Reviews for The Informer: Part Two
Abracadebra chapter 2 . 1/5
Writing a little cryptically to avoid spoilers...

Leave it to Carter to be a volunteer! That makes perfect sense. There were some neat cinematic moments in this story - I could definitely see the "triumverate" answering all of Hogan's observations in unison, and I laughed out loud at what Hogan said when he finally stopped pacing! But my favorite part of this story is the coda - "Tune in next week to find out ..." Yes, that would be a mystery worth solving! This story is a very entertaining find and does a very good job of unraveling some of the mysteries of Hogan's Heroes!
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 1/5
Your golden oldies deserve a comeback. Thank you for crafting a terrific story that confronts several of the most pressing questions from the pilot episode. It's so interesting to see Newkirk and Carter together before they really know each other, underscored by Newkirk's surprisingly deferential (in retrospect) act of addressing Carter by his rank. I don't think I ever read this one before now, and I'm glad I turned to it.
mlktrout chapter 2 . 12/19/2015
A terrific explanation for how Carter joined the team. It's also believable that his expertise in one field was ignored in favor of the "needs of the army." When I was in the army (30 years after Col. Hogan and his guys) my roommate in the barracks was a trained helicopter mechanic who made the capital error of admitting she knew how to type. Bingo-they made her a secretary in the Operations (G3) office. She was constantly-and unsuccessfully-trying to get reassigned to a helicopter unit.
ffaforlife chapter 2 . 6/8/2015
Oooh I love this story! I've always wanted an explanation for the whole Carter situation and this one is perfect! Thanks!
FarmGirlForever chapter 2 . 6/8/2015
I like it-it's a great way to make Carter's presence after the pilot make sense! I also like that you portrayed him a little less accident-prone in this story than the show. I have a soft spot in my heart for Carter... And I'm glad to know Hogan does too! :)
SaraiEsq chapter 2 . 9/21/2014
Nicely done!
RowdyClara chapter 2 . 7/18/2012
Awesome story! I loved it, and I was amused at the way you put "And now brought to you in living color [...]" at the beginning and "Tune in next week [...]" at the end. A wonderful story that made me laugh. :) Great job!

And I was also pleased to see whom you dedicated this story to. Cedar and Moss both did indeed deserve more screen time. Olsen is my 2nd fav hero and Langenscheidt has ALWAYS been my fav German. :)
BookQ36 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
woot! I've been waiting for someone to answer the question of how Carter became one of the guys.
inhonoredglory chapter 2 . 8/15/2011
Awww. First of all, Carter and Hogan choking up. So cute. And the monologue by Hogan with the "triumverate" responses of "Yes, Sir" were absolutely perfect. Very interesting to see Hogan's pre-sabotage-mania operation being discussed.

Hogan is so in-character talking to Carter, and especially I love the part where Hogan pulls up the chair and lays the cards down for Carter. He is so seriously articulate, and I could really hear his voice

Now that transition from "he needed a volunteer" to the next paragraph was great! It has a television-like jump of thought and scene. I love that! And you're good at it.

And the scene where Hogan asks the men to draw straws to volunteer was nice. The other men felt so real. I love Evans. Poor fella, getting this sudden news. I could feel his shock - and dumbfounded elation!

SNAFU allusions! (when filling us in on Carter's family situation) That's great. With a little detached narrative so like your style. Love it!

But, yeah, what an adorable story, and a nice, incredibly fleshed-out explanation for Carter's new position in the camp. The characterization was great, and the dialogue was clean of heavy narration. Interesting how Carter is really still a lieutenant. Now Newkirk's general abuse of him is even more un-military!
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
"The Stalag 13 spa and resort" - LOL! You sure have a way with straight-faced funnies. Ditto for the "in living color" at the end of your author's note.

It's odd seeing Carter as a real officer, especially with Newkirk around. I like how in one paragraph (after the second footnote), you have Carter's dialogue, and then the narrative which explains it, rather than the reverse.

But what a cute story! I love the way you chose to have Carter return to Stalag 13. It's interesting to see the early years of the operation. Seems like in the story, the "extras" have more action, too, just like in those early episodes.

And the ending line was absolutely the best! I wonder how he'll become a sergeant. I'm glad I'm reading these!
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 12/16/2010
Wonderfully done, and a marvelous explanation of why Lt. Carter in the pilot was Sgt. Carter in the show. (I always wondered how Carter made sergeant, but lieutenants don't need to be terribly bright, just young and eager.) I loved how you handled Schultz.
Six of Twelve chapter 2 . 3/23/2010
You came up with the perfect solution to explain Carter's "demotion" from Lt. to Sgt. Great work, as usual!
Revcon chapter 2 . 3/8/2009
I love how smoothly you meshed the pilot episode with the rest of the season, including explaining why Carter was demoted.
Sheila Snow chapter 2 . 3/8/2009
Hah! Didn't think there was any way all that could be fixed, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Very entertaining, and I can definitely see it happening this way. Good work - a well thought out and imaginative solution!
L J Groundwater chapter 2 . 2/7/2009
"several things happened that would change the operations at Stalag 13, forever, or least until the war ended."

This made me giggle. They won't need Stalag 13 AFTER the war, so "until the war ended" cracked me up. I have a feeling it was intended, and it was cute :)

And I love the "meticulously groomed" head of hair.

You have these little touches that just make me smile when I read. I enjoy the work you do.