Reviews for Tie Me Down to this World
Alice-Jaspers Girl chapter 18 . 7/12/2010
HOLY FUCKING GOD.

you are too good. i mean like... i write shit and i think its good, and i read other peoples work and its decent, but then i read this...

fuck.

you are good.
mybigteddybearemmett chapter 23 . 7/9/2010
Great job! I love it. Feel so heartbroken for both of them.
BeauteousCake chapter 23 . 7/9/2010
Did we share an English class or something in highschool together? WINESBURG, OHIO? Wow... I'm mystified. Truly.
BeauteousCake chapter 20 . 7/9/2010
This is the stuff that religions are made out of.
BeauteousCake chapter 19 . 7/9/2010
I favorited this ages ago, wanting to read it when I would be completely undisturbed to go through the whole thing at once.

I have never read anything that's made me feel to the extent that this has. An English major myself at Columbia, your excerpts and passages at the beginning of each chapter were enough to entice me into reading this.

But my god.

My cup runneth over.

I realize I have some chapters to read before there is nothing left of this... you haven't updated in a while. You should know, however, that it's almost 9 PM here and I started reading this whole thing a little before noon (with some breaks) and I'm still going strong. In a way I'm grateful this piece isn't completed. Every time I log onto this site, I'll check my favorites section for "recently updated." I don't know when-or if, for that matter- you'll update this, but know that a piece of my heart is aching to know what happens to these characters that you've completely made your own. Needless to say, you've outdone Meyer. But you have also outdone some of my favorite authors and literary geniuses of all time (many of whom you've seemingly pulled inspiration for your chapter titles and themes from). Your symbolism and the parallels you've drawn from Twilight make this story unbelievably relevant, but what's more, they make the whole Saga Franchise even better. I'm thinking back to a book that had a mildly decent plot line, a silly execution, and two relatively unimportant minor characters, and you have made them the most important and tangible of all.

There's so much more to say but my fingers hurt and I forget the words the moment they come into my mind. There are so many lines in this piece that I just want to frame and remember forever, you're that talented.
golden-perception chapter 23 . 7/7/2010
Please update soon! I really want more!
Quentin B. Caulfield chapter 23 . 7/2/2010
Jesus Christ, this is one hell of an emotional roller-coaster. I must say that I traditionally stay away from the angst associated with rehabilitation. However, you have written a startlingly accurate and engaging piece of work.

I also do not mind the shifting style of writing. I actually prefer it, as it keeps my mind engaged and fits the changing cadence of your character's state of mind.

Truly a masterpiece.

QBC
bethanyhopeless chapter 23 . 7/1/2010
I love this Story! I'm new to fanfiction and was introduced to your stories from a friend. I devoured this story in less than 2 days, I love what you've done. I'm getting my tonsils out tomorrow, and am going to be home for the next six weeks. Do you think in that time you will be publishing something else? I would love anything you can do further on this Alice and Jasper story and I plan on reading your other ones within the next couple of days. I hope that you are able to finish writing Alice and Jasper's story soon.
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 23 . 6/20/2010
Man, I knew this chapter was coming, but now it's here and I can't believe I'm not going to find out what happens. Well, not now, anyway. This story is so intense and addicting, and I can only hope and pray you get to the point where you can write more, cuz I'm going to go crazy if I don't get to read it! Thank you for writing what you have so far, though. It's been an amazing read.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 19 . 6/20/2010
Okay, I love this story more and more with every chapter. You've written these two so beautifully.

I have to say, I would've punched Charlotte in the face, no matter what her good intentions where. She saw them together on Valentine's Day, yet she thinks it's still a good idea to give him a collage of photos with him and his ex? Boy, what an idiot. And poor Alice. I wish she'd lost it and ordered her out the door before Jasper even saw her, and made her take her stupid "gift" with her!

I'm getting anxious now, though, getting to these last few chapters. God, how I hope you decide to pick up the story again soon. As much as I know life can interrupt our creative pursuits, this story is going to haunt me until/unless you finish it, I can tell already.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 18 . 6/20/2010
Another amazing chapter. I'm so glad I started reading this after you'd written so much, cuz it would be really hard to wait for updates. Though I guess I'll be waiting soon enough, as I see you've taken a break on it. I can only hope you decide to finish it eventually, as I can tell already these two are going to stay with me for a long time. This story touches me in a way that few other stories have. Thank you for writing such a beautiful story.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 15 . 6/19/2010
Loved this chapter. Heck, I love all of them. It's nearly midnight, and I'm half asleep, but I can't stop reading. Oh, and just in case it matters, a lot of the links on your profile aren't working anymore, which was disappointing, as I was looking forward to seeing all of the things that inspired you in this story.

I should go to sleep, but have-no NEED-to find out now what happens after the kiss!

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 12 . 6/19/2010
Man, you've got me crying here! These two are definitely getting to me. They're finally getting somewhere, and I can't wait to see where they go next. I'm assuming living together is going to show them how much they really need and love one another. But will they be able to express that to each other? Sure hope so.

Off to read more.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 11 . 6/19/2010
Oh, boy, this story has definitely got me addicted. I'm trying so hard to leave it for a while, but it keeps drawing me back. You've written such a beautiful story. I'm so relieved that they've made contact, and now I can't wait to see where it's going. Yes, I'm going to go read more, like I could stop myself if I tried...

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 4 . 6/19/2010
Okay, I told myself I was only going to read one chapter of this story, just to see if I liked it, and here I am going on Chapter 5. Yup, I'm hooked! I see that you haven't finished it, but I'm going to read it anyway, as it came highly recommended. Hopefully someday, when real life allows you to, you'll finish it. I can tell I'm going to be really happy if and when you do, cuz it's wonderful so far. I haven't read an A&J story in a while, but this one sounded so interesting, I had to give it a try. You have a lot of talent, and I can't wait to see where this goes, and then to read more of your stories when I'm finished with this.

1,875 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »