Reviews for Promises
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 3 . 2/17/2012
Poor Scott, he just pulls everything onto his own shoulders. The Terrible Two were adorably terrible; a great read!
LucyMaxine chapter 3 . 4/2/2010
This is great! I love it!
Math Girl chapter 2 . 2/25/2009
Raising his brothers is a huge burden to place on the shoulders of a teenaged boy. It happens, I know, and they do the best they can, but it's tough. Scott is a young man of real character.

Christine
Math Girl chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
Explaining such a loss to children is really hard, whether they belong to you, or they're your students.

Sam, as always, you've written a wonderful and extremely touching story. It makes me want to hug both little boys, and all of their brothers, too.

Christine
Little Miss Bump chapter 3 . 2/8/2009
Wow, how did I manage to miss this one? Didn't even spot it until just now. But it was another excellent story, my friend. Light-heated and sweet, but with an underlying seriousness that came with the death of the boys' mother.

Understandably, Scotty would feel pressured into keeping his promise to his mother, and would consequently feel guilty if he thought he was letting her down. I thought you wrote that part wonderfully. And the scene at the end between Jeff and Scott was sweet. It was good to see Jeff admitting to having let the boys down. But you ended the story on a high note; with Jeff promising to take care of the boys, and thus allowing Scott to experience a proper childhood. Plus Lucy's still there, watching over her babies for all time.

A sweet little fic. Glad to see you're putting your talent to good use. Family fluff at its best. Great job.
criminally charmed chapter 3 . 2/7/2009
Poor Scott is doing his best but Gordon isn't making it easy for him. Then again, Scott isn't making it easy on himself either. But I love how sweet Alan is. And Jeff did occasionally pop his head out, didn't he?

Nice Lucy touch BTW - you know how much I love that.
KatZen chapter 3 . 2/6/2009
I absolutely loved this chapter! The ending was so sweet, and I'm so glad Jeff managed to talk Scott around.

Alan's simply adorable too.

I really laughed at the 'why is you brother in the doghouse' line. And I loved the little touch of Lucy at the end.

Next update soon?

KZ ;)
jendarra chapter 3 . 2/6/2009
I loved this.

You write them so well.

Looking forward to more from you.
lissysue85 chapter 3 . 2/6/2009
Wow great ending honey. Loved John's little comment about the vikings. Bless Scott for feeling like he failed and go Jeff for talking him round. You really captured his feeling well. I loved this and I know a certain older brother of mine does too.
sammygirl1963 chapter 3 . 2/5/2009
Aw, poor Scotty-he feels so guilty. I'm glad Jeff is there for hima and trying to take the guilt away!
thunderincrimson chapter 2 . 2/5/2009
Cool! Will this story evolve through the years or school and IR? It would be awesome! _ I love reading about Scott's protectiveness toward his younger brothers!
criminally charmed chapter 2 . 2/5/2009
Gordy can sure be a stubborn little cuss. He doesn't change too much as he gets older, does he? And Scott is taking so much on himself and no one seems to realize how much of a burden is being placed on the shoulders of someone who is - believe it or not - still a child himself.
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Poor Scott was way too young for that kind of burden to be placed on him. But in some ways, he took it on himself.
KatZen chapter 2 . 2/4/2009
Tsk, tsk. I hope Gordy apologizes.

Poor Scotty; he must feel so torn between his school obligations and his promise to his mum and his promise to Gordy and Allie and his promise to his dad. Talk about spreading himself too thin. But, I wouldn't have expected any less from Scott.

No tears this time, so that was a good thing.

Next update soon?

KZ ;)
jendarra chapter 2 . 2/4/2009
Wow! another update, thank you.

Poor Scott, trying so hard, but lots of younger brothers, not easy.

I love stories about their childhoods, and I don't think Scott ever had it easy.

More please.