Reviews for Metroid IV: Alone In The Stars
Toby860 chapter 11 . 8/4/2011
Uh I noticed one big mistake. in chapter 10 near the bottom wheen she is getting examined. you have arms switched. her arm cannon is on her right atm not her left.
Jimbobob5536 chapter 7 . 6/15/2011
Inner Ridley, nice. I'm enjoying this story.
Inklip chapter 12 . 1/11/2011
I've always been a fan of Metroid, Fusion in particular. I found this late at night and thought, "This sounds interesting." Two weeks later all I can say is that this story has quite possibly ruined fanfiction for me because I might never find another story that can come close to being on par with it. My only critcism is that some of your sentences, while not overwhelmingly so, were a little complex and confusing. All five of my thumbs up.
A Concerned Citizen chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
I read these a long time ago. They're great stuff, but it's too bad they got shot to pieces with Other M.
ngrey651 chapter 12 . 9/8/2010
First of all, I've always enjoyed your work, and this is no exception. So thank you once again for an amazing story.

But there IS thing I've noticed though that keeps a-poppin' up in Metroid stories that bugs me: the Galactic Federation being corrupt and Samus trying to bring about it's downfall...often siding with the Space Pirates. For one, this means siding with a race of xenocidal enslaving monsters who are willing to shoot their own kind in the back over being afraid to face a foe. That in itself is madness, to destroy a monster by siding with another monster.

But even if Samus DOES bring down the GF, has she forgotten how many planets the entire Federation makes up? How many planets they protect or trade with? Hundreds, thousands maybe! She's going to allow all those innocent people to suffer just so she can get some petty revenge?

Besides, it doesn't follow that all of the government is in it solely for their own personal gain. There are probably many people who joined the Galactic Federation because they believed they could make some kind of difference, the same way people join the army out of a sense of patriotism, a desire to protect people. Is she going to cut down an entire orchard just because of a few dozen apples at the biggest tree IN said orchard? That's just stupid and destructive. The whole universe would be thrown into chaos.

And from the looks of it, that's just what happened! I believe the appropriate term is "Nice job breaking it, hero". It's "out with the old boss, now meet the worse boss" time because she couldn't bother to think of a more creative way to defeat the big bad. Oy gevalt. Some people. -_-
A2B2 chapter 12 . 8/4/2010
Not that I've read hundreds of fanfics, but this is by the far the best one I've ever seen. You remained faithful to the story presented in the game and your added elements to fill in its inherent weaker areas and outright plot holes are ingenious. I love the palm-fangs, I love the hidden audio bug in the ship, I love the Federation's politics, I love your portrayal of Samus' personality, and I REALLY love the relationship between Samus and Ridley. If there is ever an official novelization of Fusion, I'd bet my last dollar that it would get its butt kicked by this masterpiece.

There is exactly one thing I did not like about this work: the naming of ships superstition. Samus strikes me as the kind of person who would deliberately *avoid* naming any of her ships just to stick it to fate. The fact that this nitpick is the only thing I really noticed that could be improved shows just how amazing this piece is. I am eager to read your other stories and hope for many more to come!
Aminti chapter 12 . 7/21/2010
Well, that was an entertaining read. It's interesting to see how you fleshed out the story of Fusion and expanded upon some of the more tasty backroom politics, namely, the interest the Federation has in just about anything remotely looking like cloning. I have only played Zero Mission and Fusion in the Metroid series, so I may've been missing some background.

But we're not talking Prime here, it's Fusion, and yes, you did make Samus a grumpy person with the subtlety of a morningstar smashing into a computer, but eh, it fit. I liked the addition of Ridley as an affably evil hitchhiker. Another good point was the slew of insults you threw at Adam. It's hard to get away with Monty Python in a Sci-Fi setting, but it fit here.

Kind regards,
Sonicthehero5602 chapter 12 . 5/24/2010
Amazing job! I loved this story, and it's a great representation of Metroid Fusion. It was a good length, and the worst criticism I could give is a rare typo, which everyone has. Keep writing!
Javilin Yamato chapter 2 . 4/14/2010
lol that remark referring to monopoly was hilarious rofl! but yeah this story is pretty good so far!
Andi Aradan chapter 12 . 3/9/2010
Fabulous novelization, I loved every word. I think I'll go rummage through the rest of your library. :)
NNAA11 chapter 9 . 2/28/2010
A good chapter was made even better by mentioning Mike the TV from Reboot.

All that was missing was Bucket-o-nothing along with ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine.
Zefie Kirasagi chapter 12 . 10/5/2009
From discovering the story at 12:36 AM this morning to finishing it now at 5:55 AM, I truly feel that I've never seen a better novelization of a video game yet anywhere. This is EXACTLY how I would see the story unfold with the extra details surrounding it. I loved the extra stories and characters added in, which gave the story so much more depth. The redefining of the relationships between Adam and Samus, and particularly Ridley and Samus, were downright genius.

There's so much more I should say but I desperately need to sleep. But this work of fanfiction is truly incredible, and I'll be remembering it for a long while.

ZK
Adam5396 chapter 2 . 10/2/2009
This, like all your stories, is great. I don't really care how your story fits in with the game, as long as it's good.

I can't pick my favourite part of the story. But I did like the bit where Samus figures out that Ridley is in her head.

Rating: 10/10
StoppingMotors chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
That Kingdom Hearts ref made my day.

This is an awesome, awesome fanfic. I haven't played the games so novelizations are, well, novel but I don't doubt that if I had played the games this would be entertaining none the less. An all-around well-written piece of work. ;D

-Ridley's voice being introduced slowly, with Samus thinking it's part of her thought patterns. For some reason fanfic-ers seem terribly invested in the idea that strange thoughts would be immediately identified as being 'not mine'. Makes sense in universes where soul-hopping happens on a regular basis. Where it doesn't...

-The pacing of the fic - some fighting, some flashbacks and enough 'new' things that we just keep coming back for more. ;D

-Ridley/Samus interaction. Most of the time it's presented as so very twisted and while there may be undertones of such here their comraderie/spite/whathaveyou is so very amusing. And to the non-gaming neophyte it's also *believable* in its own wacky way, holovids and all. I admit Ridley's diction threw me for a loop before I realized that the Space Pirates somehow received Federation broadcasting. If they can bring the dead back to life, why not?

Eh... nothing that springs to mind. I know how constructive criticism (as opposed to unreserved praise) is best and yadda yadda but I can't really think of anything.

Thank you for writing this!
anonymous chapter 12 . 7/19/2009
completey amazing, start to finish! I love the depth you put into this already enthralling storyline, all the additions and plot enhancements were excellent and matched up seamlessly. Congrats and thank you for such an incredible story!
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »