Reviews for What Doesn't Kill You
Bliss Ember chapter 8 . 3/12/2014
Hai there, uhm. Eh heh heh. I know that you are probably looooong finished with this amazing story, but I thought that maybe I could just express that I looooooooove this fanfic so flipping much that I'm prolly gonna stay up all night reading it until the 37th chapter blesses my brain. Oh, and one more thing. There is a couple errors in the writing, like switched letters or letters that are completely missing. It's not bad tho, I can still read it perfectly fine. Just wanted to let you know 3
Guest chapter 10 . 3/8/2014
? Why does he call her his Snow White? What is it about her or their situation that made him make that connection? And that last bit, "Freedom is just Chaos with better lighting" is a quote by Alan Foster - I'm not sure if you put that there as if you wrote it or not, but you need to give credit. It's something you need to mention at the beginning or the ending of your story. You could just put a little asterisk by it, or a number if there are multiple points in the story that you need to explain later on, and then make another AN at the ending of the chapter.
Guest chapter 9 . 3/8/2014
I'm just... so confused... The story isn't all that bad, don't get me wrong. There are just some things that aren't adding up.
The OC's moods don't make any sense. One moment, she's love-struck, the next, she's terrified, disgusted, and outraged, but then suddenly she's empty and starts saying things like "any OTHER person wouldn't be able to handle this, but I am /different/" - You are trying to portray her as some kind of mysterious and unique girl, desensitized to violence and death, and so some of her reactions don't seem to add up. Rather, I think ditching the whole "desensitized badass" image would have been a good idea. There are some other issues with the OC that I have, but I'm not going to point them all out. They're very tiny things.
Now, another issue I have is the way you portray The Joker.
He crashed Bruce Wayne's party to, I'm assuming, get the attention of Batman. Now, if that was his motive, he wouldn't just... pop in there and suddenly avert his attention to this random girl. The thing he has about Batman is too intense for some random girl to distract him from his main goal. I also feel like he would have DONE something, not just run in there and give everyone a scare before shooting all his men and escaping, what, less than five minutes after Batman arrived to save the day? I just don't see it happening at all. I don't think he'd be so taken aback by some girl to completely forget about who he crashed the party for - Batman.
I mean, sure, he does commit acts of random violence, but that doesn't mean he never has a motive. He really likes setting up scenarios that push Batman beyond his limits, emotionally and physically, and tries really hard to send some type of message along with it. But this little party-crashing thing? It had no message, and he completely ignored almost everyone in the room so that he could talk to this girl. I just don't see it happening.
Then the whole ... dancing... thing. The gown, the room with the spotlight, the song, the hostage... why? I mean, I feel like it was very OOC and entirely unnecessary and purposeless. You're literally just writing out your own fantasies and it doesn't work with the story at all. What is the message he is trying to send? What is he trying to accomplish? Why is he so interested in this girl that he would completely ditch Batman and, instead, prioritize this one. girl. ? And the song - the song is not something The Joker would listen to.
I'm just a little perplexed right now and I'm going to continue reading this anyway.
I hope I didn't come off as too rude or anything - sometimes I say rude things without realizing. I like this story, I do, it's entertaining and gets the job done, but It wouldn't feel write to read the whole thing without giving some critiques.
Miranda chapter 37 . 1/30/2014
Wow... Just wow. I honestly can say you had me riveted to my computer screen from the first word. I couldn't stop reading. It was so sinister and lovely that I couldn't believe a high school-er came up with this. Truly beautiful. It made me cry. Thank you. Thank you for giving the world a small piece of literary heaven.
SwitchbladeHarleyQuinn chapter 11 . 1/27/2014
Somebody loves the 10th Kingdom just as much as me *SQUEEEEEE*
Karen chapter 36 . 10/22/2013
was something beautiful! And I have to say,that this made me are really perfect ..and this is was so emotional. ! But I am sorry for the Joker he stayed alone,but well done !
Erin chapter 36 . 6/21/2013
Excellent story! I loved the ending! If you are serious about writing stories, don't be afraid to follow your ambitions. Keep up the great work :)
S chapter 15 . 6/21/2013
You need to give credit where credit is due. At the very end you had a paragraph about pain. That is a quote from a woman named Meredith Grey. I knew that it sounded familiar, and then I looked it up. Plagiarism isn't cool so I suggest you give credit to her because they are her words, not yours.
Random wolf chapter 14 . 6/18/2013
Wait, doesn't she still have the keys in her pocket?
Cocodragon chapter 8 . 6/11/2013
Most of the time i read fanfics to spike my imagination for drawing but as i read this its just so addicting and good that my pencil still hasnt touched the paper! Keep up the good work! :D
X-PoisonCherry-X chapter 37 . 2/5/2013
loved this so so much! 3
X-PoisonCherry-X chapter 32 . 2/5/2013
I was almost in tears! I knew it was too good to be true /3
nickiandlogan chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
cool begining
Blue Eye Phantom chapter 21 . 10/10/2012
So I am always looking for Joker x OC fanfics but I have to stop reading this one. I don't like Annebelle or how easily manipulated she is. Like there is no reason for the Joker to like her, she's just a snotty rich girl who partied and did drugs...all the sudden she's killing someone in an alley? she doesn't want to be a hero, shes a monster? Like where does this come from? And why does she relate to the Joker if she had only killed once before? And I thinly the Joker is a little OOC.
I don't like writing bad reviews but I had to speak my mind.
Zeroko chapter 27 . 7/1/2012
you didn't say you were speaking in Bruce's pov