Reviews for Of Cupids and Kings
Kyndsie chapter 4 . 9/27/2012
I really really enjoyed this story. Despite LOVING the fluffy moments, I think my fave part was the dancing on the water. The concept of that really gets my creative juices going.
Kyndsie chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
A romantic, candle-lit dinner... for three? :) I like the setup, and am very glad that I found this story AFTER it's complete so I don't have to wait.

Per usual, I'll try to keep other comments to a minimum until the last chapter, but no promises.
Anon chapter 4 . 2/14/2009
It was amazing. I hope you keep writing these as they come to you.
mslady17 chapter 4 . 2/14/2009
Aw. I enjoyed this one, I really did. It's sweet and the perfect story for Valentine's Day. Yay!

Anywho, you could always do one for St. Patrick's Day. Goblins with more ale in their system than usual, doing a rendention of Riverdance (which was actually really good when I saw it), and singing Danny Boy and Irish drinking songs. That would be hilarious.
Athena's Avatar chapter 4 . 2/14/2009
What a wonderful gift for a Valentine's morning. Thank you for this gorgeous, wart-warming fic. The little speech about providing dreams in between moments of reality - I can't think of a better definition of love.

As for ideas... wouldn't it be nice for Sarah to think of celebrating Midsummer's Eve with Jareth (sans the jumping the fire for fertility, I think)? It must be a holiday in the underground. Or there's May Day, with maypole dancing and the selection of a summer king and queen, and young couples retreating to the woods to pick flowers the night before. He's learning her holidays; perhaps she should learn his.
magialuna chapter 4 . 2/14/2009
This was beautiful, as usual. Thanks so much. I cannot wait to read more from you! This was lovely and very sweet. The romance is just so gentle and really lovely in this fic . It goes back to the line in your Christmas fic where Jareth said something like 'how do I give you the perfect romance...' He really is in this story. -Clare
JessyBelle chapter 4 . 2/13/2009
Woot! What a sweet and horribly romantic fic. *gushes* I really enjoyed this fic. And hooray for lovely Jareth/Sarah lovin'! Kudos on a job very well done bd. I look forward to reading more Labyrinth fics from you.

KawaiiScorpio
JessyBelle chapter 3 . 2/11/2009
Awh - This is so cute so far. I can't wait to see what Jareth has to show Sarah.
Canadian Chica chapter 2 . 2/9/2009
OMG! It's a bannana boat! Do you have any idea how few people actually know about them? Expecially when they are so good.m I'm really liking this series, keep it up
Athena's Avatar chapter 3 . 2/9/2009
I have a big, goofy grin on my face. Your ode to simplicity is especially heart-warming. There's a typo in there somewhere - one of Sarah's self-denouncements - and she gets a little repetitive, but the sentiment is real and your Jareth handles it beautifully.
enchantednight84 chapter 3 . 2/8/2009
More please!
magialuna chapter 3 . 2/8/2009
Have I mentioned lately that I am in love with your story? Oh please do not wait for another holiday to keep up with this little romance after you finish this encounter... it is just too well conceived and really sweet to not see some other times... Any other! Maybe you could make up a poll of excuses for the next story so it could before the fourth of July or whatever... lol. I am already worrying about this madly! This chapter was just so awesome.

I like very much how you ensure to write how out of character he is being when he does something humbly for Sarah and that she realizes it and sees why... it makes your characterization all the better of Jareth. If you just had him start spouting poetry with no explanation it would be absurd. But the way you write in his changing expressions, the arrogance returning to his gaze... I love how you turned around Sarah's comment of "You chose me because I'm childish." Of course he behaves childishly at times... he's a King of the GOBLINS! : ) Very childish creatures. I love to see him as that king who stopped to do the Magic Dance to entertain his goblins and Toby. It makes his character more complicated and rich.

I'll stop gushing now... just, please write more, k? -Clare
MorgauseNokami chapter 2 . 2/6/2009
*grins at age-worrying comment* It's not that I disapprove of underage sex, it's just that he's wel... the exact opposite of underage. I'm all for hot Jareth/Sarah lovin', but I sort of like her to be a little more experienced to at least try and be a match for him. But oh well, this was really cute, and a lot of fandoms I read have couples with big age differences, so you won't scare me with it *grin*
Anon chapter 2 . 2/6/2009
He he...I've done that once...except it was a round paperweight that I was told to look after not a glowing crystal.
ShadowyLined chapter 2 . 2/6/2009
Holy frick on a stick, that was good! Utterly delightful... The interaction between them was delicious. Not too little and not too much. I'm rather sorry you didn't write anything for Groundhog's Day. We need more!

fm