Reviews for It Feels Like Protection
OcherMe chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Haha! This had me laughing the whole time. I loved it:) Poor Dean. I can just imagine how humiliating this would be for him. And how eager Sam would be to help him out:) Good job. I enjoyed it muchly:)
Twinchy chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
What a great story with loads of hurt Dean and brotherly love from Sammy.

Your description of the older sibling's injury were painfully accurate (as I can tell because I'm nursing a wrenched back myself right now). I just bet Dean was mortified to no end to have to rely on Sammy like that - and it was quite obvious he would only have gone to the chiroprator (or even worse, the Asian studio) if he was completely paralyzed without hope of recovering.

Lovely, how you interwove the drabble with the story. *applauds*

Looks like Dean is indeed getting old. LOL Which on the other hand isn't such a big surprize seeing the life they lead.
Soncnica chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
this was...yummy! oh to have Sammy do that to me! *is in dreamland*

anyways...

back problems? yeah, Dean is getting old, the poor soul :) this was really intimate, wasn't it? It made me feel like I'm traspassing somehow...:)

but it was awesome too! I think I needed a fic like this right now...slow and easy and Sam and Dean and your writing! lovely! :)

S.
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
Hahaha, all that drama and it starts again. Poor Dean really is a grandpa! LOL.
Wayward Opus chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Yay, full length story! When I heard about this posting it gave me another excuse to leave work early. I might have jumped a little on the inside when the news was relayed to me. Outwardly this may have come across as me having a mini-stroke at my desk, luckily there was no one present at the time to mock.

To more important things:

Superlative story.

Favorite line for description - 'Dean's introspective eyes found something incredibly fascinating in the dirt...' This was very captivating for me. I came back and re-read this part again after I had finished.

Favorite words ( I could not narrow it down to one):

tromp - cause I would have never thought to use it

hunched - cause its a great word

Samantha - cause its clever

tetchy - cause I had to look it up

The line that made me laugh, literally:

“Get the fuck off me, Gumby.”

I will state there was more torso and back touching than my manliness could sustain without afterward puffing out my chest and acting crass for few minutes. But I know, I'm not the target audience here.

I can help with the Dorito ownership, a Winchester is going to be a little more tricks-y.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Aw, that was great. Poor, pained Dean, and dedicated, caregiver Sam. *g* Nice combination!

And then he does it again...LOL!

Well done.
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Oh baby that's a triumph! Sensually magnificent...heehee! Loved it. Bev xx
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
There's nothing better than a good massage - and if someone that looked like Sam was doing it - I'd be in heaven.

But I feel for Dean, had back spasms myself - dang but everything hurts!

Cute story.

Thanks.
Mikiya2200 chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Well, that was... scary... Scary as in I'm currently suffering from a wrenched back too and atm I can so feel what poor Dean's feeling, there's no way you can lie down and relax without HURTING... It sucks, really, really sucks! So I'm kinda have this weird feeling about your story right now, I like it, it's very well written and I can really see the boys playing it out, but at the same time it's just too painful to read. Hope you get what I mean...
Onyx Moonbeam chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
I'm still laughing and loving this! First of all, triple torso points, and an extra point thrown in for exposed to air torso. Also, two extra points for hands sliding down Dean's torso. Ahem, *calms herself*.

I love the picture of Dean's "bizarre rising and flailing pirouette." Love the personification of the Impala.

Laughed out loud at Dean going all Richard Simmons on Sam. Plus, the fact that Sam called Dean old. Laughing.

Steady!Sam is my favorite flavor of Sam. Especially when mixed with comforting! and protective!Sam. I love his calm response, "Well, we're going to let your back in on that secret." Pitch perfect.

Okay, and when Sam's hand rested on Dean's hip, all talking about abs and such. My mind went to happy football team guys memories. Too much goodness.

I love it circling back around to Mudslide. Poor poor abused Dean.
jasper03 chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Are you ready for this? *Smishes you madly* I simply adored Sam poking fun at Dean to keep the mood light while he was trying to help him. I love it when Sam goes all mother hen on Dean. The poor man is always so busy taking care of everyone else, he needs someone who loves him and takes care of him.

What a darling Sam! He figured out how to fix his big brother and let me tell you- when you were describing the massage my own muscles were loosening up! This was very original and all too amazing! Fantastic job!

*hugs*

Katie
Onari chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Haha, awesome. Straight to my favourites. The massage was tender, I swear I relaxed myself!

Thanks for sharing,

L xx
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
The Grandmaster of Drabbles presents us with a new longer piece! _ Its definitely a more original kind of hurt/comfort, which is great- I haven't seen many muscle stories out there. Loved Dean letting Sam attend to his sore back. And I have to thank you for my new mental picture-Sammy the massuer... *.*
sylia91 chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Great fic! I always love me some hurt Dean especially if Sam gets to mother hen him. Sam was a veritable osteopath there. It could be an interesting back story in there somewhere, pun not intended but definetly hinting here :P.
Scriptive chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
E! I LOVE when you venture to more than drabbles.

Nice job. XD