Reviews for Rest in Peace
Guest chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
tissue alert
Dragon Ashes chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
A very interesting story! Thanks for translating it into English. The grammar is a little awkward in places, but certainly not more so than most of the other stories on this site. In all, a fantastic job!

I loved your characterization of McGonagall. She really was put through a lot throughout the books, and doesn't get enough appreciation for it. And of course she would develop a friendship with Snape: both were heads of house, after all; they probably had spectacular tiffs over points and such. And made up over tea.

Regarding your author's note...I agree. However, does it really matter why Snape did what he did? Whether out of the goodness of his heart or out of a desire for redemption, he did the right thing under difficult circumstances. I think that's all you can ask of anyone, fictional or not.
LaCoquette chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
o god. i am at a loss for worsds, this was so beautiful!
Captain Evermind chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Aw, that was beautiful. Utterly, utterly gorgeous. If that was a translation, I can only imagine the power and serenity of the original! Wonderful piece. Thank you.
Slytherenegmx.de chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
As I already commented to the German version of this story, I just want to congratulate you to this wonderful translation. I would not have been able to tell you are not a native speaker, not knowing it already. I just hope that this version will be rewarded with more feedback than the other one. It is a wonderful one-shot and does indeed deserve some attention.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Of course, the fact that he, a lowly Slytherin, became Headmaster and was accepted by its office (when Umbridge was not) had absolutely nothing to do with her hatred for him.

Yes, it's easy to have regrets and mourn (especially when she did nothing for him even after death). I wonder if any of the Slytherins she drove out into the battlefield in the middle of the night are still alive?

Looking after them now that it's really unsafe to be a Slytherin would be something Snape might like better than a vigil.
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Wow, that was amazing, very said but really good!