Reviews for Punch Me, Love Me, Save Me
Mitzi1958 chapter 42 . 6/9
I started reading this when you first started and had to quit and wait for almost the end of middle of the story. Why you may ask? Because this story hits so close to my heart. My father was an alcoholic and he had to have a seizure to get him to stop drinking. It was almost 15 to 20 years ago but I can remember it like it was yesterday. He died in 2005 and I am GREATFUL that we had almost 10 years of him being sober before his death. I do not know if I would have mourn him like I do if he had been a drunk up to his death. When he was drinking he was not a nice person to be with when he was drunk. He never hit my mother or us kids (I have two sisters and a brother) but it might just have been hitting because he used words and I do believe words hurt so more more than beatings but since I never was beaten maybe I am wrong but it feels like a hit, a punch when you are told by the first man you ever loved, you are worthless and I believed it for many years.

We did not face any tragedy like Edward had too and I think the good lord helped us with that. After my parents had both died, (four years apart) my niece was murder and a year later my nephew (different family, both my sisters has lost a child) killed himself while high as a kite on bath salts! (Don't get me started on that, i would be writing a novel!) and I do believe if this had happen while my father was alive he would have gone back to drinking, some things you can face cold sober, some is impossible to face sober, these deaths, well let me just say we all had drinks for a while to help us cope but none of us went overboard, we have seen the hard facts of someone we love go beyond overboard and it isn't pretty.

So like I said, this story has been hard to read and I need to ask and please do not be offended but have you had an alcoholic person in your family or even a drug addict? You just seem to know all about it, like someone who has seen first hand what addiction is all about, you get it! I truly believe only someone who has lived in some way this life can really truly write about this and GET it. Thank you For such a great story and esp., for this chapter. It is one of the biggest fear of the addict or alcolohic's family, temptation! Every enabler worries when your loved one gets cleaned, it is just what we do, we can not help it, it takes a very long time to trust someone who has said over and over I will stop only to be disappointed again and again, that is why my dad had his seizure he tried to go cold turkey and as we learned in rehab that's wrong and very dangerous! We are lucky he did not die that night. Thank you again for such an amazing story and God Bless you, you are letting me and lots more people talk about a subject that holds a lot of pain!
Nelleke chapter 38 . 6/9
It was stressful for Edward to keep his feelings for Bella tucked away inside. She was no longer his therapist but she still needed to keep that distance between them. He wasn't ready for a relationship with her, so now they could spend time together as friends. I thought the gesture on the swing chain was really cute, him carving her name on the link with his. I also liked that he shared good memories of his sister with her.
debslmac chapter 42 . 6/9
:) :)
acw1 chapter 42 . 6/9
LaPumuckl chapter 42 . 6/9
I really don't want to see them go, but it was about time HE got the balls to tell her;)

The tattoo was a great idea and was the first thing coming to my mind as he said he would tell/show her at his home...

I hope he got her SMS before leaving
Nelleke chapter 37 . 6/9
What an intense chapter. So many things Carlisle told him about the aftermath of his sister's death. But Edward was ready to hear the answers. And then the session with Alice. They worked through some of their issues but they didn't dig deep. Finally the session with the family where Edward and Esme confronted each other and he learned the truth. What a breakthrough. I'm so glad she came to the stable to talk to him. He was ready to embrace her. And he finally finished his time at the facility. Now he has a chance to have something with Bella.
Oh the tears
Payton79 chapter 42 . 6/9
I was so afraid he would relapse which would make his and Bella's situation that much harder if not impossible. I can feel how much they feel for each other and how they suffer from the fact that they have to wait and say goodbye soon.
I wouldn't mind this story going on forever, but reading chapter upon chapter about their time apart would be unbearably painful, although it'll probably be easier on Edward considering he's the one who gets to experience new things each day.
To be honest, I'm ready to read their HEA, but I'm still looking forward to many more chapters.
Omg finally he said it and she will wait :)
Nelleke chapter 36 . 6/9
Edward has worked so hard through his recovery. He finally worked up to where he was ready to see his family. It sounds like the easiest (although not easy) was his conversation with his dad. Then Alice, even though she violated his trust by contacting Bella. But the hardest was his mom. I'm curious to see how that session will go, if he decides he wants that at all.
WhyNotSparkle chapter 42 . 6/9
Great chapter. Amazing story.
brenda.warren.1257 chapter 42 . 6/8
jmeec316 chapter 42 . 6/8
This chapter sure tugs at the heartstrings. I wanted to melt and cry in equal turns. I'm glad Edward continues to discover how strong he can be. And I thought their time together in this chapter was perfect. Looking forward to seeing how things go while he's in Africa.
Duvi chapter 42 . 6/8
This was ridiculously cute and sad at the same time! I knew they'd make it and even though he's going to be gone for a while this right here proves they've already made it!
ellaryne chapter 42 . 6/8