Reviews for A Little Fall Of Rain
Sempiternus chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
This review has been long in coming (I favorited this fanfic long ago), but still I have trouble coming up with words that will convey how much it meant to me when I first read it and even to this day. I think it’s the rain - the second part in particular - that hits so close to home for me, makes this a story that burrows itself into the deepest parts of my heart and mind. The way Pelleus interacts with the rain, the sorrowful way it reflects his own self-delusions and emptiness towards a past he can never quite get over, and Micaiah’s gentle yet stern reminding that this downpour, this sinking feeling within him, will not last forever - that is what makes this fanfic memorable to me... if that makes any sense.

If I were to try and put it simply, I guess it’s the way your beautifully formed and reflective characters intertwine with their surroundings - one sitting with the darkness, the other with the light - and in the end take steps toward healing. I like the message that you can find the light at the end of that dark, dark tunnel you’re encased in no matter how impossible it seems; that life desire life and that both time and those who care about you will put a bandage on those wounds you’ve been carrying around for so long...

At any rate, I suppose what’s most important for this review is for me to sincerely thank you for writing and sharing this story with the FE community. Seeing as I recently wrote a personal poetry piece using this story’s summary as a driving point, I definitely felt the need to come back here and properly give my gratitude :p

So... thank you. I was and still am deeply touched every time I reread this
Trueblade Hinata chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Great story!

You got Pelleas in character.

Keep up the great work!
Shadow Hylian chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Even though I'm not really that fond of the pairing, I decided to give it a go and I really liked this fic.

I think that your characterisation of Pelleas is very accurate, and I liked the way you protrayed his apathetic wallowing in self pity. Usually, it's a fine balance to get this right, and you succeeded at this well. Pelleas' predicament at being lost in his own thoughts remain believable throughout, and your protrayal of him stayed true to his character.

I also liked the way in which this story stayed true to the canon events of the game, and took into account the problems that pelleas faced as a result of being de-throned, and how he must deal with the decisions he took when he was king.

I liked the way that Micaiah continues to believe in Pelleas, and I think that this gives her a real humanity, as she is the only one that seems able to forgive him for his mistakes.

I also found the ending to be a nice way to finish this fic, as the happy ending held a degree of uncertainty, which I think shows that Pelleas is still hesitant to commit himself to believe in their future.

Overall, an excellent piece of work! _