Reviews for Two Machines
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
For the life of me, I don't know how you posted this without being mobbed by Jameron fundamentalists howling for your blood on the review pages.

What a marvelous description of the forces that truly bring John and Cameron together: not fairy-tale romance, but a tragic mutual need, the knowledge that each depends on the other for their very existence. The trapped quality of John's thoughts in this piece are very different from the 'John loves Cameron, and Cameron loves John, and they were meant to be together' fluff filling the top page of the category these days. Thank you for this thoughtful and intelligent look into John's mind.
Dragon Seraphin chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Great one shot. I found it entertaining, especially the way that you made John look like a machine as well. I thought that was where you were going with it when he was trying to see what was under her skin. Anyway, great read, hope you come out with something more :-D
fandroid chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Whoa.

Some very impressive themes there, ideological musings are your thing.

The concept of how much the differences amongst sentient beings matter is fascinating, and this story is a creditable argument of the same.
midnightwaters chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
All I can say is: wow.
schneebly chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
The story I am reviewing is simply awesome.
Tearlit chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
*claps vigorously* You, my dear, have a way with words. I adore this one, even more than the other one, which I also adore. John's thought processes were interesting to follow, and I like how by the end there was really no difference between them in his mind. Lovely job!
ena chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
cool thoughts
Cosmiln chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Wow... deep :)
Kazu0 chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
"Anyone who reviews is simply awesome."

Let me just say this was a really "awesome" fic, wow, I loved the idea and how it is constructed. The summary leads somewhere else, so I was gladly surprise by it.

Congrats
3 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Smart, well written comparison. I enjoyed it.
Augustus Paladin Maximus chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Indeed, what is a soul? Human or synthetic for that matter? How can someone quantify what is needed to have a soul? Would someone be able to deny the quintessential, "I think, therefore I am."?

I think here the debate takes a sensitive turn since one could argue that humans are God's creation and cyborgs are humans' creation (humans created skynet right?), and since we obviously are inferior to him how could we create something remotely comparable to his creation with us.

Anyway, I am a Jameronian and as far as Cameron goes I believe she does have a soul and feelings and desserves to live and be happy. I really liked this story. Thank for sharing.
amber-prescott chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Nice drabble, thanks for sharing. Like the angle. Could turn into a whole dissertation on nature vs. nurture and predestination, if you keep going in this direction: John realizes how much of a "machine" a human body is, wonders how much free will he has, and could then even draw a parallel to how much like him the machine Cameron is. Or he could fail to realize that. Could even bring in Ellison and Derek for other viewpoints.

Some small detail things:

1) "what lied underneath that" I don't think you meant she's being untruthful. That should be "what lay underneath that". You make the same mistake later with John.

2) Not sure "get deeper, into her blood" works here. The blood is just in the skin of a Terminator, and your description already went beyond that. It feels like you're jumping back out again in your description. Of course, you could get away with that if it's an expression of how confused John is about her humanity/inhumanity, that he suddenly assumes again that there's blood deeper down.
J H Young chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Fantastic story, very well written. I really liked it because you are right under it all we are mearly biological machines.
vfergus chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
WOW! This is very deep and very true...
TK-MR chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Nice write. there are over 6 billions advance machines on the earth right now. LOL