Reviews for What if? Philip Durrant
A chapter 14 . 5/11/2013
Hya, had to watch the movie first (fortunately on the net) and then read right through the whole thing, really good story and well-written...
...but when his career changed to being a professor I couldn't help but envision him looking like RA did at the hobbit q&a in sydney last week with the dark green jacket and the sexy beard *swoon* - lots of gorgeous pics... ;)

so - lucky me, I found a story where an RA character gets to be a prof right after seeing some really inspirational footage of him looking like one... ;)
JoanieNobody chapter 14 . 5/7/2013
I liked it. This was a nice little story with an interesting plot. :-)
lexie2 chapter 14 . 12/2/2012
It was a real surprise to come across a Philip Durrant fic and an original one at that. I'd read some of your work before and once again you didn't disappoint.
chorima chapter 14 . 6/6/2010
This story reminded my of a J.B. Priestley play "I was here before" (I do not know if this is the correct title. I watched it in Spanish). "Ordeal by Innocence" is my favourite A. Christie's novel. I did not like the changes that the film made to the story, although I loved Richard Armitage as Philip (of course). I wish they had adapted your fanfic instead. it is excellent. Thank you
Shezan chapter 14 . 11/13/2009
I read all this at one go! I don't know the original movie, but this was lovely, and I ADORE the structure! I could visualise RA as Philip, and I love how he learned to seize his second chance - second chances are getting to be one of your hallmarks. GREAT read.
AccountKilled chapter 14 . 11/13/2009
AW! YAY! I am so happy that Beatrice came to her senses and told him the truth. Oh and Philip getting jealous! lol. I liked how he was transported to the future this time. Very cool. Oh, I am sad that it is over. It is a truly wonderful story. Thank you for writing it. YAY! I am so happy that they are together and getting married! Thank you again!
AccountKilled chapter 12 . 11/10/2009
HAHAHAHA! I love the last line. "It was strenuous to be the object of this many crushes." Ah, Philip, how little you know. I am so glad that Philip came to his senses, but OH! Beatrice better fix this. It's her fault that he and Hester aren't together! Still, I am very happy that Philip is not falling into old patterns and is socialising. But oh! I want him and Hester to see one another again, just see, nothing else required, as of yet. Ah, I really love this story. Thank you again for the updates!
AccountKilled chapter 11 . 11/10/2009
I HATE BEATRICE! THAT RUDDY COW! HOW DARE SHE! ARGH! Okay, off to read the next chapter. But how little of her, to steal his letter, to read his letter, to TEAR UP his letter! Not to mention her not passing on Hester's message. Manipulative, little, little woman. I hope that she gets her comeuppance and that Philip sees right through her. ARGH! How dare she invade his privacy like that. Horrible, little, deceitful woman! ARGH! Okay, next chapter... (You are still writing brilliantly btw :D)
AccountKilled chapter 10 . 11/7/2009
AH! I DON'T WANT BEATRICE TO HAVE HIM! I am so scared that she's going to throw away that letter and that Philip will think that Hester is ignoring him. Please, please, please don't do that! He's already been through so much. Oh, you do write him very well. I'm loving how all of this is coming together, and your facts are right on cue. I love it. It is so well written and thought out. Thank you for all of the lovely chapters! I can't wait to see him and Hester interact again!
AccountKilled chapter 7 . 11/5/2009
NO! PHILIP CAN'T DIE! Not when he's just ready to divorce Mary and see Hester. Bloody Jacko. NO! And his knee! Will he ever be able to walk again before his polio sets in? AH, please update again soon!
AccountKilled chapter 5 . 11/4/2009
This is brilliant! Really, really brilliant. You've captured Philip so well, and the premise of the story is uniquely done. Please update more as soon as you can!