Reviews for The Consequences of Truth
cheride chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I think the first hallmark of a good fic is keeping the main characters _in_ character; adding in a returning guest character who also knows these guys well and in turn provides a perfectly plausible motivation for past actions, well, that's just icing on the cake. Thanks for giving us such a tasty treat, especially in the wake of near-technological disaster.

And speaking of tasty treats, any chance we'll get to see the details of that looming case? That could be sort of fun. :-)
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I KNEW IT! This was SUCH a treat on so many levels...first (and really, this is true), I NEVER BELIEVED the original story line (I'm trying not to spoil anything for anyone in this review). I knew "somebody" was telling a fib for a very honorable reason. I really think story warrants its own discussion (maybe on Gulls Way) because there is just SO much to talk about.

Now, you know me, I love all this fanfic. But, Jaz, you did something so cool here. You gave me so many ideas of new stories as I look into my suspicions from other episodes.

Just brilliant! You made my day...probably my week!
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Hey Jaz22,

Another terrific story as usual.

Yes I suppose neither one of these guys wanna talk about the almost death of Mark McCormick.

The judge doesnt bring it up,its way to painful for him to think about.

He came so close to loosing his best friend,but Milt got to him in time.

I can see why Mark never really brought it up to the judge.

He cares and Respects him so wouldnt wanna bring back that all to him and get him upset.

Neither would Milt with Mark.

I always love your stories.

I am so glad to read another one of yours.

302pilot chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
This one read like a novel-so descriptive and detailed, with the guys in perfect character. When Mark met his 'friend' in the store, it was like it should have happened that way, with the truth being so real and his acceptance of it just so "Mark". You know these characters so well, right down to what doesn't need to be said. Thanks for a wonderful accompaniment to my cuppa tea! I'd send you a decaf, venti, non-fat, no foam, extra caramel macchiato, but I'm afraid it might spill on your laptop...

CindyB chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
The dialogue is just wonderful and that "other character" is such a great surprise. But what I really loved about this story is that you've got the guys pegged so perfectly. They know and understand each other so well they don't need to spell anything out; they're so close that words aren't necessary and might even be worse than embarrassing.

The ending is a real delight, with McC tap-dancing around the source of the cookies without ever coming close to a lie, and the next case sounds like a doozy! Just do me a favor and keep liquid refreshments away from the laptop!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Owl gave me a heads-up that this was on the way-a very nice treat to wake up to on a Saturday morning. There's lots of slightly edgy banter that's right on target for the guys. Then you have a look at another character's motives-an unexpected twist. I'll say no more, lest I have to issue a spoiler alert.