Reviews for Paper Bag Ballet
AmintaWithARose chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Wow. I am in awe. You captured the essence of this film so well. THIS is the point of the movie, and you have described it so beautifully. The only thing I have against this is, personally, I didn't think that this character ( I can't remember her name...this is from Kevin Spacey's daughter's POV, correct?)is at this point of enlightenment yet. However, I've only seen the movie once, so I could be wrong. Regardless, this peace is beautiful.
ravenclawing chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
EastSideIndie chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
I loved it. I added the lines:

'The emotions felt after a death are the most beautiful ballet. Guilt dances a slow adage with hurt. Fear dances a quick allegro with worry. Sadness waltzes on its own at the back of the stage. Then when it is time for sadness’ great solo…'

to my favourite quotes on Facebook (naming you as the author of course). They just made a lot of sense to me and sort of spelled out the exact feelings after losing a loved one.
Hey-its-CK chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
This piece is beautiful. It follows the style of the film so well. Very nice.
asanchez chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Very interesting. The words really flow, almost poetic, and it really matches the character and her-for lack of better words-'way of being'. The repetition is also a key component because it helps to create the appropriate atmosphere. The description of the events and the narrator's realization work together really well. The writer also does an excellent job of explaining what she is thinking, what is going through her mind, even though she has no one to talk to [[its a monologue]]. The fact that it is a monologue makes the message seem more important and is embeded into the reader's head.
LeapinLizard chapter 1 . 7/12/2006 captured the beauty and simplicity of the movie effortlessly. The words are not labored or pretentious. It flows like a dance.
ThornsofRoses chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
That was breathtaking. I absolutely love it. You write so beautifully in your own unique style...and I loved how you talked about the emotions dancing. Your writing is beauty. Keep up the wonderful work! I love this movie and your writing!
Andy chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
I can see what you're trying yo do here. Maybe you should have gotten a better sentence to go in between the lines (rather than 'It's only a paper bag, you know.'). Anyways, you might have some real potential here. Keep it up.
auz girl chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
relly poetic
kiara chapter 1 . 3/3/2005
that storie is tight because itreally touch my heart...
Yulx chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Oh, this Fic was written so beautiful!

I like it-wow!

There were deep emotions in my heart!

You did it.

Thanx for this FanFic!
OldArsenic chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
I was beautiful, don't you just LOVE American Beauty?
I really like what you write
rebecca chapter 1 . 3/21/2003
this was written absolutly beautifully. tell me, who wrote it... i mean, who's pov? I love the passage where the emotions dance. again, this is great. write.
Virginia Wildchild chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Jane? Really? Sounds more like Ricky. Nevertheless, quite poignant and riveting.
TDWidow chapter 1 . 1/23/2003