Reviews for Plants Need More than Sunshine
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
This is very well done! Good characterization.
Socrates399 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Whenever I read that particular story, I wonder about the whole protected identity thing! I mean, I recognize that the stories are fictional, but whenever Watson makes a fuss at the beginning about the sensitive nature of the subject, I think "you're fooling yourself, man!" Obviously I'm not the only one! :-)
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
I very much like this one... Hmm I have a little spark of inspiration catching light, must dash.
Pompey chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
(cringe, cringe, cringe) I had to stop reading for a while, I was so uncomfortable for Watson's sake.

Even though it must be a little more than uncomfortable to read about your family's dirty laundry in a "fictional story."

Frankly, Holmes should have stayed out of it and left it up to Watson and Mrs. Fisher to work it out.
KaizokuShojo chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Mm, yes, I've always thought about the cases...wondering how people could not recognise their own problems or the problems of their neighbours sometimes...

Nice work.
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Ouch. Poor Watson - and poor Mrs. Fisher! Holmes' lines are quite true to life, especially the "Dear me" toward the end. I think he's the only man who can say that without sounding effeminate. :P

I like the species vs. genus comparison; and the "intense vision of peas" also leapt out at me! A great handling of a difficult subject matter. :)
aragonite chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Yow! Glad everything smoothed out...Not too long ago I realized there was no such place as Boscombe ValleyDistrict, and I thought, whew! Maybe that'll keep Watson out of trouble!

Yikes...
KCS chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Eesh, what an uncomfortable situation!

But I frankly don't see what the row is all about - the Strand was a /fiction/ magazine, and as such the story was /supposed/ to be completely made-up; no one would ever have thought otherwise.

And seriously, Holmes! You were DEAD, only been dead for four months, when it was published! You have no right in the world to be angry or harp about Watson publishing it without your permission, when you wouldn't send the man a letter to tell him you were even alive! *smacks Holmes*

*fumes for a few moments in silence*

That aside, you handled a painful AU magnificently. Ouch ouch ouch. The characterization and reactions here were very good indeed.
gabrielsangel79 chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
I think you describe a very probable situation. And of course Holmes would be quite angry at this breach of confidence. Well done!