Reviews for Metroid IV: Alone In The Stars
Red Chaos Mage chapter 6 . 3/28/2009
Whoa... talk about heavy aftereffects... I can only imagine how she'll react to the Core-X restoring her Screw Attack...

I also wonder how long it will take her to register just what Gori said... how Renpou's hands are deeper in this than even she suspected.

Another job well done, bossman.
shadowwolf75 chapter 5 . 3/16/2009
Oh yes, definitely worthy of that M rating, and you're making me want to play Fusion again now.
WhiteFangofWar chapter 4 . 3/6/2009
SA-X is officially in the house then. You know I once entertained the notion of making a retelling of Fusion solely from the SA-X's perspective as it would slowly grow more intelligent and independent from the X hive mind's guidance. Not sure what degree of autonomy or characterization you'll give it here, but it's something you've likely thought through before you started.

It's been a long time since you did Return to Zebes and it really shows in the difference of quality. Everything pertaining to Samus' semi-gruesome 'death and rebirth' scenario is well executed. Renpou, eh? It's not an anagram of Ridley as seen in another Metroid fic (Commander Yieldr) or your own Admiral 'Dilyer' but I'm suspicious all the same, especially with the comments from him regarding their last fight. Now that you're on the BSL it may prove a bit more tricky to keep things more varied than Samus simply going from one Sector to another as compy* and the game dictates and killing the big creature there, but I'm sure you're up to the challenge. Excellent work.

*- Amused note: Samus calling Adam 'Compy' immediatley made me think 'Compy 386'. Are you by chance a Homestar Runner fan?
Red Chaos Mage chapter 4 . 3/1/2009
Well, the reaction to SA-X was as I expected... Very well done. The next question would be whether her first encounter with it will be successfully evading its detection, or if she is forced to run for her life... I'm sure whatever path you go down will prove quite amusing either way.

I look forward to the next installment. Until then. :-)
Red Chaos Mage chapter 3 . 2/15/2009
Ah damn... I had forgotten about the frozen Ridley corpse in the station. Samus's reaction to realizing Ridley's been taken by the X is going to be major... And the Pirates are going to have one hell of a time recovering him for another "next time" if they find out about it before... well, you know.

Maybe someone saved some DNA or something...

Aside from that "oh man" moment I just described, excellent work. I'm looking forward to seeing her arrival on BSL station next chapter. Until then.
Prioris chapter 3 . 2/15/2009
I apologize for the lapse in not reviewing this story earlier. It's got great characterization and pacing, and promises an interesting take on the events of Fusion.

I'll be looking forward to see where you go with this. Well done.
GG Crono chapter 2 . 2/5/2009
Interesting. Fusion is my favorite next to Super, so let's see what you can do with it. (By the by, nice title drop.)
Maetch chapter 2 . 2/5/2009
I've already read this and the first chapter. It's okay for a start. I do like that you're doing more with Samus' mutation than the game does.

I'm still not crazy about giving Samus too many supporting allies, though. Part of her character is that she's always all alone on her missions, and never trusts anyone (with rare exceptions). At least Fusion gives her Adam to converse with, and I think that he's all she needs for this mission.
Linhasxoc chapter 2 . 2/4/2009
Looks pretty good so far. There's a few odd word choices here and there, but not too bad. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it!
Renuki chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
Oh boy.

That was a very interesting read! :D

*cackle* Horzat is amusing. XD
AsatorPrime chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
Cool start, hope it becomes a dark and gritty story
majinbuu7985 chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
Nice first chapter, this is one of my favorite metroid games. One thing I noticed while looking at the fusion suits artwork is that she has a design like a metroid nucleus on the suits back. A suggestion I have for the story is that the suit will contain a copy of Matrix's personality and be able to talk to Samus telepathically and she will also be able to absorb the suit into her body (kind of like Venom can go inside Eddie Brock). Also nice Earthbound reference in the first half (is that a hint at one of your future stories?) Looking forward to more soon.
ngrey651 chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
Woah, intense. You're using drama and biting words like blunt instruments in this story, but I love it. Poor Samus has been essentially turned into some kind of monster...if only partially. At least her mind seems to remain the same. She sure is tough.
Goldamon X chapter 2 . 2/1/2009
So far so good, and it's turned interesting enough, especially concerning the changes that Samus has now that she's part metroid. This does bring up the question of if you ever plan to write an original Fanfic, instead of the novelizations of the series. While interesting, some of them almost demand some kind of original work, like the Metroid Series.
Red Chaos Mage chapter 2 . 1/31/2009
Another excellent opening, milord.

The opening "report" was very well done. The clear bias and opinionated crap the so-called reporter was giving was quite effective. The way you executed the hospital recap also went very well, especially the end where she has the minor flip-out. Another job well done.

I can't wait to see how you have her react to her first conscious X absorption... or the encounter with SA-X.

Until next time, Lord Magus.

Red Chaos Mage (a.k.a Red Sinder)
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »