Reviews for Icarus Files II: Aftermath
stacynn chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
ok just have to say - LOVED THIS! Your writing is excellent - very witty and easy to follow. Don't know the 'other' characters but I didn't need to, you brought them alive for me.

And yes, I'm a bit late reviewing this fic - just got back into my Incredible hulk reruns!
Darth Kyrie chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Dear Vandevere,

I'm just writing to say that 'the Icarus Files' is some of the best fanfiction I've read in a while. It's engaging, well-thought out, spell-checked (thank you! thank you! thank you!) and most awesome of all, includes some of my favorite characters.

Being an avid fan of both The Incredible Hulk and Kolchak: the Nightstalker, it was gratifying to find them melded together in a convincing and exciting way. Your dialogue snapped and cracked, harkening back to the TV of the 70's when plots were fantastical and lapels were wide.

As I read, I envisioned the characters faces- and laughed out loud. 'It seemed like a good idea at the time' should be the buzzword of our culture.

Thanks again for making my day that much better,

Darth Kyrie
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
This tale is real good, and it's exciting. I liked that you brought in Gail Collins, I always liked her character in that one episode and they should have brought her back. There were a few I would have liked to have seen return. It's was witty how you noted how easily David finds work, imagine how hard it would be NOW! lol. I vaguely remember watching Kolchak a few times, but never got too into it, I guess I was too young then. This is an interesting cross-over coming into play. Kolchack's a smart one, ain't he? How's the intrepid Mcgee going to feel with another intrepid reporter on his tail?

Excellent truth-revealing scene between McGee and David. It was funny too. Poor David...and that Jack! GR...he will never realize that HE caused Elaina's death when he spilled the acid, not the Hulk! And those are excellent 'If Only's' that David is conjuring up in the woods. So sad. I think your characterization of McGee is spot on. You've captured his sarcasm and snarky wit very well. I like David's calm, rational explanation of what is happening to Jack, it also cleared up a lot for me! lol. Very in character.

This plot is so intriguing, and it's scary to think of the powers that Jack now has. Wow. Oh gee, now we have vampires in the stew! This is wild! The Hulk is fighting him!

David is such a good guy, willing to sacrifice and help out Jack. That surely must have startled him. Hopefully Jack will be kinder to him. Ohh Another cliffhanger! I wonder how Powell and Ripley can help Jack now? Great job.

The only suggestion I have would be to divide the story into chapters, because it was very long to read in one sitting. This story seems like it could be about 3-4 the most. But, other than that, it was very intriguing, and I WAS able to read it in one sitting.
bj lucas chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Whoa! Oh, vandevere my friend, you just made my whole year )smiles uncontrollably*

poor Jack, he's like a little boy lost. How fantastic was this! I just loved every gripping second. I hope it's not quite such a long nwait for the next part.

congrats to you and malpine on a stunning piece of writing.

*big hugs*