Reviews for BLACK VELVET
Violently Red chapter 1 . 2/17
Claire chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Overall a good story, and I did enjoy the brotherly banter, and hurt!Dean & Sam.
However, there were a few errors that made this story difficult for me to read. #1-Skitsofrantic is not a word, and this actually brought the flow of the story to a crashing halt while I attempted to figure out what you were trying to say. I think I determined from the context that you meant schizophrenic (split mind, suffering from a psychiatric disorder). You also have a few words here and there (right of manhood, in the throws of whatever) that are words, but are not the words you are looking for (rite of manhood, throes of whatever).
You do have some really good ideas here, and have the potential to write really good stories. I'd recommend a good beta reader, who can catch incorrect word choices and non-words. Spell-check won't always catch it, because some of the words *are* actually words, they just are not the words you're looking for. Yes, I am picky. I admit it.
I also see potential in you, and would like to give your work additional chances, something I don't do with everybody.
Happy writing.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Another great story. I loved the why you put a witch at the end of it. That was really good. I wasn't really for that.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Velvet cat that is also a witch's famaliar. Mixed in with nightmares of Jess and Sam getting to be the protective one. Love it, love it. chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Fantastic story. Can imagine the effect Sam's nightmare/vision about Dean had on him but they had to go and investigate as there were reports of other attacks. Trust Dean to be flippant about the big cat but bet he will think twice before taking a leak in the woods again! Not so great that it injured Dean but at least Sam was able to follow the trail, leading him to the cave. So glad you didn't end the story after Dean was attacked and the phantom panther killed as loved the twist that it was a witch's familiar. Good for Sam's spidey senses, knowing something was wrong and loved how he taunted the witch to keep her for attacking and hurting his brother more. Heartbreaking how both taunted him about Jess though to try and distract him. And perfect Dean managed to shoot her straight through the eye with the crossbow, proving he's as good a shot as Sam. Great brotherly banter at the end, could imagine the whole thing playing out in my mind as I read it.

ROBINV chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Terrific tale! You really have a way with imagery, which in my book makes you an excellent writer.

Love, Robin
tsweeny chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
I thought this story was really good and enjoyed reading it.
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Bad kitty...great story. Loved it.

cozmikfaerie chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
great story! The portrayal of the boys is spot on!