Reviews for Rose by a Lemon Tree
Grand Witch Alliance chapter 18 . 2/21
My favorite chapter of this series has to be 'Her Name: Mother - II: Birds and Bees.'

Before I get into why it was my favorite, let me talk about some of the other chapters. There were certain points in this story that lulled me into a sense of boredom. More specifically, those were the times when Rosalie was discussing with herself the feelings she shouldn't have towards Bella. I understand why it was included, since one chapter would be difficult to express Rosalie's acceptance of her love to Bella, but as a reader, the scenes were quite repetitive.

As a single chapter, 'Her Name: Mother - II: Birds and Bees' has multiple elements that make it my favorite. Here are the elements that stand out to me the most:

First is that as the reader, I can see more of Rosalie's background. The chapter with Rosalie's father giving Rosalie alcohol when she was sick was of a similar nature, but not quite the same. Her mother's chapter explicitly states that her mother is acting a way that she usually does not. So, as the reader, we get to see two sides to the way Rosalie interacts with her mother - how they normally interact, and their specific interactions that day.

Second is the way Rosalie's mother speaks with profanity when describing the 'birds and the bees' with her daughter. It was really funny picturing an old-fashioned lady, normally prim and proper, using profanity in such a manner.

Lastly, and my favorite part was Rosalie's mother's idea of having Rosalie tie Royce down by forcing pregnancy. She had this entire scheme planned out with Rosalie keeping Royce with sex and Rosalie's father keeping his job, but it was all for naught because Royce had no such plans of keeping Rosalie. They had sex that one time and he threw her away right after. Then Rosalie's father lost his job and everything came tumbling after. I think the irony of Rosalie's mother's statements alone made it the most appealing chapter.
CarlieZA chapter 1 . 11/26/2016
so i just read your last pm and you recommended me this story while i wait for the next chapter of MSRII and here i am following the recommendation...i know this will be painful but HEY that's one of the things i love about your writing its enjoyable and painful at the same time! oh gee! i know what I'm getting into... I'm afraid but also excited ship wish me luck and buckle up! talk to you soon super awesome writer Sir!
Owenn2 chapter 18 . 8/17/2015
To say not to read is the same thing as telling a woman to read, but then again I suspect you knew that nicely played. This was certainly a different twist a surprise if you will. At times it would seem to be redundant and yet that same uniqueness made it so the reader simply HAD to keep reading. I loved it and I hated it, you managed to write a story that pulls in and grips the reader makes it so they can put it down...so loving it or hating it, you did exactly what a writer is supposed to do, good job.
MadTrout chapter 18 . 2/4/2014
:'(
MadTrout chapter 17 . 2/4/2014
No, Rose, it's not a simple task! You can't just kill her; you love her! I want a happy ending where they go frolicking into the sunset with their vampire skin glittering like diamonds! Gah! Geophf!
MadTrout chapter 16 . 2/4/2014
Imagine having thoughts like these everyday and not being able to sleep them off. That's a tough lif... Err, I mean, existence. ;)
MadTrout chapter 15 . 2/4/2014
This was really disturbing and gruesome. And then I was sad and you made me cry. I want to highfive you for every second of everyday. Because this chapter was my favorite chapter and you are my hero and my love and will you marry me?
MadTrout chapter 14 . 2/4/2014
You sure know how to end a chapter. You are the master of making me want to read more. When you used "want" as a noun, I felt that it truly described Rosalie primal, insatiable desire to have Bella. Children don't learn words like desire. With the word want, you demonstrated how necessary and primary, Bella is becoming in Rose's life.
MadTrout chapter 13 . 2/4/2014
Rose is so clever. And cruel. And awesome. And so under appreciated in canon.
MadTrout chapter 12 . 2/4/2014
About halfway through, I had something really profound to put in this box here, but I forgot. Sigh. I'm such a disappointment as a reviewer. Well, beautiful as always. I was surprised by your(Rosalie's) depiction of Esmé. Is there a specific reason why she feels that way? Just because she sat by and did nothing while she was being turned?
MadTrout chapter 11 . 2/4/2014
The further i dive into this story the more I realize just how intelligent you are. You draw on a lot of knowledge and you elaborate tomb that knowledge with beautiful prose. It's very detailed and the descriptions, while extensive and well-thoughtout, don't make it difficult to understand the point you're trying to make. It would have been very easy to confuse the reader with your analysis of the feeding but you managed to make it incredibly easy on me.
MadTrout chapter 10 . 2/4/2014
Ooohh the revelation at the end. So good. It gave me chills.
MadTrout chapter 9 . 2/4/2014
Where did you find that song? Just wondering. Way to tie in Rose's escapades with her servants into cannon. Very smooth transition. But I already knew you were as smooth as a baby's butt with your way with words. Was Rose's cruelty towards the servants just paranoia that all of them were "fucking" her parents or was it something else? Maybe jealousy that they were getting her parents attention and she wasn't? I'm just thinking out loud here, don't mind me.
MadTrout chapter 8 . 2/4/2014
You taught me a new word uvular. That looks like it would be the name of some nonessential organ. I enjoyed this chapter because of the detail in which Rose contemplates the names. I'm glad you didn't decide on Lucy. All I would be able to think of would be "LUCYYYYY, I'm hooooooommmmmeeee"
MadTrout chapter 7 . 2/2/2014
Wow. I have a lot of respect and fear and awe and other emotions I'm not completely certain towards Rosalie's mother. I mean, just wow. No wonder Rosalie is such a badass.
I felt that her advice to Rose was really authentic though; it must have been a nightmare being a woman during that time period. Or maybe not, considering the hired "help". In a way, I feel that this moment between them actually reinforced her mother's love for her, if she really hated Rosalie she would not have helped her at all. This was Mrs. Hale's way of showing her love for her daughter. Do you agree, friend?