Reviews for Meifu's Gate ::Second Manuscript::
Tomyallen chapter 14 . 4/23
I like how you've written Retsu into this story. She's a little more open here...and maybe it's just because Ukitake is young but I liked how patient and explanatory she was with him. Not to mention extremely wise in her own right...not just with healing prowess but life in general.

I am glad to see Kyouraku and Ukitake really getting along now and solidifying their friendship now. They truly make a great pairing and I look forward to seeing how they play things out in this conflict.

Can't wait to read more!
Tomyallen chapter 13 . 4/23
Ha! Kai has no clue just how right he is. The fires in Kyouraku have been ignited and Ukitake presents his own confounding challenges to all who don't like him. They will figure this out and those responsible will pay in some way. I look forward to it.

Truly am enjoying this as I am sure you can tell by how rapidly I am absorbing it!
Tomyallen chapter 12 . 4/23
Holy shit. Pardon my language but that was intense especially for Kyouraku. He is sooooo lucky. Though I would really love to see him and Ukitake get a lashing from old man as he hinted he had done in canon now is not the time clearly...I just really want to see that man actually angry. I can only imagine the emotional wreckage Kyouraku is now dealing with after this incident and Yama's revelations. And I knew it! I knew he made the top mark! His powers are so strong...I'm kinda sad he's not going to rub that Shunpo in anyone's face though...I could think of at least 2 people at that academy who's reactions would be priceless.

Well done! Literally so amazing :)
Tomyallen chapter 11 . 4/23
Wow. If someone was reading this and didn't ship Ukitake and Kyouraku they would after that chapter. Jesus you just dug into all their important emotions right then and there. I'm glad they bonded though. It will keep them together even in rough situations which Im sure there are plenty of those ahead for the both of them. I really hope the old man doesn't come down too hard on Shunsui...guys had a bad enough day and now he's beginning to realize both his latent talents and his attachments to the certain people.

Very well done! Im assuming the Haori belongs to Retsu...keeping to her part of the deal in the first chapter. Hopefully with her help Ukitake won't be down for the count for too long.

Ah I just so excited about all this! This story is going so well and I love all its twists and turns!
Tomyallen chapter 10 . 4/23
And here comes trouble. Jesus Shunsui really dug himself into a hole real fast. Good thing he's got Shunpo ;) I wonder what Old man will do? This does certainly place him in a tenuous position as your AN shows. Will he go to their rescue, send someone else, or trust them to get back on their own in one piece (which I highly doubt).

I am enjoying this greatly. Can't wait to read the next one!
Tomyallen chapter 9 . 4/23
Oh boy. And here comes trouble. I have a feeling this little incident is going to have much bigger repercussions than anyone realizes. I also kinda don't trust Hirata...Ukitake just put him in a prime position that could get himself and Kyouraku into even more trouble than they'll already be in if the are randomly caught.

There are so many things at play here and it leaves my head spinning in the perfect way. I wonder I wonder. So much could happen and so much could go wrong.

Great chapter...I really do hate Cliffies.
Tomyallen chapter 8 . 4/23
Oh boy. So it started off so nice and innocent of a trip for them all but no so much anymore. Also I just about busted a gut laughing at poor kuchiki and his lady predicament. It was too perfect. Ukitake has a little funny in him as of yet.

However things are definitely not going well right now. Way to much sneaking around in the background for things to be safe for Ukitake. Slowly creeping to a boiling point here and I wonder what it's going to take for a) things to boil over and b) for Jyuu to realize the dangers that are surrounding him.

Good chapter!
Tomyallen chapter 7 . 4/22
I really am enjoying this story. It has very rich detail and good interactions between all the characters. Not to mention lots of background stuff going on with plenty of foreshadowing. Looking forward to seeing how the conflicts in this all play out.

I really do like how they are all becoming friends now though I also worry that someone in this friend group is going to end up betraying them all particularly Ukitake. Until it happens though Ill keep my hopes up.

Another wonderful chapter!
Tomyallen chapter 6 . 4/22
Oh boy. Indeed I was correct. Trouble is brewing...not quite the trouble I was expecting but still trouble nonetheless. The Shihouin and Endou are not being as discreet as they think they are. I believe Kuchiki knows something or at the very least is expecting the current state of affairs to be changed by these clans because of what they view as 'unfavorable'. I hope Kuchiki continues to be an ally...it would be great if he was a true friend but I won't get my hopes up.

And then there's Kyouraku. Damned stubborn boy. I do appreciate how Old Man approached him about this though. Firm with no 'real' space to maneuver and yet still left the ball in Shunsui's court to make a choice. He may not view it as a choice but it is still one. Hopefully that meeting won't put too much of a damper on his spirits though. I am also glad to see that the Old man knows that things are stirring up trouble...at least someone responsible has their eyes on things.

Great chapter! Also I was almost going to correct a spelling error...until I actually looked up "skive". I have never seen that word used before in a story. So extra points for expanding my vocabulary!
Tomyallen chapter 5 . 4/22
Kyouraku and his bad influences...trying to corrupt Ukitake -_- I think he takes great pleasure in the idea of it. He better watch it though as he doesn't want him to pay for his mistakes.

Looks like trouble is brewing and its going to be bad for everyone...and Jyuushiro may be the center of it all. Poor guy. Hopefully he'll have Shunsui to back him up when it all goes to hell.

Awesome chapter!
Tomyallen chapter 4 . 4/22
Very well done! I enjoyed this a lot. It had a very good mix of things going on. I am glad that Ukitake was able to get through to Ryuu...on less enemy to deal with I suppose. Not to mention someone who will be more than willing to challenge his sword skills now that he knows what he is capable of.

Oh boy. I wonder where on earth is Kyouraku is taking them? Hopefully somewhere fun and someplace where they are not going to get caught of course.

I really like how you are developing all the characters here. Everyone all has an effect on each other and their personalities seem to be very well developed. I am worried for Hirata...I have a sinking feeling about his future fate but I hope I am wrong.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully I can read it today at work!
Tomyallen chapter 2 . 4/21
Wow. Awesome start. I love the length of the chapters here. I actually get much more engrossed in the visualizations now that were at a more normal and lengthened format versus the prequel.

I really like how innocent Ukitake is in this environment right now. He might be very academically intelligent but he's about to be put in a whole new kind of learning situation that involves social problems that he doesn't quite grasp yet. I look forward to seeing how he gets through that...Im sure Kyouraku will do his best to keep him out of too much trouble.

Kyouraku on the other hand...I wonder what its going to take for him to take his situation a little more serious here? I know he's pretty much always going to have an aloof personality with the kinds of burdens he bears but I am curious to see how this academy is going to affect him as well.

Also I really like Sora. I like the entire idea of the Shiba clan and their forwardness so I kind of have bias in that opinion but I really do like how forward she is and how seemingly unaffected she is by Kyouraku's antics. I really hope she's not on the need to kill list though -_- Make it the Shihouin or someone else.

Either way this was a great start! Off to read more I go!
Tomyallen chapter 1 . 4/21
I like this idea that Retsu was noble. She certainly knew how to carry herself around like one and everyone knew she was scary powerful which goes along well with being one of Old man's students (albeit outside the academy).

I wonder who has him worried...Kyouraku perhaps? Hmm we shall see. Maybe we've got an OC here to stir up trouble instead. Either way I am looking forward to it. I have a feeling Ukitake is going to put himself through the 'grinder' while at this academy.

Great start!
Kepala chapter 29 . 7/7/2015
Yay! The power of kindness!
This series is wonderful.
Drakonflight chapter 24 . 4/28/2014
I feel like I should have known earlier that these chemicals were the foundations of Aizen Sousuke's research. At least I figured out as soon as the person in the cell was compared to a Hollow. Though the fact that his ancestor worked on it did catch me off guard - and seem obvious, too, in a way.