Logan says that in one of your other fics but now he accepts his glasses back from Bling after his friend has "wiped them dry on a corner of his shirt." Maybe falling isn't such a bad thing.

Will be back to read this again.
Nikky chapter 1 . 3/22/2002
all I can bring myself to say is WOW! and where have you been hiding? How have you manage to post these without my noticing? Still baffled... sorry it took so long for me to discover and review... wow...
TerriWrym chapter 1 . 3/20/2002
I love the way you write, the words flow like poetry. You also seem to know quite abit about what it takes to go through physical therapy. I'm eagerly awaiting your next work.