Reviews for A small act of Defiance
laloga chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
"At his feet were the lifeless forms of children. Through the helmet, he could make out their fading heat signatures. Their passing had been swift, but violent."

One of my least favorite moments in SW, but you described it with a strange, haunting beauty. This was an excellent story, well done as usual.
sachariah chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
In general I don't like stories where Rex obeys Order 66 - it seems very OOC for him given his character development (especially in the first couple seasons of TCW), but you actually made it *almost* make some sense (with the lines about the Jedi's treatment of clones and the assault on the Chancellor). On the other hand, I don't think Rex and the 501st ever suffered under their Jedi commanders (Skywalker and Tano).

"For the first time in his short existence, Rex found himself balancing the scales of personal morals and orders."

Not sure I agree with that - Rex has already disobeyed (standing) orders by not turning in a known deserter. Rex already knows how to do what he thinks is right, even if it's against orders. It's not something he does often or enjoys, I'm sure, but it's not new.

But I do like how you do ultimately have Rex seeing through the order, and realizing it's not right. I still don't think Rex would even begin to follow that order, if he's lives to see it (I doubt he will, unfortunately).
hop-skip-n.a.-jump chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Most Excellent I say!

Racheakt chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Wow...

You know, I never really liked the clone wars- the narritive stly and the cartoony art...

And. That. Damn. Newscaster...

But this...

I think it didn't hurt that I was listening to 'Two Of Us' by Joe Hisaishi during. Wow, the tears. Look it up on youtube or something, and read and listen and weep.

Good job, keep it up.

Racheakt
Ms.MaraJade chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Very poignant, and the emotional conflicts were wonderfully written.

I think you captured Rex's thoughts and "voice" rather well. I only wish I had found this sooner!

Great job.

Take care.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Great story! Poor Rex... Thanks for writing this. God bless!
Hopelessromantic721 chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Poor Rex. Can't stop the mind bonglings. But at least he did some good by helping Ahsoka! Lovely story!
solsixtus chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
I read this on the Clone Wars comm too, I think I commented...but I have a really bad memory.

Ah well, it doesn't hurt to write something good about it again.

This was beautifully written, and it helped calm my worries about Rex and Order 66. He's an honorable one, and I think you portrayed him dead on with his inner conflict with...everything. Excellent work on this.
RegalFirebird chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Wow. Just WOW! That was incredible! The language, the description the storyline was just...wow. I couldn't have put it better. And the best part was at the end, when Rex sent a warning to Ahsoka. I loved the way you worded your story!
TheMacUnleashed chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Good job! The Clones are rather interesting characters to explore, and it's hard to believe that, out of hundreds, not one stopped to question the morals of their actions during Order 66.
Panakin chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Please put Padme in this ALIVE! and Anakin turn back before it's to late please
CaelanBell chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
wonderful...as with the previous reviewer, I too have wondered about Rex and Ahsoka and the final moments. This was perfectly written...especially the part about Rex fighting against his inner turmoil and orders to send a note of warning. I didn't even realize that it was about Ahsoka until the last line...and that pleased me all to pieces that it was so thinly veiled...yet so obvious now that i've read it more then once. Excellent work
Darth Comrade chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
You know, ever since I first stumbled on the character of Captain Rex I always wondered and imagined- what would it have been like? What would have gone through his mind? And what would the aftermath be like if he had witnessed the Temple massacre with his fellow clones?

And I have to applaud you, man. It takes a lot of guts to take it on!

And you got it spot on. His thoughts, his feelings, his personality are all there. Brilliant stuff.

I was a little hesitant to read it at first, but I took a deep breath and took it in word for word- and despite the horror- it was very gripping. Awesome.

My favorite bit? Well, it's a tough one between the moment Rex saw Vader standing still over the younglings and the way he reacted it to it- very Rex like. :D

Or the warning he passed on to Ahsoka...which I have to say, would be a genius explanation for how she survived the great betrayal!

I would love to see your take on her perspective from there! ;)