Reviews for The Good One
SLady3 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Sigh...Luke is "The Good One." I think you picked a perfect moment when Lorelai had one of her rare moments of clarity with regards to Luke. She knows how important he is to her and Rory and they to him but she chooses most of the time not to look at that too closely because she doesn't want to find the answers it would lead to. At least that's what I feel. I think it's funny and true that their house would not own manly band-aids. I like that you ellude to embarassing moments in Loreali's past that I don't think were ever mentioned but are in keeping with possible incidents. I like that with this whole story you leant the reader insight into Luke's and Lorelai's characters. Another well-written story. The only thing I would possibly change is the use of technically speaking when talking about them as part of Luke's family. I know that you're saying since they're so important to him it's like they are but I don't know that technically speaking is the right way to put it. Maybe it would have been better to write that it was like they were a part of his family. Regardless, you are an amazing author.
R. M. Jackson chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Um...how did I not review this? Because I love it. You've always written Luke and Lorelai well, but this is different because of the lack of dialogue. Great job. :]
Sutton07 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
This chapter was an excellent description by Lorelai of who Luke the man is. Enjoyed reading how Luke through the years helped Lorelai and never asked anything in return. Excellent Read...
I love Lukey chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Java!

This was a wonderful insight into the inner-mind of Lorelai. I loved how she recognized that Luke was a great guy and had done so much for her.

It was sweet that she was embarrassed to have gushed over him in front of Liz. The series didn't give Liz much respect, and I think it was totally believable that any girl, who is into a guy, would want to make a good first impression on his sister.

I really liked how Luke and Lorelai touched and responded to each other, yet when it came down to it, they didn't cross the line to jeopardize the relationships (such as they were) that they already had estalished with other people. This was very much in character for both of them.

I'm so glad I read this wonderfully written, insightful piece of the Gilmore world. Awesome!
hondagirl chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
I really, really liked this story. It also helped that I just saw the episode that this story was loosely based on the other day. I went through a Gilmore Girl marathon starting with S4. LOL.

But I really liked this because Lorelai doesn't often explore her feelings for Luke, at least not pre-together/post-breakup. And I like how she realizes what a great guy he is. All in all, wonderful job here. Thank you for writing this. :)

-honda
Copop chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
I loved that you used not speech in this, only telling your story, descriptive.

I just love how you let Lorelai see Luke.

Great job :D
forestmae chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Such a great last line! I loved the story! I especially loved your anecdotes about Luke helping Rory!