Reviews for Rose by a Lemon Tree
avalynnelfe chapter 18 . 6/12
wow! honestly, I don't even want to imagine how hard it must have been to write this whole thing, considering how long it took me to actually read it. the thing is, I can totally see why Rosalie has turned out the way she has and what sort of scares me is the fact that, if I had been in her situation, living her life, I might have turned out just like her. she is a walking paradox. she's not a good personvampire, whateverbut the fact that she knows this makes her different. she tries to fight her nature, but then she doesn't. she is selfish, but still she puts Bella above herself. only because she loves her, true, but nonetheless. Rosalie is cruel, but she is also kind, and she works SO HARD to not let her instincts get the better of her. and then, she doesn't even give herself credit for that. she is a Hale, it is expected from her, nothing special. there is a lot of myself that I see in Rosalie. not that I want to murder people, obviously, but in the sense of what I am expecting of myself, and the way I look at myself sometimes, there are definitely parallels. I don't know what else to say except THANK YOU, for everything. for writing this story, for publishing it, and for touching so many people with your words. they may not have changed my life completely, but they have influenced it, and I believe for the better. I find myself, especially in the evenings just before I go to sleep, reflecting on my day and my actions, and more often than not it is your story that comes to my mind, and that helps me see things from maybe a different perspective. so, THANK YOU!
avalynnelfe chapter 17 . 6/12
this chapter was intense! but I feel like it was one that I enjoyed more than others. it just makes it all come together, and even though I still don't understand A LOT about Rosalie, her actions do make a little more sense now... I'm off to read the Epilogue and then you're gonna hear my thoughts on the overall story
avalynnelfe chapter 16 . 6/11
is it weird that this chapter actually left me feeling quite good? don't ask me to explain why, because I can't and it absolutely doesn't make any sense AT ALL, but well... also, the one thing that bothers me most is Rosalie just throwing all these things into the river. like, seriously? do you HAVE TO pollute the environment like that? admittedly, she actually does have to (or alternatively kill Bella and after that probably herself somehow), but still... today is a weird day, or so it seems... it wasn't a pretty chapter, not at all, but somehow that good feeling of freedom Rosalie gets is the one that stuck with me...
avalynnelfe chapter 14 . 5/30
I have to admit I sort of put reading this chapter off as long as I could. I think it was the warning at the beginning and how the last (?) chapter I read that had it turned out... but well, I must say I was pleasantly surprised! it wasn't a pretty chapter, sure, but it didn't leave me in a state of emotional distress or something similar. I do believe that Rosalie lost the battle about love, the other two would have made MSR impossible to take place as it did... also, Rosalie is, at least in my opinion, totally wrong about one thing. she already IS involved with Bella, she started being involved in her life the moment they met. PROBABLY it could be argued that Bella did lose by this turn in her life, but I also think that she gained a lot. Rosalie isn't always right, and this shows it. oh, and I'm glad she saved Bella's life and also decided to not rape her, no matter what she called it in her mind, it still would have been rape. her reasons for that may not be the best, but in this case it doesn't really matter all that much... now I'm wondering however how she justified her actual near-rape of Bella in MSR... I don't try think a 'practical lesson' is good enough or would be good enough for Rosalie... even though... maybe it was, I'm still not 100% sure about her...
avalynnelfe chapter 12 . 5/8
and this chapter is proof that Rosalie is absolutely NOT a monster. she's not a good person, as I've said before, and she still has a long, long way to go, but you can clearly see that the foundation for her to grow into a better person is there. and in MSR I've a lot of that growth already, or so I think. I'm excited to see where this journey will end, if it ever truly will...
avalynnelfe chapter 9 . 4/26
Rosalie is not exactly a good person and in this chapter, I think it shows a lot. you can see how a person is by looking at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals, after all. but while she absolutely overreacts, and not in a good way (can you even overreact in a good way?) I sort of understand her. her whole view of the world has been turned upside down, and now she wants to hurt those that she thinks have wronged her, and that are somewhat responsible for her world falling apart. despite her coldness, she still isn't an adult, and there is still that innocence about her, or rather, was. and she wants to believe that her parents live each other like Vera and her husband do and like she wants it to be for herself. and now that she has found out that this vision of hers doesn't really exist, apparently, and her innocence has been 'taken' with that talk, the only thing Rosalie knows how to do is to lash out. or at least, that's my understanding of the situation. on another note, Happy Birthday!
avalynnelfe chapter 7 . 4/25
wow, just... wow. I have to admit I'm not an expert in history, so I don't know if that was the general situation in the 30s or if Rosalie's mother is taking it to new extremes. I hope, I REALLY hope it's the latter, because as sick as it is, at east it wouldn't have been the general case. from an objective point of view, I get it, I really do. but to actually go through with it and live your whole life like that? welcome to my nightmares!
avalynnelfe chapter 5 . 4/24
well, this was hard. it wasn't unexpected, but it still hits me again. and again with every new chapter I read. Rosalie did not have it easy, ever, and she still doesn't. and yes, Bella doesn't have it easy either, but I'm thinking for her it's been what? a few weeks? for Rosalie, it's been YEARS. I can't imagine being in either of their places and doing as well as they have... I think... I often think I will never get through something, but you never know... maybe I would manage... I just hope I will never have to find out personally. do something with my father... it's... I don't know... do you know what it feels like when you are afraid to ask because you don't want to be questioned WHY you're suddenly acting the way you are? I don't want to explain myself, and it's going to be awkward as he'll, but I think, I hope, I will get over myself and do what you asked me to do. you're right, I don't have time, and my dad probably doesn't either but when if not now? or tomorrow, as today it's too late for any activities...
avalynnelfe chapter 4 . 4/19
well, I think I can see why Rosalie thinks of Esme the way she does. getting an insight into her thoughts is very interesting, I have to let you know. I don't have much else to say, actually, just wanted to let you know I have safely arrived at my destination
Grand Witch Alliance chapter 18 . 2/21
My favorite chapter of this series has to be 'Her Name: Mother - II: Birds and Bees.'

Before I get into why it was my favorite, let me talk about some of the other chapters. There were certain points in this story that lulled me into a sense of boredom. More specifically, those were the times when Rosalie was discussing with herself the feelings she shouldn't have towards Bella. I understand why it was included, since one chapter would be difficult to express Rosalie's acceptance of her love to Bella, but as a reader, the scenes were quite repetitive.

As a single chapter, 'Her Name: Mother - II: Birds and Bees' has multiple elements that make it my favorite. Here are the elements that stand out to me the most:

First is that as the reader, I can see more of Rosalie's background. The chapter with Rosalie's father giving Rosalie alcohol when she was sick was of a similar nature, but not quite the same. Her mother's chapter explicitly states that her mother is acting a way that she usually does not. So, as the reader, we get to see two sides to the way Rosalie interacts with her mother - how they normally interact, and their specific interactions that day.

Second is the way Rosalie's mother speaks with profanity when describing the 'birds and the bees' with her daughter. It was really funny picturing an old-fashioned lady, normally prim and proper, using profanity in such a manner.

Lastly, and my favorite part was Rosalie's mother's idea of having Rosalie tie Royce down by forcing pregnancy. She had this entire scheme planned out with Rosalie keeping Royce with sex and Rosalie's father keeping his job, but it was all for naught because Royce had no such plans of keeping Rosalie. They had sex that one time and he threw her away right after. Then Rosalie's father lost his job and everything came tumbling after. I think the irony of Rosalie's mother's statements alone made it the most appealing chapter.
CarlieZA chapter 1 . 11/26/2016
so i just read your last pm and you recommended me this story while i wait for the next chapter of MSRII and here i am following the recommendation...i know this will be painful but HEY that's one of the things i love about your writing its enjoyable and painful at the same time! oh gee! i know what I'm getting into... I'm afraid but also excited ship wish me luck and buckle up! talk to you soon super awesome writer Sir!
Owenn2 chapter 18 . 8/17/2015
To say not to read is the same thing as telling a woman to read, but then again I suspect you knew that nicely played. This was certainly a different twist a surprise if you will. At times it would seem to be redundant and yet that same uniqueness made it so the reader simply HAD to keep reading. I loved it and I hated it, you managed to write a story that pulls in and grips the reader makes it so they can put it down...so loving it or hating it, you did exactly what a writer is supposed to do, good job.
MadTrout chapter 18 . 2/4/2014
:'(
MadTrout chapter 17 . 2/4/2014
No, Rose, it's not a simple task! You can't just kill her; you love her! I want a happy ending where they go frolicking into the sunset with their vampire skin glittering like diamonds! Gah! Geophf!
MadTrout chapter 16 . 2/4/2014
Imagine having thoughts like these everyday and not being able to sleep them off. That's a tough lif... Err, I mean, existence. ;)