Reviews for Bereft
steadfast chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
This is such a beautiful story, no matter how many times I read it.
damnflamingos chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Incredibly sad but glad it had an happy ending.
i.m. nell chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Beautiful and Sweet!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
.god. You made me cry. This was so well-written, yet very bittersweet.
Oz Lovi chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
You're handling and description of both Sam and Jack's emotions and reactions to the miscarriage was very moving and incredibly realistic. I have personal experience on this subject and have to say that I had many of the same feelings and reactions that Sam did. My husband behaved much as Jack did, supportive while trying to deal with his own grief as well. I found your story very moving and well written. I have read some of your others as well and enjoyed them too.

Oz Lovi
IggyMing chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Really well written and had me in tears. I know well the emotional aftermath of a miscarriage, especially when it happens for a first pregnancy when in your late 30s/early 40s... Different emotions are evoked than a miscarriage for a woman in her twenties. Those different emotions weren't really addressed in this fic, but it was still very well written. I see there is a sequel... I'll get to that right now.
Kara Thrace chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
that was lovely. thank you.
samfan9 chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
You are truly brilliant at angst! I can't believe how much tears you wrung from me with your clever writing. And you were relentless with your punches: it's one emotional blow after another - losing Adam, Jack's silence and "turning away" from her, Jack's betrayal, it's a wonder she stayed sane. An amazing story and I loved it. Thank you!
tajmahal07 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
Amazing, amazing, amazing - moments of complete and utter sadness and incredible joy. So very well written and a great study of Jack & Sam.
WhiteElfElder chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
I am not normally a Sam/Jack shipper, but this was a nice story. Congratulations.
GateSeeker2 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
sad but nice. very poignant and accurate. miscarriages stink... i know...i will always miss our little chris... poor sam and jack. liked the name choice. perfect. adam o'neill. any sequels in the works?
leiasky chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Oh, this was very sad and very realistic. Nicely done!

Are you going to do a sequel where they actually do have a baby?
kinnik72 chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Well done!
Alys5 chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Sweet but sad.
Dizzybunny chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
A very sad story, but I'm glad there was a dose of happiness in there too. You caught the effects of miscarriage really well. I know from experience how devastating it can be. It sounds like you do to. For a long time I had a catch phase "Who said life was fair". And I think you caught that perfectly. I really like the idea of Adam's star.