Reviews for Metroid IV: Alone In The Stars
Brenden chapter 12 . 3/14/2015
Vinylshadow chapter 12 . 1/5/2015
Hehe...what an amusing read

Shame Other M came out; sure, it cleared up a lot of loose ends in Fusion, yet everyone seems to dislike it

Meh, what're ya gonna do? Can't please everyone
Zeromaru Chaos Mode chapter 12 . 11/11/2014
well done. very well done.
Zeromaru Chaos Mode chapter 7 . 11/11/2014
Bospider...not a terrible name choice for that damnable dickweed of a boss. that one gave everyone a hard time.

But naming it after the Megaman-X boss in Sigma's Fortress? didnt see that one coming.

i gotta say, i love this Samus. she's very much how i'd imagine her.
jebbus132 chapter 12 . 10/26/2014
A worthy end for a great story even if its open ended. Now I have to ask, are there earlier stories than the metroid III and this on? Even your mega man stories start from IV?
E chapter 7 . 10/17/2014
Ridley is in samus's head
GSlayer chapter 12 . 10/1/2013
This was a great story! I never really imagined Samus like that, but hell, no one really knows what she's supposed to be like. Well, except the creator of course. Regardless, I found it histerical when you had Samus absorb Ridley's consious! And I love that you got the timeline for the games right as well. I'd love to see you do a story for one of the primes. Well, I don't have much else to say, so for now, Ja, mata!
Twigon chapter 12 . 4/21/2013
Some people screw up novelizing a game. Some people aren't you.

(Recently beat Zero Mission & Fusion in rapid succession; little over two hours and 64% completion for both of them. It only served to make this story that much more awesome.)
The Legendary Hunter chapter 12 . 2/16/2013
I loved this story and it reminds me of metroid prime echoes I have yet to beat the game due to losing it during a move but someday I will beat it
Exterminatus Extremis chapter 12 . 7/16/2012
I loved every word of it. I didn't read the Super Metroid writeup, so any references to events in that one (such as, I assume, the Metroid larva Matrix) were largely lost on me. However, that added to the story. It created a feeling of continuity; there was something before, even if you weren't there to see it, and there will be something later, even if you won't be there to see it. It made this universe seem more fleshed out.
This was also a fun characterization of Samus and, especially, Ridley. My favorite parts were the interactions between the two, and my favorite was when Samus realized Ridley was in her head. I especially liked Ridley's philosophical take on their relationship.
Macbeth 7768 chapter 12 . 6/26/2012
Great read, sir. I found it through the TVTropes fanfic recommendations, and powered through it in a day. I liked the development of Samus's quasi-camaraderie with Ridley, though it definitely contradicts the canon (the manga has Ridley personally leading the massacre, and Ridley killed Samus's mother in front of her). I didn't mind that, though. I mean, really, Other M has jossed this very thoroughly, sadly, so canon divergences are expected.

What I did mind was Samus allying herself with the Pirates to attack the Federation in the end (assuming I read the ending correctly). I feel like Samus would have been more likely to combat the Federation on her own, or even turn herself in, only to reveal publicly the Federation's true intentions. That would have doubtlessly caused an uproar throughout the Federation.

I also disliked the apparent deification of Samus, mostly because Samus doesn't seem like the kind of person who would reach the point of deification. She's a bogeywoman to the Pirates, of course, but the whole "one hand brings death, the other enlightenment" seemed unnecessary. Samus doesn't need to become a Kwisatz Haderach, in my opinion.

Consider me in this case a praiser by exception, though. Everything I have not mentioned, consider to be good. Great, in fact. Besides Samus's character turn and apparent deification, I really liked this. This was definitely worth the read.
Grey Noise chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
An excellent story. It's been several days since I read this, but I'll give the best review I can.

The technical details of the writing were some of the best I have seen on this site, and your characterizations were well rounded and genuinely interesting. Having not read your previous work, your original characters were nonetheless properly introduced at the appropriate times and realistically expanded the story beyond the handful of canon character templates present in the original game. Overall, I quite liked it.

However, the development at the end, with Samus cooperating with the Space Pirates, contradicts earlier characterization (yours, not the sparse canon characterization) by showing the ruthlessness Samus repeatedly claims but rarely demonstrates in the story. That she develops respect and camaraderie for Ridley personally is entirely believable, but the suspension of disbelief is broken when she helps a criminal organization topple a deeply corrupt government that is nevertheless the only force protecting all of humanity from said criminal organization.

I'm sorry, that just stuck out a bit, and maybe you weren't sure how to end the story. I still highly enjoyed reading this and wish you the best of luck an a writer in the future.
Chibitiza chapter 12 . 3/29/2012
I love it.

I am favoriting this Metroid Fusion Fanfic.

The story, how you've included Ridley, and the expansions of Metroid Fusion, This is one of those fanfics that coincide with canon content and actually expands the universe, one that I really appreciate. Few stories manage to accomplish the same effect (a good example is the shadow of the colossus fanfic: the wanderer), and yours is one of them.

Good Job completing this work Magus523.
Dan chapter 12 . 11/3/2011
Wonderful story very moving and funny one of the best metroid fanfics i have read.
Beyond Backup chapter 12 . 10/26/2011
Ahh i enjoyed reading this. It was amusing, engaging, interesting i could probably go on. I also probably would but its late and i should be sleeping. But i will say this. If you ever decide to write a continuation i would read it in a heartbeat. Well done.
97 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »