Reviews for If You Never Fight, You'll Never Win
HekkuShun chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
GAHHH THATS SO SAD! But I have to favorite it cause I like it so much! If only their was a sequel where she somehow MAGICALLY left hikaru and ended up with Kyouya so he doesnt have to bite his tounge every now and then! Sweet angst!
HoshiNoTsuya chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Yup, if Kyouya didn't want it in the first place, then, he didn't lose it xD
It's a good work ;)
Take care!
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Oh, very nice. I love how you had this. It was just so... perfect. Of course, I always loved the Twins/Haruhi, but yes.
Miss Hydrangea chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Mm... mildly predictable, but I liked it. Kyouya's one of my favorite characters, and I think you did him justice.
SailorPikaAngel chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
hat was angsty! poor kyouya... i guess if he keeps telling himself that, he might believe it! He should have fought for her instead of tryign to deceive himself. i really like the last line, it really conveys his frustration in himself and the situation as he lets haruhi go... thanks for a great read!
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
First, nice opening line. It works perfectly for a summary. Second...

[And even if someone thinks he didn't get what he wanted, in the end, whatever he didn't get he probably didn't want in the first place.]

That is Kyouya in a nutshell. He's exceptionally smart, and the best part is...everyone else will believe that he didn't want it in the first place, too.

[Kyouya didn't want her, so he didn't lose her. He didn't even try, he reminds himself.]

Powerful words here. I like that you make it so obvious that he's convincing himself. Or rather, trying to convince himself.

[But he still has to fight to ignore the coppery taste in his mouth as he unclenches his jaw, releasing his tongue, and watch her back as she walks away.]

I love this last line. I only have one critique, and I'm sorry I can't help more, but here goes.

Instead of "watch", it should be "watches". Since he "unclenches" his jaw. The words between your commas (releasing his tongue) should be able to be taken out of the sentence, which they can. (So wonderful job there! I learned that rather recently, myself.) So then you would have "But he still has to fight to ignore the coppery taste in his mouth as he unclenches his jaw and watch her back as she walks away".

I hope what I said made sense. I wasn't sure if I should clarify or not... Uhm...yes. But this was a really good oneshot. I don't even like Kyouya. I know I should probably be hung out to try for saying that. He's a great character, but I don't like him as a person. But I did like this 'fic. So you did very well. Keep up the great work!

Also, I hope you're at 100% soon. You sound like you got terribly ill from strep throat. I've had it before, and it was certainly no picnic, but luckily I was younger and laid in bed for about a week and got over it. (And by younger I mean...probably 9-13 years old. I didn't even go to the doctor. I never go there unless I have to.)

PS. I'm so so sorry if my last reviews here didn't make it all the way through or got cut off. I stupidly forgot to take out any HTML coding I had in them. Ugh. Terribly sorry about that.
Trade Snark chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Can't wait for the next chapter. I love reading Haruhi/Kyoya.