Reviews for A Calculated Risk
Animosh chapter 3 . 10/3/2013
Perfect! Just perfect. Though my heart aches for Holmes as he must have been desperate when he was searching for Watson.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 3 . 1/4/2012
Mrs. Hudson is going to fuss over Watson something terrible when he comes home.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 2 . 1/4/2012
This sounds bad.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Yikes! I hope Watson doesn't get badly hurt.
Moobug chapter 3 . 3/7/2010
Nicely done! Really IC and the language is mostly spot on for the era. The relationship is touching and even though we'd never see such a thing in the original texts or on the big screen, the openness and care is certainly believable.

If you update, I'll be waiting.
doctorjay chapter 3 . 10/2/2009
Wonderful! Angsty but not sappy.
IrregularHonour chapter 3 . 9/24/2009
I'm faving this one straight off. It is extremely touching- and I hope you haven't finished it yet. Your reasoning didn't strike me as being unsound in any way. Is your explanation for Watson being able to pick Holmes up and throw him adrenalin? It was the only thing I had a problem with.
ShiftingWinds125 chapter 3 . 9/19/2009
I liked that story! Poor Holmes and Watson! Watson had a great bit of luck for having landed on that sofa!
Haley Moore chapter 3 . 2/14/2009
aw I loved this story! Holmes and Watson are such a close pair. And i belived your explanation entirely. Mostly because a plunge 4 stories down a bulding could never kill Dr. Watson! He's survived a war, bullet wounds, fever, and the most daunting...a life with Sherlock Holmes. Very well done. I am looking forward to your future stories!
qwerkee chapter 3 . 2/8/2009
A sofa! He landed on a sofa! We don't care how probable that is or what the logistics are, that was great! We certainly didn't see that coming! Bravo!
sherlockiANNE chapter 3 . 2/7/2009
Very nice! But of course we all know that if it ever came down to Holmes's life or his again, that promise would be the first thing broken.
Wirral Bagpuss chapter 3 . 2/7/2009
Oh i love this story! So glad Watson made it out of the fire, but poor Holmes must have been at breakign point in the time it took to search for Watson. Lovely friendship scenes at the hospital! You captured the spirit of their friendship well !
AmatorLinguae chapter 3 . 2/6/2009
I'm no medico either, but people have survived amazing things. :) What a lovely ending!
KCS chapter 3 . 2/6/2009
I have absolutely no idea if that scenario was medically possible - but to heck with modern medicine, you'll not hear me complaining that he's alive. YAY!

Holmes's angry outburst was to be expected, and you did the dialogue wonderfully well. I feel bad, but not really, for the poor detective that had to face the wrath and grief of THAT personality. *shivers* Out-of-control!Holmes is scary.

Loved the story - I hope you do another one soon! (preferably one that doesn't jack my blood pressure quite so highly through the roof, but those are awesome too. :)
agilesreader chapter 2 . 2/4/2009